Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 20. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 02:57:33 AM
first time ever diff is going down???
https://siamining.com/stats

Diff is supposed to go down to adjust to 10 min block time

I have no idea why hash rate would go down from 8400 to 7900. Bitmain testing batch 2?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I do electrical.
January 30, 2018, 02:54:20 AM
So I have a board at 75 degrees running 30% underclocked in a subzero air environment. I am desperately seeking firmware updates!

Why are you underclocking even though you're running in a sub-zero environment? Squeeze the max out of your A3 now before difficulty sky rockets.

Because running it underclocked is better than running it at 0? Chip temps on one board exceeded 100 degrees and the pcb was around 82 degrees. Auto shutoff occurred.
As much as I would like to run it into the ground, it has to actually function.
Most likely it is heatsinks not attached properly or something with airflow, as it seems board 3 is 15 degrees hotter than the other 2.
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
January 30, 2018, 02:34:18 AM
So I have a board at 75 degrees running 30% underclocked in a subzero air environment. I am desperately seeking firmware updates!

Why are you underclocking even though you're running in a sub-zero environment? Squeeze the max out of your A3 now before difficulty sky rockets.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I do electrical.
January 30, 2018, 02:07:30 AM
Activity: 22
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 02:00:04 AM
I think they have used the same D3 machine with a new controller to mine a different algo.

Does any one have Both A3 and D3 ? I wounder what will happen if you connect D3 hashboard with A3 controller.

Controllers and all observable software / firmware are identical. If they are the same miner the change was made at the ASIC / PIC bootloader level which will take quite a bit more work to figure out, let alone figure out how to move algos. It will likely not happen even if it is possible. This is coming from someone who has already torn their A3 apart software and hardware wise to find out.
Activity: 58
January 30, 2018, 01:51:18 AM
first time ever diff is going down???
https://siamining.com/stats
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
January 29, 2018, 09:26:48 PM
Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
These things are not home miners.
I have uncle who makes ideas for this. peoples who throw poop on man when he lies on dirt is worst peoples in world. uncle telling about you I think. I open support ticket to bitmain today for shipment  miner to repair. this is first attack to  bloodsuck devil bitmain. In miner box no miner. big horrible wet poop from shutefight anoos. ihave making special just for terrible hate at bitmain. you say bad person lies somehere else.
Dude....you got some serious issues. You're gonna end up in jail. What country do you live in? You're a train wreck.

Yep, too many carrots in his anoos already. Some of them apparently found the way and started pressing his brain.
Activity: 31
January 29, 2018, 09:25:28 PM
1.1k a day now. Goddamn when is it going to stop. It'll be 900 by tomorrow night at this rate.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
January 29, 2018, 09:08:09 PM
Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
I have uncle who makes ideas for this. peoples who throw poop on man when he lies on dirt is worst peoples in world. uncle telling about you I think. I open support ticket to bitmain today for shipment  miner to repair. this is first attack to  bloodsuck devil bitmain. In miner box no miner. big horrible wet poop from shutefight anoos. ihave making special just for terrible hate at bitmain. you say bad person lies somehere else.
Dude....you got some serious issues. You're gonna end up in jail. What country do you live in? You're a train wreck.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
January 29, 2018, 09:01:40 PM

Activity: 37
January 29, 2018, 09:00:03 PM
I think they have used the same D3 machine with a new controller to mine a different algo.

Does any one have Both A3 and D3 ? I wounder what will happen if you connect D3 hashboard with A3 controller.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 08:56:16 PM
Im still hoping that bitmain secretly made this chip capable of hashing another algo so we arent all gerning vend over the tavle as bad as it seems right now.. Down from $300usd when my miner arrived last weds, to sub-100 now.. gee.. Nice tactic bitmain Sad
Many people said that about the D3, they are still waiting.

Really dont understand why people buy these miners without doing research and then when daily returns drops to shat they say ...................I really really hope we can use these miners on another algo ? But in reality it just becomes an expensive heater. Bitmain does not change they flood whatever network they build miners for never thinking of their customer base. A3 was built to destroy competition which is what has happened and miners are helping them do this. American companies affected by the A3 include Obelisk and now DCRASIC. DCRASIC actually says they are afraid of a Bitmain attack which would cost them millions.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 29, 2018, 08:35:47 PM
Im still hoping that bitmain secretly made this chip capable of hashing another algo so we arent all gerning vend over the tavle as bad as it seems right now.. Down from $300usd when my miner arrived last weds, to sub-100 now.. gee.. Nice tactic bitmain Sad
Many people said that about the D3, they are still waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
January 29, 2018, 07:32:20 PM

I take it the chicken coop didnt have air conditioning ? lol

it caught fire ? you might want to have monitored the chip temperatures ... LOL

miner loud mean miner VERY HOT! Grin

"miner loud" means miner was running ("miner quiet" was miner without power cord)  Cheesy

@shutefight  I found that hard to believe as miner has temp sensor and AFAIK there is option to stop hashing if temp exceeds given value (at least my L3+ has this option).
Unless you turn it off (which I doubt you knew how to do it). But if that's true, reason is more likely a low quality cord.

I has more hard to believe than you. Fireguys come too late. head fireguys say I have 10 amp breaker and was oldwires and not strong. I make frequency on miner 800 so makes lost sia coin from quiet time. I learned this from famus picture guy vosk. he saying more high frequency more high sia coins to sell. this forum tries to help shutefight but shutefight breaks mirror 4 years ago. I has bad luck since then. now nothing else to lose so i will making war on evil devil place bitmain. i watch punisher movie over and over for ideas to bring terrible pain to bitmain.....

Any pics? Maybe there will be some good soul to donate you few coins. I doubt that but you can try.

But don't blame bitmain. It's completely your error.
1 - delivery without power cord is mentioned on their site (in the very first sentence).
2 - you was not aware what breaker you have nor the wiring ... there is plenty warnings all over the asic related threads about doublecheck exactly those things before you purchase any miner.

Also this has nothing the do with luck. Even the luckiest person in the world would not run it on 10A breaker for long time.

If you don't know how it works then do not invest in or ask experienced guy for assistance.  But it's to late, lesson learned.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
January 29, 2018, 07:29:55 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
January 29, 2018, 07:29:33 PM

Did you really expect 300 "a day" to last more than a few hours? These will be making 10 a day like all of bitmans S9's and L3's
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
January 29, 2018, 07:18:34 PM

"miner loud" means miner was running ("miner quiet" was miner without power cord)  Cheesy

@shutefight  I found that hard to believe as miner has temp sensor and AFAIK there is option to stop hashing if temp exceeds given value (at least my L3+ has this option).
Unless you turn it off (which I doubt you knew how to do it). But if that's true, reason is more likely a low quality cord.

I has more hard to believe than you. Fireguys come too late. head fireguys say I have 10 amp breaker and was oldwires and not strong. I make frequency on miner 800 so makes lost sia coin from quiet time. I learned this from famus picture guy vosk. he saying more high frequency more high sia coins to sell. this forum tries to help shutefight but shutefight breaks mirror 4 years ago. I has bad luck since then. now nothing else to lose so i will making war on evil devil place bitmain. i watch punisher movie over and over for ideas to bring terrible pain to bitmain.....
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
January 29, 2018, 06:29:52 PM

Activity: 83
January 29, 2018, 06:11:34 PM

Activity: 8
January 29, 2018, 06:11:17 PM
Looking for a bit of advice. My A3 antminer is only arriving tomorrow-the joys of living on the western edge of Europe!

Now the real pain is that I've found out today that bitmain only dispatched the Apw3++ psu today (despite numerous tickets requesting that both the psu and miner be shipped together). Anyway I'm looking at another 10 days or so before the psu arrives. Not great.

I have a Corsair HX1000i psu (i.e. 1000W) running on my ethereum rig. My question is, would it possible to use this psu on the antminer a3 and underclock the A3 until the Apw++ arrives? Any advice welcome!
Get a compatible PSU from Ebay/Marktplaats/Amazon and sell your new AWP3++ when it arrives?

Thanks, yeah the problem with that, where I'm based (Ireland), the quickest I can get a 1600W psu delivered from Amazon.co.uk is about 1 week. I can't find any suitable psu that I can pick up locally quickly

Gosh, thats bad.  I do have a few spare AWP++ if you're in Iceland that I could loan you

Thanks, it looks like there is good mining happening in Iceland. We have a bit of catching up to do in Ireland. Cheers for the offer but I wont be in Iceland soon
Pages:
Jump to: