Pages:
Author

Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC - page 2. (Read 18345 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
Phinn's silence on this thread is worrisome, but so is that of the InstaWallet ex-owners.  I understand that Phinn is not the only person with such claim.  Also, it is claimed that the ex-owners refunded themselves before the customers, which is the opposite of the established rule in legal liquidations.

Is there any post (in some other thread, on reddit, etc.) where they have responded to these claims?

EDIT: I see that the French language thread has 7 pages of discussion on this.  Could someone please provide a one-line summary of the ex-owners counterclaim?  (With my poor French, I think I understood that Davout denies that Phinn had those coins in IsntaWallet, is that it?)
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Well...

it's somehow funny, but ... to me, it looks like Phinn changed his mind to something like:
"mehh, who cares!? It's only 1130 BTC or ~680k USD, so why should I invest any more time to answer questions, only to get those peanuts back. I'm better off posting in other threads instead."
 Roll Eyes Wink

Maybe a healthy decision, who knows...

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Looks like davout is posting in the french section:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7268591

Here above is his first post I believe in that thread of many. Perhaps someone can translate and persuade him to come to this thread to discuss?

Seems like he is hiding out over there instead lol
He can mod and delete posts he doesn't like there. He can't here.

I created the french thread on this subject, and davout didn't moderate any post in it. This issue is nothing new for him, and it is like he doesn't care at all.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Looks like davout is posting in the french section:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7268591

Here above is his first post I believe in that thread of many. Perhaps someone can translate and persuade him to come to this thread to discuss?

Seems like he is hiding out over there instead lol
He can mod and delete posts he doesn't like there. He can't here.
legendary
Even after reading through the whole thread I still haven't seen any proof regarding all of this? I just finished the french thread and found nothing there either.. So I'm at a loss here?

Is there any real evidence that the Starter of this thread actually lost money to this "Davout" guy?

Plus offering a Robin Hood style reward after retrieving the money isn't going to help much, what's to stop whomever reads this from going in there and forcing Davout to give him the btc? Nothing...

You are right, there is no evidence at all. Phinn has to give a proof, or at least give so many details than "blockchain detectives" could find an evidence. If he doesn't have any proof, he must give up.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Even after reading through the whole thread I still haven't seen any proof regarding all of this? I just finished the french thread and found nothing there either.. So I'm at a loss here?

Is there any real evidence that the Starter of this thread actually lost money to this "Davout" guy?

Plus offering a Robin Hood style reward after retrieving the money isn't going to help much, what's to stop whomever reads this from going in there and forcing Davout to give him the btc? Nothing...
Hey Phinn,

I'm just curious,...

What about that list?!

Are you still on it?
Is this case solved?
Or is it a sign of capitulation, that you're not replying to this thread anymore (but had around a dozen other postings, the last days)?
This thread is running for 3 days now and phin didn't give the informations requested by the ones ready to help investigating. I begin to think this thread is going nowhere.

Maybe Phinn took my advice and takes a rest, calms down and is trying to write down whats needed.
If not, then you might be right with your assumption.
People willing to help can't sort this mess out, if there aren't all infos ... so without his help and the requested overview, we won't get far.

Activity: 490
Merit: 280
I don't seem to understand... I've read quite a few accusations against staff on this forum. How can staff here have been involved in illicit activities?
How is it possible they can't? Theymos can't possibly keep tabs on everyone's actions in his staff.

Sort of shows a corrupt system. You can't have the leaders of a community (in this case a forum) who are guilty of theft. If there's proof then that should suffice. Just seems daunting that people who you trust can just stab you in the back. They should be leading by example and should be here to make the forum a better place... Not actively involve themselves in the scams themselves!

Now I'm not saying they are all guilty. I'm sure most are perfectly honest. Just speaking hypothetically if all the rumours and accusations are true.

In this case the accused holds the proof himself so he's either innocent and failing to alleviate doubts regarding his guilt, or he's guilty and probably thinks he pulled off the perfect crime.
legendary
This thread is running for 3 days now and phin didn't give the informations requested by the ones ready to help investigating. I begin to think this thread is going nowhere.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I really hope that a bounty this large will lead to the recovery of your stolen coins. Good luck to you!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
So this must be largest bounty ever offered in history of BTCBTCBTC.I think it should be featured in major magazines. Good luck to OP

Since the bounty is contingent upon PG first receiving the money, it's not really that newsworthy in my opinion. Now if PG had set aside that much BTC in a trusted escrow account to pay out to the winner, then that would be something else!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Uh-oh, this thread needs some Round-Up.  The Stolfi weed is trying to infest. 

Better get Ignore!

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
I don't seem to understand... I've read quite a few accusations against staff on this forum. How can staff here have been involved in illicit activities?
How is it possible they can't? Theymos can't possibly keep tabs on everyone's actions in his staff.
Erm, how many thousand administrators are employed to keep the bitcointalk.org site running?
(There must be a few hundred working full-time on the avatar bug alone, I presume.)
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

Sort of shows a corrupt system. You can't have the leaders of a community (in this case a forum) who are guilty of theft. If there's proof then that should suffice. Just seems daunting that people who you trust can just stab you in the back. They should be leading by example and should be here to make the forum a better place... Not actively involve themselves in the scams themselves!

Now I'm not saying they are all guilty. I'm sure most are perfectly honest. Just speaking hypothetically if all the rumours and accusations are true.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
But now, we try to get facts, and find proof

You have facts.
But you aint gonna find any proof.

Its as simple as that Grin

It almost certainly is gone at this point. And now Davout et al can just go on ignoring.

Or maybe this mythical auditor will appear someday and everyone will live happily ever after.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
So this must be largest bounty ever offered in history of BTCBTCBTC.I think it should be featured in major magazines. Good luck to OP

The bounty is not doing to do much if there's no way to obtain more information about transactions.

Again, I'm not saying that Phinnaeus is lying here - just that without more information it's not possible to prove anything, neither on his or InstaWallet side.

Ask the NSA, they must have copies on file Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
But now, we try to get facts, and find proof

You have facts.
But you aint gonna find any proof.

Its as simple as that Grin
Pages:
Jump to: