Pages:
Author

Topic: New firmware for antminer S9 - less power consumption - page 12. (Read 25156 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Classic version 13,5Ths S9 - 3 of 6 has one missing boards after FW update
Controll boards are all Model Ctrl_C41 Version 1.20

Ive tried also one S9i 14THs and it works fine there but I didnt meassured the power consumption.

Did you make a back up? if so, you should be able to revert to that. If not, the prior firmware should be able to be installed.

I would not test it on the S9i - Bitmain has stated that the S9i version will be out later next week.
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
what version of S9? you did not put it on the S9i or S9j did you? and did you check your control board?

Classic version 13,5Ths S9 - 3 of 6 has one missing boards after FW update
Controll boards are all Model Ctrl_C41 Version 1.20

Ive tried also one S9i 14THs and it works fine there but I didnt meassured the power consumption.
legendary
Be aware of this firmware!

Many of mine S9 have 1 dead board just after flashing this firmware and Im not able to repair it.

If there is anybody with the same problem, please let me know...

Old firmware didnt help, its all 13,5ths versions.

what version of S9? you did not put it on the S9i or S9j did you? and did you check your control board?
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Be aware of this firmware!

Many of mine S9 have 1 dead board just after flashing this firmware and Im not able to repair it.

If there is anybody with the same problem, please let me know...

Old firmware didnt help, its all 13,5ths versions.
Activity: 33
Merit: 11
Just updated one circuit (4 S9s).  I have heavy duty smart switches with live wattage on my circuits and saw an immediate drop in wattage by about 13%.  Nice!

Hashrate looks to be unchanged.  I'm on Slushpool.
legendary
I have put this fw on 5 machines so far and have seen almost no difference in power or hash, im really confused how you guys are getting so much out of it and im not

don't feel bad - mine do not have the c5 board and all it did was to slow them down almost half a TH/s - but without a way to measure the power consumption, I am not sure if that would be more efficient for me or not. I need to find a way to measure the power usage. I have seen ones that fit right in the plug for some plugs but never for the plug style I have (L6-20P).
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
That's not a good hashrate for 750mhz unless this was a 13.5 unit but even then that is pretty low.

I know.  It was a 14TH unit, but the ONLY thing I did was play with the firmware, no voltage changes.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
These are newer 14th machines, they dont have the first gen control board.

have you checked the LPM and no difference ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
Just check out your control boards if C5.. that's why you have no difference from new fm.

These are newer 14th machines, they dont have the first gen control board.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
~ Fortuna Favet Fortibus ~
I have put this fw on 5 machines so far and have seen almost no difference in power or hash, im really confused how you guys are getting so much out of it and im not

Just check out your control boards if C5.. that's why you have no difference from new fm.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
All this is strange, this ASICBOOST just seems to disable the useless thing to the minor ... Moreover "the code" of the switch LPC is a code that speaks to me much as for the S7 ... I do not say more for the moment I continue my search tomorrow ...
legendary
how exactly do we turn the AsicBoost on/off? I set that LPM to be checked and my miners lost hash rate - dropped from 13.8 range to the 13.3 range. I do not have a way to measure power consumption though.

I then set the LPM to not be selected and miners increased back to 13.8 range.

Is the LPM selected going to give me a lower hash rate but at a higher efficiency so essentially more profitable?
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
Hi! I test that!

Batch 13.5Th

original at 668mhz (with my custom set) : 14.10Th ===> 1400W, 95/90/90 degree
LPC: 14.10Th (at 668mhz)                                     ===> 1220W, 88/85/85 degree

All in the same place, on the same pool, and at the same fan speed (fixed)

For me the test is conclusive! that said, the ASICBOOST is contained in the BMMINER (to my avi) because it is suprimer when the replace bmminer ...

little flaw = the overall hashrate seems to increase ... it seems that many S9 have re-booting lol
legendary
≡v≡
if you have the C5 boards on your Antminer the firmware is not compatible with your machine    Undecided Undecided Undecided

https://i.imgur.com/tCeP9pc.jpg

so, my results are just the same as yesterday  Cry Cry Cry

this from early batches
too bad, I've got some of them too
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
if you have the C5 boards on your Antminer the firmware is not compatible with your machine    Undecided Undecided Undecided

so, my results are just the same as yesterday  Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Been there already :

https://puu.sh/BPk13/ee13a2108a.png

Unit pulled 1405 watts at that setting with the new firmware.  Obviously it clocks fine, but other things must be changed to achive the full speed.  Of course, power efficiency is not as good.

That's not a good hashrate for 750mhz unless this was a 13.5 unit but even then that is pretty low.
legendary
≡v≡
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
I thought ASIC BOOST was supposed to give increased pool side hash rate?

Depends it may simply keep hash flat and drop power 10-15%
Pages:
Jump to: