Pages:
Author

Topic: New GLBSE.com for FPGA mining investment - FPGAMINING - page 3. (Read 11632 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
It's simple. Some people want to sell now, so they sell for 0.5 BTC, and some people are willing to wait, so they buy those shares cheap and make a nice profit in the end.

Where does the nice profit come from for those people who are buying?

When moparguy buys them back over time.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
It's simple. Some people want to sell now, so they sell for 0.5 BTC, and some people are willing to wait, so they buy those shares cheap and make a nice profit in the end.

Where does the nice profit come from for those people who are buying?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
buyback?  no way!
https://glbse.com/api/quantity_trading/FPGAMINING

I've just checked it again, amount of shares trading declined to 4063 from 4113. Did moparguy528 liquidate 50shares?

P.S. 20hours ago someone bought ~170shares to the ask side again, price went up from 0.45 till 0.5. Does that look like a buyback?  Huh
Activity: 62
Could we move this thread to securities somehow?

For me this is hurting way worse than Pirate : (
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Trolling? Stating the bloody obvious might well be considered trolling on a forum where it's a race to be the first with a plausible scam accusation for any asset. Getting called a sockpuppet by a guy who didn't know about motions is kind of funny to, guess his WoW trading experience qualifies him to launch scam accusations.

As to the well laid out list of questions earlier, had a very busy week but will reply to them in detail later. In brief the ASICMINER thread has the most intelligent discussion I've seen about why the prices on GLBSE are being pushed down and the BAKEWELL asset is one example of shares being offered below the IPO price when, as far as I know, the only shares sold have been at IPO price.

you mean this post and the rest afterwards...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1214984

never thought about that - in brief  - price might be dropping for a OK-asset if a scammer is buying it (or acquiring via share swaps) and then selling the good share for btc to go out and run....

Makes perfect sense and the real scammers wash their hands while fucking legit issuers... and their investors....

We need a defense against this ....

Probably assets with good PR and in-time news from the issuer will be immune to these dumps and it will be actually cheap entry points for trusting investors...

After all if the scammer is dumping low - its good for us when the asset is trustworthy....

got it ?

I just don't understand -are you suggesting a scammer might want to "wash" his profits by buying and selling shares? The BTC you withdraw at the end will be exactly the same random coins from the GLBSE portfolio.

Besides, we can clearly see the number of shares increasing week after week, so we know he was selling more shares, and he admitted having sold them at an average price about 0.8BTC, which means the latest were much lower...so searching for an explaination involving OBSI.HRPT is kinda like argiung a man could have died of heart attack when ther's a knife struck into his heart!
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

First of all we need a defense against assets issuers who run with their investors' money breaching their contracts.
Activity: 86
Trolling? Stating the bloody obvious might well be considered trolling on a forum where it's a race to be the first with a plausible scam accusation for any asset. Getting called a sockpuppet by a guy who didn't know about motions is kind of funny to, guess his WoW trading experience qualifies him to launch scam accusations.

As to the well laid out list of questions earlier, had a very busy week but will reply to them in detail later. In brief the ASICMINER thread has the most intelligent discussion I've seen about why the prices on GLBSE are being pushed down and the BAKEWELL asset is one example of shares being offered below the IPO price when, as far as I know, the only shares sold have been at IPO price.

you mean this post and the rest afterwards...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1214984

never thought about that - in brief  - price might be dropping for a OK-asset if a scammer is buying it (or acquiring via share swaps) and then selling the good share for btc to go out and run....

Makes perfect sense and the real scammers wash their hands while fucking legit issuers... and their investors....

Probably assets with good PR and in-time news from the issuer will be immune to these dumps and it will be actually cheap entry points for trusting investors...

After all if the scammer is dumping low - its good for us when the asset is trustworthy....

got it ?

...I'd be very surprised if it wasn't more cost effective for you to keep the hardware bought with our money and decide we are to give you a fairly low interest and indefinitly long term loan. But how about using that motion feature for what it was intended for once, and check wether it is ok for us too?
(disclaimer: I'd probably vote yes, provided you first lay a more detailed repayment plan. Answering Audriux9's questions, at least 2 and 4, might be a good start)

First of all investors would like to know full disclosure of what hardware has been bought with investors funds and mining profits, which were not distributed to investors. If I recall correctly, moparguy528 stated that, he had some of his own hardware before raising funds.

Moreover liquidity of moparguy528 seems a bit questionable at this point of a time. He is going to repay from his own cash Huh and mining profits. Assuming he has 70Ghash/s of mining hardware that gives us very roughly 1400BTC until reward halves, and then probably ASICs will take over the market so payout of those 70Ghash/s will diminish to roughly around 40btc per month. To cover all of the ~3000BTC will require pretty large amount of additional personal funds. Long time awaits for unlucky investors to be paid.

apparently stan.distortion's trolling was successful in taking the attention away from this.

But it seems we don't have to worry, since... well, if he's buying back at under 0.5, the total could be much less than 3000; so he might do it in reasonable time. It sure makes sense from his point of view. Not much from ours...
Someone just bought shares up to ~0.49. Moparguy, is that you?
So you are buying back  at market price, with your personal account (since "number of traded shares" is still 4113)?

If this is the case, I advise everyone to put asks only at 0.8BTC.

73 shares were bought to the ask wall during the last 24h as I write, actually during the last 8 hours. Before that shares were sold to the bid wall (somebody lost faith for buyback).

what do you mean Francesco by saying "since number of traded shares is still 4113"? When did you check that number last time (despite recent days)?

I had checked some hours before.
(still 4113 now)
So you are buying back  at market price, with your personal account (since "number of traded shares" is still 4113)?

73 shares were bought to the ask wall during the last 24h as I write, actually during the last 8 hours. Before that shares were sold to the bid wall (somebody lost faith for buyback).

what do you mean Francesco by saying "since number of traded shares is still 4113"? When did you check that number last time (despite recent days)?

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
so why not

legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
I just opened a scam accusation thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fpgamining-scam-ongoing-112969

Anyone interested is invited to participate.
legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
I'm an investor

You are just a sock puppet, and failing at it.

I'd been in moparguy's shoes I'd have told everyone to get screwed after the BS he's been receiving.

Then you must never have been involved in any business, and you should continue to do so.
You cannot just take people's money and run. That is called theft, and that is what I am now going to call in scam accusations.

[B/S] FPGAMINING paid a very good dividend which has since dropped to a good dividend and now, because of the scam accusations, it wont be paying anything so it's not moparguy I'm pissed off with.

So because someone accused him to be a scammer, he felt obliged to prove that the accusation is true?!
Strange logic. Tell that to the Bitcoin police.
Activity: 86
I wonder if the "shares paid" rising was actually caused by moparguy buying with his own glbse account ?

Takin from one pocket and putting into the other.... but moving the number of shares in circulation up...

That would not move the price if done fast and nobody seees the blip... in teh oredr book.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
bitcoinAdd.net
Most shares were bought initially between 0.75-0.83

Is this true? I currently own 68 shares, with an average price of 0.87 per share.
But if you are willing to buy them for .83, it's ok for me.
No, I chose to misunderstand you because your claiming to speak for investors, I'm an investor and I'm damn sure your not speaking for me. I'm not happy with the situation either but if I'd been in moparguy's shoes I'd have told everyone to get screwed after the BS he's been receiving. Currently there are 2 other threads for GLBSE investments that contain exactly the same BS for exactly the same reason, someone running a bot on GLBSE has dropped the prices of many assets and the asset issuers are being targeted with scam accusations because of this. FPGAMINING paid a very good dividend which has since dropped to a good dividend and now, because of the scam accusations, it wont be paying anything so it's not moparguy I'm pissed off with.

I maintain communication with several big investors of FPGAMINING, also with member intel-core-i7, who was the only one contacted personally by moparguy528 after turbulence started. However I have no intention at all to speak for investors. I am only asking logical questions in order to provide more considerations for discussion in this thread and possibly to find rational solutions or at least rational suggestions to current problems.

Let me ask you several questions.
1. What do you call BS here? Who is BS'ting and how?
2. "Someone running a bot on GLBSE has dropped prices of many assets" Do you know any smart explanation why would anyone run a bot at a loss in order to drop prices? In which way could that be done without incurring losses? (Many assets lost its value, but there were reasons for that, e.g. permanent difficulty growth, late due diligence, ASICs -  knocking mining market doors and others)

However very few assets dropped significantly like FPGAMINING (e.g. OBSI.HRPT price halved because of heavily reduced dividends).

According to this:
Also, although the IPO was at 1.0, very very few were sold at that level. I am one of the few people that invested at that price level via my investment acct. Most shares were bought initially between 0.75-0.83. They may have traded less than that though.

One could assume that price downward pressure from steady levels was partially caused  by moparguy528 issuing new shares at 0.75-0.83 levels.

3. If you look at some of the biggest operators like Gigavps, they have received much more harsh accusations, and they handled it properly, without terminating dividend payments and suspending mining operation. Why would someone have to cancel contract and stop paying dividends because of scam accusations?

4. What do you think about transparency of FPGAMINING operation? How do you measure uncertainty and suspicious activity, and how do you incorporate that into risk by managing your investment?

5. Are investors allowed to ask/know information about their investment? Don't you think if moparguy528 answered those questions in time, no panic would have incurred with FPGAMINING?

p.s. Disclaimer: Personally, I am not accusing anyone scamming or defrauding, I am just discussing in this PUBLIC thread in order to know more about current situation and/or to discover optimal solution to FPGAMINING future. In addition, I do not intend to be offensive and do not wish confront offensive responses from others, without logical reasoning.
Who are you to say all investors? Please don't include me in that statement.

Sorry, missed comma Embarrassed, beginning of my post should look like that:

First of all, investors...

Or did I misunderstand what you meant?
Pages:
Jump to: