Pages:
Author

Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC - page 8. (Read 18345 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I am a watable wat
Well if I was davout, I'd have a "buddy" negotiate this settlement pronto - settle for $50k, take the 400BTC reward.  Easy money! Grin

SOB! I didn't think of that, that he may use this thread now to his advantage, and still come out like a motherfuckin' bandit. Fuck me royal! The only thing I can say about this revelation is that he best have an anonymous pseudo-liaison (or is it pseudo-anonymous liaison?) person in place, otherwise I will get really pissed.

Do not settle for anything less than owed! Renege publicly right now and use the scenario above. All BTC not a single fucking satoshshi less. They are enjoying the value of your BTC. Personally, I would not wait. I would sue the them and go for max value in US dollars because you would have sold them at their peak, being the savvy investor that you are (hint hint). Use a US Court because they are notorious for awarding high damages. Your pain and suffering is worth BTC.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Wish he lived in the US I would be knocking on his door.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
It's been a long time i haven't seen a thread with so much action

Make sure you have enough popcorn for everybody, bud.  Grin
legendary
I will also request some things to Davout, I think I have a technical idea to get the truth.

I think Davout is honest and will collaborate if I find a way to get some proofs.

Based on what they said, and I hope finneas would find some details to help me find wallet and transaction logs.

If someone is lying, I hope to find wich one.
And if no one lie and we found the transactions, finneas should have is full refund and me my bounty.  Smiley

All I need to have is the two bitcoin wallet addresses associated with the two URLs and I'm pretty sure we can reconstruct this with no problems. But, here's the rub. David has control of said wallet addresses, and when I was first able to revisits all three URLs, none of the addresses were available for viewing. Once I brought said anomaly up, offering up proof of at least the lesser wallet, the address for the 0.835 BTC wallet mysterious appeared, but not for the other two. At that time, I presented three claims. Davout even claims to this day that I didn't even have a single claim on file. Well fuck me in the ass on that one, for I did such again in Oct., Nov. and Dec., but still no claims appeared on his end, so he claims.

The best I can make out is that davout is claiming that not only didn't I have three wallets, later reduced to only two (lucky me!), but I didn't even place any claims on said wallets not even once, and that this is some sort of ruse I devised from the onset of the "hack" making up the URLs (paraphrased, but that's the best I can ascertain trying to get into his head). Perhaps, he's trying to make me out as some sort of scammer, I don't know, but for some motherfuckin' reason that's how it's currently reading to me. I'm the bad guy, and every motherfuckin' thing they've done on their part is gospel, ergo they're Saints.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
I was well-aware of that fact, of which always begged the question why the switch...

Only speculating here : one plausible explanation is that Aqoba/Crédit Mutuel has been scared to death after the hack that :
- it was somehow easy to steal a substantial amount of bitcoin,
- there was nothing that could be done to recover them.

Scared. To. Death.

Only possible issue was to fully stop the partnership, which has be done very professionally in my opinion (I was a Bitcoin-Central customer and I fully recovered everything).

Then they had to start a new partnership, with a smaller/less fearful company (not really a bank, only a "payment service provider"). And completely redesign the exchange by removing even the presence of a "hot wallet".

+ a lot, thanks for putting some sanity into that thread  Smiley

we're currently looking at :

* an online wallet that used URLs to identify accounts
* said URLs listed by a search engine at some point (due to the hack or for some another reason, who knows) (nope, my bad)
* potentially the full URL database compromised due to the hack
* said database seized during the police investigation (as davout said in the logs above)

Basically an epic mess, which would likely have a better chance to get settled properly without threats and name calling IMHO.
Activity: 714
Merit: 661
Phinnaeus Gage, why don't you have any Tx Id that served to make the transfer to Paymium ?
Even partial information would help to find it in the blockchain, I can run a block scan for that if it can help.
If it is just that an privacy problem, pm me.
legendary
I think you take the issue by the wrong end.

You should try to find evidences. I know Davout a little bit, and attacking him won't turn is mind.

I'm pretty sure that if you have more consistant hint, you will be fully refunded.

I'm thinking.

In the irc quote you posted, maybe I spoted a way to found evidence.

I have to think more and will offer you and Davout a deal.

Will you help me help you both found evidence and be the one abble to intermediate between you both?

The onus should be on Davout to provide the means for an independent evaluation of Bruno's claims.

Why state you are going to have an auditor(or the originally intended auditors) and then either not actually have one, or have someone audit and then release absolutely no results?

Am I going crazy or is this not shady as fuck? I can't be the only one here who thinks this is ridiculous?

Either way I hope both Bruno and Davout take you up on your offer to help find evidence.

I'm not versed in such things, but I fear that so much time has passed that who knows what has been altered or not by now, that's why it was so imperative to know who the independent auditors (plural, according to Boussac, singular, according to davout, ergo one of them was lying) were ASAP at the time, with each passing day shit may happen.

~Bruno Kucinskas
legendary
I think you take the issue by the wrong end.

You should try to find evidences. I know Davout a little bit, and attacking him won't turn is mind.

I'm pretty sure that if you have more consistant hint, you will be fully refunded.

I'm thinking.

In the irc quote you posted, maybe I spoted a way to found evidence.

I have to think more and will offer you and Davout a deal.

Will you help me help you both found evidence and be the one abble to intermediate between you both?

My evidence is scant, since davout probably erased the info on the servers just like Lemon Way deleted "where can I get me some bitcoins?" tweet.

I suggest he pull that independent auditor outta his ass, and not one that he recently commissions.
legendary
I personnaly think that if phinneas have proof, he should start immediatly an action in justice. If he don't, we have nothing to know the truth.

If Phin knows the BTC are his AND other party knows the BTC are Phin's AND Phin knows other party knows AND there is no proof, what is Phin's recourse?

"Please, Phinn, please stop! You win!"
legendary
That deal is now off the table due to Lemon Way deleting their tweet(s) expressing interest in obtaining bitcoins three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack" because I now honestly believe they, too, are hiding shit.

You should know that at the time of the hack, the banking partner of Paymium was Aqoba, a subsidiary of "Crédit Mutuel", one the big french banks.  It is well documented everywhere.

Lemon Way came later, when they relaunched Bitcoin-Central (around Q4 of 2013)

I was well-aware of that fact, of which always begged the question why the switch, especially to an entity wasn't even able to obtain bitcoins on their own accord three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack", then a couple months later was acting as Bitcoin-Central's bank. Totally fucking amazing if you ask me. Almost as amazing as me stating to produce 14nm chips in some barn with goats doing the assembling after I tweet, "Where can I get me some of that sand used in making silicon wafers?"

Then, once I claim that I'm in production, I'll delete my tweet once I'm called out on not knowing what I'm doing, in spite of claiming to have highly trained goats on the payroll.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
I can insure you they are attached to paymium brand and have plans for it.
They are "leaders" in france in Bitcoin landscape.

Let's clear this out. Give me hints to find your transaction in the blockchain. (I have sent you a mail to dabitcoing...@...)

I will contact my lawyer, propose him a quarter of the bounty, and contact Davout to see if he is ok to help.
If everything seam good, lawyer will establish the contract for fund recovery in your behalf and will escrow.
If french justice have put the hand into this, we should find a way to read the reports of the case.

The only thing that bother me is if you are the lier, I will work for free.  Grin

I'd be interested to hear both Davout's and Bruno's response to this. Keep us updated please.

"If french justice have put the hand into this, we should find a way to read the reports of the case."

This is a big one. What if they refuse to give your lawyer the police report number?
legendary
lake lack of proof

Actually "lake of proof" is not far from "ocean of proof" which would be a valid English phrase (akin to "mountain of proof").  In this case it would have the opposite meaning to what you intend.

Fuck it! Let's settle on "lake of proof" as in either they need a slab of concrete for my ass, or I'll use to sink their leaking ship, with it doesn't matter what lake we opt to use.

~Bruno Kucinskas
legendary
Phinn:

It seems pretty clear that Davout (claims) to not have enough information for the balances you claim. I would think you have two options:

a) Provide Davout additional information about the deposits (tx id or deposit address) that funded your instawallet account.
b) Find a lawyer and take legal action.

If you cannot provide the additional information he requests, if the information does not help Davout or for some other reason he does not pay out, then your only option is legal action.

The option I favor is dragging Paymium, et al. name through the ringer, using the same washer they use to launder money. Fuck, I'll even use the same clothes line they use to hang them out to dry.

~Bruno Kucinskas
legendary
First I think both Phin and Davout are eminent bitcoiners and should get the credit/respect they desserve.

However, PG's claim isnt new. He was the only one claiming that those 1k+ BTC belong to him up to now and had put tremendous efforts and time to try to get it back since Instawallet went down. I know davout and PG arent besties but they should be reasonable enough to put an end to this whole story for the sake of Phin's health and Davout's businesses, at the very least.

Bury the axe, settle down and move on.

They way I understood it is that there is more than 40k BTC waiting to be refunded to Instawallet's users that can come up with some more proof, which may just be impossible to get. So if they dont, what will happen with those funds? Instawallet's owners will just keep it all?! That just doesnt sound right.

Dont make this case another Mtgox scandal which would harm Bitcoin in general (and especially in France since davout & folks represents it in here).

PG's reputation and efforts to denounce bitcoin heists & abuses in general should account for his sincereness and legitimacy in this whole drama.

Peace, luv... and bitcoins! Cheesy

Thanks kindly for the generous post, but I will not give up the leverage I have in regaining control of what was stolen from me. If a bigging scandal arises due to my efforts, so be it, for that's my serious attempt until justice, as I see, is at hand.

I draw a line in the sand right here, right now, to put a stop to these scamming bastards - to the best of my ability - starting with those still considered viable, namely Bitcoin-Central, of which, BTW, I've shown in the past that bitcoins were indeed funneled back and forth between it and InstaWallet prior to and after the "hack", something of which should never have been the case, especially when said coins were then immediately funneled back, then the process continued. Sound familiar? Mt Gox should come to mind.

I'm sure that Paymium is just dying to have their books scrutinized to show the world how such was done. I'm also sure that Paymium can't wait to show what other venerable Bitcoin-based entities they've been laundering moneys for. CS's BitInstant comes to mind, albeit not related to this fiasco, I don't believe.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
That being said, a friend of mine once said "I don't even trust my own asshole".
When I asked why he replied: "I had attempted to fart once, but instead I shit myself".

Oh gawd you killed me hahahahaha Grin
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Gavin Andresen (still have some trust for him)
FYI:

+1

That being said, a friend of mine once said "I don't even trust my own asshole".
When I asked why he replied: "I had attempted to fart once, but instead I shit myself".

legendary
I understand what you are saying with the first point but some people would still give him his money out of a sense of justice. Maybe not many people. But some.

With the second point. If his urls were leaked then there should be blockchain evidence of someone removing the 1000++ btc away from addresses that are controlled by instawallet. It sounds like the wallets related to this event have ~1300 btc in them if I'm understanding Bruno's posts correctly.

Has Davout posted evidence of the 1000 btc wallet having that btc moved from the wallet before instawallet was shut down?

For first step, requesting a thief to stole money and have a sense of justice is a bit unrealistic. So I guess Phinneas is not looking for a thief. But whitout proof, who will do something? (except thiefs?)

I think the issue is no one knows what is the wallet, no one has blockchain transaction ID, that's why nothing moves. If you read the irc log, you clearly see that Davout says he has tried to identify the wallet, has searched the blockchain, but there is no sign of this wallet. And having transaction ID would have helped, but there is no.

From my point of view, I don't see any proof anywhere. I have no reason to believe Davout has stolen BTC.

Yeah, it is unrealistic to assume someone is going to steal the btc. I was just addressing your hypothetical about the incentive for the person to give Bruno back his money rather than just keep it all for himself.

So after reading the chat log Davout claims that there is no address for two of the three that Bruno gave him. What was the point of having an audit if not to have the auditor as an impartial source do the searching themselves and make a statement reflected the lack of associated address. At this point it's just Davout's word saying there's nothing there versus Bruno's. For this amount of money there really should be an independent source confirming these things.

Regardless of whether Davout is guilty or he genuinely can not locate any funds related to any of the information given to him by Bruno, for Davout's own sake as a professional who obviously intends to continue his career in bitcoin, he should have these things confirmed independently. Personally, it would be my first priority to remove all doubt as to my involvement with Bruno's claim by having an audit. Otherwise you're only left with two possibilities, one being Davout being completely unable to find any link to Bruno's claimed funds, or an opportunistic theft where the evidence is completely controlled by Davout and there's no definitive way to determine guilt. Why make people wonder?

This is exactly what was asked of them directly after the "hack", but davout opted to withhold the name of any independent auditor for whatever fucked up reason, of which doesn't make sense. No motherfuckin' auditor is going to not want their good name out there, coupled with they know exact what to say and what not to say. Since no auditors were named, there simply weren't any, thus we've all been forced to take davout's word for ALL the events that happened, just like we were all forced to take Mark Kapeles' (David's friend) word for what was happening behind the scenes at Mt Gox. Guess what! Virtually none of Mark's words were true.

Now, I'm the one holding the key while I push these motherfuckers into a corner with few exits available to them. My biggest fear is that they're not that attached to Paymium, and am willing to let it go to the wayside, whereupon I hunt these fuckers down and attempt to destroy their next brand, along with any VC that funds them.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
It's been a long time i haven't seen a thread with so much action

legendary
i'm waiting for phinneaus to show up on -assets again, so i can pierce him a second butthole in front of everyone
HIRE SOME SERBS TO GET IT
Definitly made my day  Cheesy

Well, seems like a complex story with complex evidences.
Phinnaeus Gage , if those coins really belongs to you, I hope you'ill take them back and get davout recognized as a scammer.
If not, I hope davout will offer a counter bounty of 401 BTC to shut your mouth down for false accusations. ' Cause heh, reputation is everything in the small bitcoin ecosystem ..
Good luck to the truth teller among you guys  Wink

Reputation is everything, and I'm putting mine on the line with this quest, and at the same time destroying their venerable brand.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Pages:
Jump to: