Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 60. (Read 261789 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 28, 2014, 04:56:11 PM
really?  a volatility trigger? 
Activity: 294
March 28, 2014, 04:50:42 PM
hmmm, I am confident in that explanation.  You don't halt trading because people are trading.

I suspect someone's account was hacked, and shares were being transferred.

Actually halting trading is done often on stock exchanges. There are volatility triggers that halt trading.

https://usequities.nyx.com/markets/nyse-equities/circuit-breakers
March 28, 2014, 04:45:42 PM
hmmm, I am not confident in that explanation.  You don't halt trading because people are trading.

I suspect someone's account was hacked, and shares were being transferred.
March 28, 2014, 04:38:02 PM
+1 Thanks

This was probably a good move due to all the manipulation. Spamtroll manipulators had a field day recently while Neo was busy elsewhere.

When the cat's away, the mice will play.
Activity: 252
March 28, 2014, 04:37:24 PM
What's up with the trading halt on HL?

"March 28, 2014

Havelock Investments has been formally informed by the Pass-Through Fund Manager of NEOBEE that the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity. While Neo and Bee Ltd investigate the issue further they have strongly recommended that we halt trading and transfers.
Havelock Investments has halted the NEOBEE fund and is awaiting further instructions from the issuer."

From Neobee's page on Havelock.

Probably some naked shorting by some of the same spammers in the other thread, trying to scoop up some shares at a lower price.
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
March 28, 2014, 04:36:33 PM
+1 Thanks

Apologies for being the bearer of bad news Wink
March 28, 2014, 04:32:56 PM
+1 Thanks
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
March 28, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

"March 28, 2014

Havelock Investments has been formally informed by the Pass-Through Fund Manager of NEOBEE that the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity. While Neo and Bee Ltd investigate the issue further they have strongly recommended that we halt trading and transfers.
Havelock Investments has halted the NEOBEE fund and is awaiting further instructions from the issuer."

From Neobee's page on Havelock.
March 28, 2014, 04:27:55 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 04:23:10 PM
This asset is currently not available for trading #neobee
March 28, 2014, 03:08:18 PM
I took the liberty of translating the first half of the NEO interview on 60 minutes on Sigma. The second half is more or less a debate over Bitcoin itself. Sorrz for translation errors!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnrWN-_En4&feature=youtu.be

Very interesting. Thanks for taking the trouble to translate it.
Activity: 57
March 28, 2014, 02:00:44 PM
I took the liberty of translating the first half of the NEO interview on 60 minutes on Sigma. The second half is more or less a debate over Bitcoin itself. Sorrz for translation errors!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnrWN-_En4&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 28, 2014, 12:13:10 PM
UBS noted that even those who used bitcoin the currency for transactions would likely require banking services such as deposits and lending from traditional outlets. It predicted that in the face of this pressure, either bitcoin would fail, or a bitcoin bank would emerge....
Hmmm interesting Wink https://neo.ubs.com/share/research/uea58805/index.html?t=BEF4E367584C4B8FC9BFE1332E43FE326BCA19BABBB3B37A37232E43B7485E30B874CF1BC7459C5F2737CF2CD6E3802CBE8592EC3759CAE2232D1492C16D0A5FE0D26D1C819EF1F413D79970B8F3BD738A58D0C9A40B20995A4E6F8DE6247063BE7BA299B5760A87D13BAEDA01D447C038FC7AF5ED30527A700B9380B3D8C57276EF18BAE28BFDA2D63B0CE3FA8725C21A8D48DDE5F77F24B5CC08E3B26053ED8E3BD5CF86EA5D60312824AD7C3DCB3D38313D73EDC251793817F441E6516701
Activity: 14
March 28, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Further thoughts,

Shares of NEOBEE could also be traded on this exchange, the profit model on this would be purely bitcoin denominated, so the value of each share in bitcoin at 0.2% per trade.

This would conceivably bring more awareness to NEO & BEE payment system from otherwise oblivious investors in the bitcoin space.

I dunno, I'm just pumping ideas in here and hoping to generate real discussion instead of all of this trolling.

To Danny: go get em tiger!
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
March 28, 2014, 10:03:20 AM
As far as revenue goes, all they need to do is setup NeoXchange and that'll start bringing in serious funds. This shouldn't be all that difficult. It would be one of the first things on my list to setup actually.

Honestly, I'd hire a team pronto and then use AMANTONOP to make sure it functions properly.

That'll bring in constant money via trading fees, which will support basic operations and give them a firm footing in the rest of the bitcoin space. (people will see this exchange pop up and bring more credibility to neo & bee branding)

This would also allow them to start paying dividends to shareholders, on a model like this:

I'll use BTC-e as an example.

Each trade has a 0.2% fee attached to it, for each party. (In total, the exchange makes 0.4% on each trade)

If I'm buying BTC I pay a 0.2% fee of the total.
If I'm buying EUR I pay a 0.2% fee of the total.

So keep the euro's to pay for employee wages and electricity and all that junk.
The BTC balance, or some of it, can then be paid as a dividend.

Please respond if you think I'm incorrect, or there's something you'd add to my strategy.

Thanks!

Hey great minds, this is exactly what I have been thinking. Neo & Bee should be pushing to get this done asap its an all round win/win.
March 28, 2014, 09:55:16 AM
As far as revenue goes, all they need to do is setup NeoXchange and that'll start bringing in serious funds. This shouldn't be all that difficult. It would be one of the first things on my list to setup actually.

Honestly, I'd hire a team pronto and then use AMANTONOP to make sure it functions properly.

That'll bring in constant money via trading fees, which will support basic operations and give them a firm footing in the rest of the bitcoin space. (people will see this exchange pop up and bring more credibility to neo & bee branding)

This would also allow them to start paying dividends to shareholders, on a model like this:

I'll use BTC-e as an example.

Each trade has a 0.2% fee attached to it, for each party. (In total, the exchange makes 0.4% on each trade)

If I'm buying BTC I pay a 0.2% fee of the total.
If I'm buying EUR I pay a 0.2% fee of the total.

So keep the euro's to pay for employee wages and electricity and all that junk.
The BTC balance, or some of it, can then be paid as a dividend.

Please respond if you think I'm incorrect, or there's something you'd add to my strategy.

Thanks!
Activity: 512
ICO is evil
March 28, 2014, 09:03:32 AM

It's amazing how far they've come in such a short time, how many friends they've managed to make in Cyprus and the Bitcoin awareness they've brought to this place.

That is one thing I know for sure Danny is proud of, as he should be.  They are one of the few new firms actively spending money in Cyprus.  I haven't been to the Turkish side of the island, but from Nicosia, to Larnaca, to Pafos - there are Neo&Bee billboards everywhere. 

I'll admit, I still don't really understand their revenue model, and I personally believe they are missing an opportunity to trade more actively (they don't even have a ticker in their branch because they want to discourage speculation).  That said, if their play is really to become the most established brick and mortar bitcoin operation, they are off to a good start.  I think they believe that the price of bitcoin will come into some sort of equilibrium, at which point they will be able to act more like a normal money transmission company and collect fee income.  Like I said, I think there are revenue opportunities that they are missing out on, but, you can't doubt the marketing and awareness effort they have made.  The offices are slick and impressive, and there is a general feel of excitement there.   

There are three reasons I am not buying their shares:

First and foremost, I don't think I can.  I have a series 7, 3, and 63 licence.  I work for a major US broker dealer, and I have to disclose outside investments.  I think if I listed shares that I bought on a non-US compliant exchange in Panama I would get a lot of grief, if not actually in trouble.

As I said twice in this post, I don't really understand their revenue model.  I've read the prospectus, and I've actually gone to their offices and met with Danny and George, but I still don't really understand a simple path to profitability.  I am sure the stock will pop when they get regulatory approval from CySEC, but I don't understand their business model well enough.

Third, and finally, I don't have clarity to their pricing model.  Rather then mark BTC values to an exchange, they mark them to an internal model.  While I both like and trust Danny and George, I don't feel totally comfortable with the idea that they do this.  Not so much because I think they are doing anything wrong, I don't; but rather because it makes me afraid they will face much a more difficult regulatory reality while pricing to a model.  That being said, I do understand why they would do this... How do you price to an exchange level where your size is larger then the liquidity at the price?  You are almost forced to develop your own model of what kind of liquidity you actually have.  You have to build in slippage, commission if you are using private brokers for large transactions, market speed, and how your trades will push prices.  I get it, and I get why they can't publish their model either as it could lead to predatory trading against them.  It is however too much of a problem for me to wrap my head around because, frankly, I think that regulators are going to have a problem with mark to model. 

Anyway, my opinion doesn't really matter here, as, what matters is buyers and sellers.  Reason one pretty much precludes me from being involved anyway for now... but, two and three are things I wonder about.

Activity: 273
March 27, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
actually mr Panayotou seems to be quite informed on Bitcoin & crypto in general and he made a very good presentation of it at his opening comment,
where he actually said that satoshi managed to solve the biggest issue of electronic payment systems, double spending attacks.

The objections he posed show that he has a good understanding of it and are more like precautions rather than objections.
March 27, 2014, 06:17:59 PM
Too bad the trolls failed to drop the price any further
Wish granted
March 27, 2014, 05:35:52 PM
Just panic sell so we can fill the trolls orders already.
Pages:
Jump to: