Pages:
Author

Topic: New firmware for antminer S9 - less power consumption - page 6. (Read 25156 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 3
I've been running Oct 23rd firmware on S9is (178 units) for a week now. It works just as good as for s9
hash rate drops similarly power savings are also similar
Activity: 27
Merit: 4
no this is for the S9 only  not the S9i S9j

The update is very small.. as in it just adds the AsicBoost feature. You can upgrade S9i as well. I confirm it works, I don't own an S9j but I assume it's the same.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Does this update include S9i and S9j?

no this is for the S9 only  not the S9i S9j
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
looks like there is a chance they fixed it

[...]

Does this update include S9i and S9j?
Activity: 126
Merit: 20

[...]

Thanks!! Let's give it a whirl!!
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
my miner change the ip after every restart. so how awesome miner will connect it

Set a static IP for it at the router.
Activity: 9
I fixed this issue using AwesomeMiner (paid software) and created a rule to restart the miner if these 2 conditions were met:

-Lower than 13.3TH/s AVG (for 13.5 s9) and lower than 13.8TH/s AVG (for 14th S9)
-More than 500 Accepted shares (so the miner has time to warm up and reach stable avg speed, or else the software restarts the miner prematurely)

my miner change the ip after every restart. so how awesome miner will connect it
Activity: 66
Merit: 3

Antminer-S9-LPM-20181102.tar.gz    1. 不支持C5控制板
2. 可以降低矿机功耗
3. 条件不满足时自动以常规模式运行,此时功耗为正常功耗
4. 有少量矿机可能升级后会出现算力低,不稳定等现象,请重新刷新回原版固件
5. 修复部分BUG

1. Not support C5 control board.
2. Reduce power consumption.
3. Automatically abort the upgrade if the criterion is not met.
4. Please revert to the previous version if the miner is not stable after upgrade.
5. Fix the known bug
That's actually a very good idea but it's not really fixing anything. You're still running bad firmware.
Activity: 27
Merit: 4
I fixed this issue using AwesomeMiner (paid software) and created a rule to restart the miner if these 2 conditions were met:

-Lower than 13.3TH/s AVG (for 13.5 s9) and lower than 13.8TH/s AVG (for 14th S9)
-More than 500 Accepted shares (so the miner has time to warm up and reach stable avg speed, or else the software restarts the miner prematurely)
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
they are aware of this issue
there will be an update soon
we can do nothing about it just wait
when i was using it, the hash rate still decreased whether LPM was checked or not.

Agreed. I wish others would start notifying Bitmain Customer support. They are acting like they don't know there is a problem.
legendary
if you wanna ged rid of decreasing hashrate just disable asicboost in webinterface. no need to downgrade

when i was using it, the hash rate still decreased whether LPM was checked or not.
Activity: 10
Merit: 6
Would you do this by unchecking "low power mode" in the Miner Config/General settings tab?

Upgraded to the new FW and over the course of a week have seen a decrease of 8-10% in hash rate.. and it is still decreasing.

Activity: 386
Merit: 18
if you wanna ged rid of decreasing hashrate just disable asicboost in webinterface. no need to downgrade
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
You can also try a "hard reset" with the paper clip in the hole "reset button" and reset to factory settings. Of course, then you'll be on Ant pool Solo and will have to change all your primary, secondary and tertiary pools. Then if it's not already the version on your factory reset, you can re flash the Nov version.

Except I had issues on several machines upgraded to 1023 where the reset button (and the IP Reporter approach) were not working.  The button was simply ignored.
You can also try a "hard reset" with the paper clip in the hole "reset button" and reset to factory settings. Of course, then you'll be on Ant pool Solo and will have to change all your primary, secondary and tertiary pools. Then if it's not already the version on your factory reset, you can re flash the Nov version.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
I have tried to flash the old Nov 2017 firmware 3 separate times....but the new firmware is still on my S9.  Can't seem to get the old firmware to install.  Fortunately I only installed the new on fewer than 10 of my S9s but would like to change them back until this decreasing hashrate issue is resolved.

Anyone have an idea what I might be missing/doing wrong?

Downloaded the file from Bitmain, click on system" tab, then "upgrade", then "choose file" (the old firmware file shows in the "file chosen" box), and then I click "flash image".  S9 appears to act like it is flashing but when it is available same new firmware image is still there!!

Thanks

I've not had problems going back to the May or November releases.  Might want to try the May 2017 release (Fixed fequency), then roll forward to November presuming that is what you were running.
legendary
yep that is the Nov FW - not sure why your other ones will not flash back. I did on the update on half a dozen and converted all back with no issues.
Activity: 2
This is from one of the S9s that was not upgraded.  All my remaining miners have this firmware version.

Code:
Antminer S9
Hostname antMiner
Model GNU/Linux
Hardware Version 16.8.1.3
Kernel Version Linux 3.14.0-xilinx-ge8a2f71-dirty #82 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 16 19:49:53 CST 2017
File System Version Fri Nov 17 17:37:49 CST 2017
Logic Version S9_V2.54
BMminer Version 2.0.0
Uptime 27
Load Average 0.15, 0.28, 0.25
Pages:
Jump to: