Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 62. (Read 261789 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 26, 2014, 05:26:57 PM
It's still going http://www.sigmatv.com/
March 26, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Guys sorry to say so but the NEO guy at 60 minutes now is quite rubbish (he just said that now you can buy nothing with bitcoin)

Guess depends on the context. You can certainly buy lots of things with Bitcoin, especially online. He probably meant to say you can't buy stuff from physical stores in Cyprus with Bitcoin, though you should be able to do that with a NeoBee card at merchants that have Neobee pos devices.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 26, 2014, 05:14:57 PM
Guys sorry to say so but the NEO guy at 60 minutes now is quite rubbish (he just said that now you can buy nothing with bitcoin)
March 26, 2014, 04:57:44 PM
Not sure how many people caught this but Tuur Demesteer has openly admitted he's a Neobee shareholder last week.

https://twitter.com/tuurdemeester/status/445677496420564993

We knew he went to Cyprus at the opening and said he didn't own any shares at the time.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
March 26, 2014, 03:05:46 PM
Perfect! Will be translating it tomorrow if I have time
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 26, 2014, 02:24:11 PM
If someone can record and send me the talk on Sigma tonight (i would but I am a tech noob) I can make an English voiceover and upload it to youtube...or if you tell me how to and you are interested I can make a live translation

video will be uploaded here later tonight or tomorrow morning
http://www.sigmatv.com/shows/60-lepta/episodes
March 26, 2014, 01:36:29 PM
I'm now sure for me and my opinion about the troll posts! Do not take my opinion as yours - do your own research. The trolls who took over the tread are mpex connected. See this tread and the response from Danny:
...the people that paid for your mother's airfare? How did you settle the hospital bill?
Oh, you think I was in a coma in 2013, fortunately not
September 2013..... My mother had passed away in the May 2009 Good one!
Congratulations, you should join Newsweek!
Right after this tread was created some troll posts from multiple troll accounts were posted in the Neo & Bee official bitcointalk tread. Note that mpex take 30 bitcoins just to allow you to trade and they have huge amount of bitcoins. On my opinion they are:
1) Trolling huge amount of threads in this forum for profit (and far beyond this forum).
2) Currently paid pretty well
3) Buying huge amount of neo & bee low-cost shares
4) Well funded from doubtful sources
5) Creating bets and heavily betting against Neo & Bee
6) Making mock of sec
... I have some more

Overall whoever is doing this is doing it for huge profit and power and is not alone - I've spotted multiple groups of organized trolls doing the same in different fields and aspects.
On other hand - I'll be surprised if we'll get the first Neo & Bee dividend so fast (first quarter, just 35 days after their grand opening) - they just started and I'm pretty sure they are already filling the needed documents for the business to spread to UK, Germany and some more (see the recent UK, USA, Germany and a lot more bullish news about legislation). On my opinion they should be very busy right now and we will see the results coming soon. Neo & Bee have the advantage to be the first of its kind and some are both jealous and represent the scum of society. Neo & Bee is the kind of business which is bringing this technology to mass adoption. More slop will follow not only according Neo & Bee and Bitcoin at all, but regarding many other aspects of our life. Those vermin are here to stay for a while, so be careful and think twice!

You're quite right.

The guy operated that exchange since 2011 and managed to get his hands on a decent chunk of btc. He's no stranger to betting, as I was saying earlier and could spare some coins to hire a bunch trolls (or a dedicated troll) to bash the competition. https://twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/445237042297860096 Funny how his trolls are advertising this very same website in their signatures and forum posts.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
March 26, 2014, 01:19:16 PM
I'm now sure for me and my opinion about the troll posts! Do not take my opinion as yours - do your own research. The trolls who took over the tread are mpex connected. See this tread and the response from Danny:
...the people that paid for your mother's airfare? How did you settle the hospital bill?
Oh, you think I was in a coma in 2013, fortunately not
September 2013..... My mother had passed away in the May 2009 Good one!
Congratulations, you should join Newsweek!
Right after this tread was created some troll posts from multiple troll accounts were posted in the Neo & Bee official bitcointalk tread. Note that mpex take 30 bitcoins just to allow you to trade and they have huge amount of bitcoins. On my opinion they are:
1) Trolling huge amount of threads in this forum for profit (and far beyond this forum).
2) Currently paid pretty well
3) Buying huge amount of neo & bee low-cost shares
4) Well funded from doubtful sources
5) Creating bets and heavily betting against Neo & Bee
6) Making mock of sec
... I have some more

Overall whoever is doing this is doing it for huge profit and power and is not alone - I've spotted multiple groups of organized trolls doing the same in different fields and aspects.
On other hand - I'll be surprised if we'll get the first Neo & Bee dividend so fast (first quarter, just 35 days after their grand opening) - they just started and I'm pretty sure they are already filling the needed documents for the business to spread to UK, Germany and some more (see the recent UK, USA, Germany and a lot more bullish news about legislation). On my opinion they should be very busy right now and we will see the results coming soon. Neo & Bee have the advantage to be the first of its kind and some are both jealous and represent the scum of society. Neo & Bee is the kind of business which is bringing this technology to mass adoption. More slop will follow not only according Neo & Bee and Bitcoin at all, but regarding many other aspects of our life. Those vermin are here to stay for a while, so be careful and think twice!
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
March 26, 2014, 01:11:24 PM
If someone can record and send me the talk on Sigma tonight (i would but I am a tech noob) I can make an English voiceover and upload it to youtube...or if you tell me how to and you are interested I can make a live translation
copper member
Activity: 224
March 26, 2014, 12:40:57 PM
can someone give neobee a call and ask when the next update to investors will be? i'd do it myself but my phone is about as useful as a doorstop right now
Activity: 512
ICO is evil
March 26, 2014, 12:38:56 PM
Hey Herp, sorry if this comes off as really noobish, but what exactly do you see as Neo's revenue model?  They actively discourage speculative trading in the branch (Danny told me this himself, face to face), and despite looking into it, I can't figure out exactly how they plan to make money.  Unless of course it is from their "fiat stable" accounts benefiting from a rise in bitcoin.  Also, what kind of risk do you see to them if coin prices fall, due to the same issue of having a "fiat stable" account base?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khGADbJeu0efCNZ13lnz8BucG7PfS5Cl9lBZ1sncY-4/edit

This recently released updated prospectus should answer your questions.

Not to sound shrill or anything, but I just read the prospectus, and other then a fee on transfers to reduce the cost of transferring internationally when compared to Western Union or whatever, I can't actually find a part of the prospectus where they say how they will make money.  There are lots of products and futures plans, but I honestly can't find the part where they say, "this is how we will profit." 

Can you point it out?  I know it has to be in there, I am not a hater here or anything... Like I said, visited their offices two weeks ago.  Had a great chat with Danny.  My paperwallet company is working on some sample wallets for them.  I would be interested in investing, but honestly can't figure it out.

Thanks man.
March 26, 2014, 11:24:34 AM
Hey Herp, sorry if this comes off as really noobish, but what exactly do you see as Neo's revenue model?  They actively discourage speculative trading in the branch (Danny told me this himself, face to face), and despite looking into it, I can't figure out exactly how they plan to make money.  Unless of course it is from their "fiat stable" accounts benefiting from a rise in bitcoin.  Also, what kind of risk do you see to them if coin prices fall, due to the same issue of having a "fiat stable" account base?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khGADbJeu0efCNZ13lnz8BucG7PfS5Cl9lBZ1sncY-4/edit

This recently released updated prospectus should answer your questions.
Activity: 512
ICO is evil
March 26, 2014, 11:21:33 AM

Thanks.
March 26, 2014, 10:57:36 AM
@Herp
Disappointed you deleted Peter's post -- he raised some pertinent points.

It's pretty easy to see who the trolls are: not just length of tenure and number of posts but also the content of the posts esp the first 5 or ten (you don't have to be a psychologist to work it out).  

We are all annoyed with the troll-fest but if we start fighting among ourselves they win.

Lambert or pankkake are part of the troll account collection. He systematically troll spammed the Havelock thread. It's no secret account selling is allowed on this forum.

He posted some vitriol about Neo and some betting site link that discredits Neo. The betting sites are MPEx owner new found passion and guy has money to throw around from all the people he ripped off with those insanely high fees.

Him and others connected to MPEx spam campaign won't be allowed to post their vitriol in here.
Activity: 210
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
March 26, 2014, 10:50:46 AM
@Herp
Disappointed you deleted Peter's post -- he raised some pertinent points.

It's pretty easy to see who the trolls are: not just length of tenure and number of posts but also the content of the posts esp the first 5 or ten (you don't have to be a psychologist to work it out). 

We are all annoyed with the troll-fest but if we start fighting among ourselves they win.
Activity: 273
March 26, 2014, 09:34:35 AM
@nanoakron
the pressure is not so secret, in any country i'm afraid.
Yet i am more than certain that by the end of 2014, Bitcoin will be formally recognised in cyprus.
Activity: 252
March 26, 2014, 09:06:16 AM
Not sure how many have seen this recent news coming out of Denmark http://www.coindesk.com/denmark-declares-bitcoin-trades-tax-free/

It would seem UK set a taxation model for the EU http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/03/bitcoin-trades-uk-tax-digital-currency, which other countries such as Denmark are now following. This has very positive implications for Neo and we can expect Cyprus to copy the same model.

This is the thing with NEO - it only takes one country for it to explode into the public consciousness. Let's hope that country is Cyprus.

The only worry I have is that their bankers are under secret pressure from the ECB...
March 26, 2014, 08:27:52 AM
Not sure how many have seen this recent news coming out of Denmark http://www.coindesk.com/denmark-declares-bitcoin-trades-tax-free/

It would seem UK set a taxation model for the EU http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/03/bitcoin-trades-uk-tax-digital-currency, which other countries such as Denmark are now following. This has very positive implications for Neo and we can expect Cyprus to copy the same model.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 26, 2014, 08:15:43 AM
This thread is a little more civilised, so I'll ask the following questions:

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
2. Why will it not confirm and validate it's finances?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.

why not call neo & bee office and learn for your self if they left Cyprus. They are really helpful
+357 22020044

Thanks for the info thekekk. That's on SigmaTV right?

yes, live link for tonight
http://www.sigmatv.com/

Thanks for the info thekekk!
Herp, thanks for the new thread!

S.K.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
March 26, 2014, 06:56:49 AM
This thread is a little more civilised, so I'll ask the following questions:

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
2. Why will it not confirm and validate it's finances?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.

3. Danny had to deny a range of stupid troll accusations in this thread the other week, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5710145 ..... What would we rather Neo & Bee do, deny every troll accusation....or concentrate on the business?

yes, don't feed the trolls basically... the other thread has become a feeding ground...

I don't think discussion or updates from NEO on the bitcointalk forum to placate shareholders is going to help their business much.. "actions speak louder than words" comes to mind.

Speaking up here might have some kind of effect on the share price and this rather pathetic campaign to spread misinformation and dump the price down, but does that actually benefit them at this time? Will that help the longer term goals of the business? Better to let the business speak for itself, and the weird internet creatures will just look all the more ridiculous.

In the meantime, leave them alone, laugh (they are an interesting phenomena in my opinion), and try and profit from a lower share price if you believe that that is connected. If the business is successful... that is that and the volume of appreciation will reflect that, if it is not... then worrying about the trolling is also a waste of time, in fact they will just help you come to terms with reality quicker.

The fact that it has become so aggressive does potentially demonstrate the potential value that they hold these shares in. Especially with it coming after the new prospectus etc..

Pages:
Jump to: