Author

Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10 - page 286. (Read 241263 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Not sure if it has been posted here, but the NEO team was invited to Japan by Nomura Securities, Japan's biggest investment bank and brokerage firm. It's seen as the Goldman Sachs of Japan. This was the main purpose of their trip.

Next to this they also had meetings with KDDI, the second biggest telecom company in Japan, they have shown interest in NEO's technology.

They have had some legal meetings as well and finally they have had talks with 2 of the top 3 exchanges of Japan.

Good things are happening!
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
Do you produce Gas at a faster rate the longer you leave Neo in your wallet or does the rate stay the same?

The rate declines over time.

From the whitepaper (https://github.com/neo-project/neo/wiki/Whitepaper-1.1):

AntCoins are generated with every new block. The initial amount of ANC is zero while it will grow to 100 million after 22 years. The generation gap of every other block is 15 seconds, so it takes 1 year for 2 million blocks to generate.

In the first year (Block No. 0-No. 2,000,000), 8 ANC will be generated by every new block. In the second year (Block No. 2,000,000-No. 4,000,000), 7 ANC will be generated by every new block. With this pace of decrease (-1 ANC per year), in the 8th year, only 1 ANC will be generated by every new block. This 1-block-1-ANC pace will continue since then, till the 44,000,000th block in the 22nd year, fulfilling the 100 million total sum of ANC. ANC shall cease to be generated after that.

With this pace, 16% of the ANC will be created in the 1st year, 52% through the 4th year while 80% through the 12th year.

ANC will be written into the corresponding ANS addresses proportionally. ANS holders could claim these ANC to their ANS address anytime they wish to. For example, a shareholder who has 1% of all the ANS could acquire 8*0.01=0.08 ANC in every block of the 1st year, meaning 460.8 ANC everyday.

Edit: Forgot to mention, at some point there will be 'extra service charges' paid to (some? all?) NEO holders in GAS. Not sure when this will happen or how it will affect the overall math outlined above. Again from the whitepaper:

Extra Service Charge is the fee paid by AntCoins for advanced functionalities of the Antshares Blockchain. For the time being, extra service charge is required for Asset Creation and Registration for Bookkeeper Nominees. In the future, Altering, Writing-off and Freezing of Assets may require extra service charge.

Extra service charge will be written into the corresponding addresses of the Antshares proportionally in real-time. Antshares holders may claim the AntCoins registered in their names anytime they wish to.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Hello,
Today, i tried to make a transaction to get GAS in NEO wallet.
But the transaction is still not confirmed since 6 hours. Is it normal?
And i can't do anything just wait...
The wallet is synchronized.
Someone know what's the problem? Too many transactions in the blockchain?
Thanks.
Activity: 495
Merit: 500
Do you produce Gas at a faster rate the longer you leave Neo in your wallet or does the rate stay the same?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I Like ARK and of course, LTC. ARK has a great community of developers and a very strong core. 
Wtf. I excpected to fall to 0.07 and had set up my orders but it bounced back. Crazy day. Got arround 150 NEO today, hoped for 1.5k but what can I say..

General question - Why are prices always equated to bitcoin? I.E 0.07 yesterday isn't the same as 0.07 today because bitcoin has gone up around 5% . I always find it easier working with $ .. I know I paid $15 and now it's $35, especially with something that isn't backed by btc.
Im always curious about this as well. I think people may be used to comparing to the BTC price, although I agree its super confusing, especially for this project.

NEO = updated china ETH

Not quite. Forgetting about whether NEO's tech is 'better' or 'updated' or anything else (that's a separate argument), NEO's purpose is different from ETH's. NEO is essentially a share in a network, and its purpose is to generate 'dividends' in the form of GAS. GAS is what you need to use the blockchain, so really GAS is the closer analogue to ETH. Ultimately you'll need GAS to run a node, and you need NEO to make GAS.
Not divisable??!!!?!
I bought before this spike only to look into it after the spike.
Once i saw not devise-able , i decided to dump it all....

WHY is it not devise-able? who came up with this nonsense?!
What is the reason for this?

Because NEO are shares in the project, and shares aren't divisible (GAS are divisible). Have you never bought a share in a company in real life? You are seriously limiting your investment options if you are prejudiced against non-divisible assets.

I completely understand that theory, however when it says to only send WHOLE numbers to your Neo wallet on Bittrex, it confusing because it doesn't tell you to include gas. So sending 100 NEO's will only deliver 99.9 because at the end its 99.9 (Including gas) and they take away that .9. I lost a Neo because of it, thank god it was test

It has nothing to do with GAS...Bittrex charges a 0.1 NEO fee for withdrawal. They charge a fee for withdrawals of every asset, so nothing unique there. GAS is a separate asset and is not involved in NEO transactions on Bittrex or any other exchange. If you want to transfer 100 NEO, transfer 100.1 and you will end up with 100. Same thing with anything else; e.g., if you want to transfer 100 Ark, transfer 100.1 so that you will have 100 after the 0.1 Ark fee is deducted. Personally I do that with all transfers regardless since I don't like weird fractions in my wallets Smiley Edit: Bittrex pops up a warning window that specifically tells you that NEO is not divisible and you need to take this into account when transferring. Not sure about other exchanges.

Sidebar: if you want to hold NEO in an exchange and still earn GAS, use Binance. Otherwise, transfer to your own wallet.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Wtf. I excpected to fall to 0.07 and had set up my orders but it bounced back. Crazy day. Got arround 150 NEO today, hoped for 1.5k but what can I say..

General question - Why are prices always equated to bitcoin? I.E 0.07 yesterday isn't the same as 0.07 today because bitcoin has gone up around 5% . I always find it easier working with $ .. I know I paid $15 and now it's $35, especially with something that isn't backed by btc.
Im always curious about this as well. I think people may be used to comparing to the BTC price, although I agree its super confusing, especially for this project.

NEO = updated china ETH

So it is backed by BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

NEO = updated china ETH
Activity: 64

Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
Not divisable??!!!?!

Because NEO are shares in the project, and shares aren't divisible (GAS are divisible). Have you never bought a share in a company in real life? You are seriously limiting your investment options if you are prejudiced against non-divisible assets.

I completely understand that theory, however when it says to only send WHOLE numbers to your Neo wallet on Bittrex, it confusing because it doesn't tell you to include gas. So sending 100 NEO's will only deliver 99.9 because at the end its 99.9 (Including gas) and they take away that .9. I lost a Neo because of it, thank god it was test
Activity: 97

Activity: 97
I'm about 90% on selling all my ETH stock and switching to Neo.

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Activity: 39
So a Forbes article was posted about Neo and the expectation of its rise, but here is another major financial investment site touting neo and hinting the price will be higher than Ether. This tells you everything you need to know. So buy the coin, hold it for a while and enjoy your new Lambo. Stop selling everytime the coin fluctuates by $5-10. I know it seems like a lot now but it will be nothing in a few months, trust me. Good luck out there.

http://www.investopedia.com/news/china-new-ethereum-neo/
Activity: 29
I think that now as NEO entered the top 10. coins based on market cap it won't go back down. Also the volume of trades is insane. Yesterday I closely watched what was going on on Bittrex and seeing all those trades in live I also agree with everyone that said this is not whales pumping and dumping. I see it really gained the recognition I hoped for when it was Antshares. I also made a huge mistake selling when Ants dropped bellow 300k satoshi. I bought Neo again yesterday even though I made a "loss" with ants I'm a believer in this project Smiley

Go Neo take the red pill and jump over IOTA and Litecoin! You can do it, it's just two coins  Grin Grin Cool
Not divisable??!!!?!

Activity: 700
Merit: 330
The dump is over, now i got more coins for 0078.

Buy now if you can Wink

Thank me later

No, it is just a bounce back. It will reach maybe 0.01, then will fall back and settle there.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
But it looks like we are going back to 0.004-5.
brh

It's hard for Neo to go back to .004 level but if it does go that much down than i will surely be opening a new order.
Activity: 700
Merit: 330
Yeah, and now we fall to 0.009   Angry

Welcome to NEO bagholders. Grin Don't worry, in a year or two it surpasses $40 again...

HAHA, wow, you guys really need to understand this coin! It will pass $40 TODAY, if not by Monday or so.....but sure, a year or two, hahahaha, what are you talking about. It has a marketcap of a bit over $1B. Dunkin Donuts has a marketcap of over $5B. This is the new smart contract system for ALL OF CHINA. Hmmmmmm....maybe it should be worth one fifth of what Dunkin Donuts is worth. NO. HAHAHA...please....stop investing if you are going to complain b/c it goes down a few dollars.

Well... Let's see. It is below 800k now... Maybe it will bounce back to 1.2m, but I think it will drop to 500-600k and stop there.
Jump to: