Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 103. (Read 149453 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 08, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
Captain, I have no hard feelings buddy. The only one I have hard feelings here is AMT because I paid $6,000 in 2013 and nothing to show for it but a bunch of broken parts which keep getting returned to me.

Maybe you should send it again.

This will just highlight the absurdity of how you are being treated as a customer.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 08, 2014, 05:05:19 PM
Yes, I have totally been fallowing the drama / AMT thread. I guess what I was trying to say is would you rather have them take back your fucked up machines and replace them with other fucked up machines of the same type or see what your other options are for getting a more stable machine or whatever your choice may be.

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, in fact now, after thinking about it I can't believe I even said anything based on AMT's long history of never fallowing through with anything. But it does appear they are making an attempt to get things back on track. I guess we will all see what happens as this thing plays itself out.

I certainly didn't mean to offend you. I apologize if I did. I totally feel for you, They are into me for three of them and I am way lower number than you.

So why is it only now that they are making an effort? 

The Consumer Affairs folks were already communicating with them and the best they could do was ship us non-working miners.

The Lawsuit was filled almost about a month ago however it was only 2 weeks ago that they decided to ink a deal with Technobit.

There seems to be a high level of cluelessness here in that AMT seems to think that shipping electronics straight out of their assembly plant doesn't require some level of testing and rework.

There seems also like they are unaware of all the consumer protection laws that exist in the U.S.    You can pull this stunt off in other countries,  but in the U.S.?   I mean if they set shop in Bulgaria, they might have a chance to get away with it.   

The irony in that statement is....if you look at some of the foreign companies like bitmain and spondoolies, they don't have many legal obligations to provide stellar service....they just do. Because they know its far more money in the long term. Repeat business.  We have these laws and companies try to pull that crap here. Now its biting them in the ass in a huge way.

All I want are those terms to know if I accept the settlement terms or not. And if what they said about those terms are valid. They keep pulling this childish crap where they say one thing and do nor deliver. I expect that behavior from my 6 year old.....not grown adults running a corporation.
May 08, 2014, 05:00:01 PM

My mistake. I guess they were talking to Frictionless but you were also in the quote. Told you it probably wouldn't help Smiley

snip

Yes, I have totally been fallowing the drama / AMT thread. I guess what I was trying to say is would you rather have them take back your fucked up machines and replace them with other fucked up machines of the same type or see what your other options are for getting a more stable machine or whatever your choice may be.

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, in fact now, after thinking about it I can't believe I even said anything based on AMT's long history of never fallowing through with anything. But it does appear they are making an attempt to get things back on track. I guess we will all see what happens as this thing plays itself out.

I certainly didn't mean to offend you. I apologize if I did. I totally feel for you, They are into me for three of them and I am way lower number than you.

captain, you are not wrong in what you are saying. They certainly should be offering us something else. Its like getting a shitty car returning it only to get another shitty car. They should be willing to financially compensate us back or buy a competitors hardware for the equal amount of money that we spent with them. This is a more than fair offer.....

OTOH, now we are stuck waiting for other designs that may or may not work. BUT considering the legal pressure they are under, it would be stupid of them to screw this up. This would create a crapload of problems for them and potentially become a contempt of court issue.....not to mention open the door to other legal problems as well.

It's 4:56PM EST.....still not a peep from AMT on things. We are still waiting.
plp
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
May 08, 2014, 04:58:21 PM
Well,  has everyone signed up yet with the lawyers yet?

Here are the details:

http://www.chimicles.com/lawsuit-filed-against-advanced-mining-technology-for-failure-to-deliver-bitcoin-miners

Give them a call: 
Kimberly Donaldson Smith
Phone: 610-642-8500

Try to figure out what the status is.

My take in all this,  AMT fortunately doesn't appear to be a complete scam.

Nevertheless, they have failed miserably in providing poor customer relations and non working products.

Can they be charged for 'Federal Wire Fraud'? If they refuse to refund customers, then without a doubt.

Can they declare bankruptcy?  I doubt it. 

Just called them a little while ago they said we are all involved in the class action law suite and if you want to file for a individual lawsuit you can also do this .

Looks Like I am going to file a small claims lawsuit against them I am tired of emailing these pricks I just want my $ back ..

If any one has done a small claims already please let me know . thanks
legendary
May 08, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

So why is it only now that they are making an effort? 

The Consumer Affairs folks were already communicating with them and the best they could do was ship us non-working miners.

The Lawsuit was filled almost about a month ago however it was only 2 weeks ago that they decided to ink a deal with Technobit.

There seems to be a high level of cluelessness here in that AMT seems to think that shipping electronics straight out of their assembly plant doesn't require some level of testing and rework.

There seems also like they are unaware of all the consumer protection laws that exist in the U.S.    You can pull this stunt off in other countries,  but in the U.S.?   I mean if they set shop in Bulgaria, they might have a chance to get away with it.   
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
May 08, 2014, 04:43:21 PM
Since they are sending me back the miner, I will have my technical guys look at it again. For some reason only half the boards work.  In order to make it easier on us, I will try to just ask for the parts I need if that is a possibility. The RasPi works, its just only half the boards work. Either its the cables or the backplane that was damaged in shipping.  I will just not worry about the case if I can get it to hash at 1.2Th/s with support. Thank You.

Okay, keep me us up to date with you return process.  I got a 48lb brick in my basement that needs to be sent out.   I don't want to have the trouble of it being shipped and being bounced around several times to a non-accepting location.

AMT.... what address is best place to send RMA equipment.  Is the FEDEX location the best?

Carlos,

Hold on to your miner for a bit and we'll let you in the near future of how to RMA it alright.

My mistake. I guess they were talking to Frictionless but you were also in the quote. Told you it probably wouldn't help Smiley

Captain, the problem was when they told Frictionless coin, my miner had already shipped to them. They told me to RMA it, but there was no one in the PA office to accept it.  This was April 11th mind you... No problem...

legendary
May 08, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Well,  has everyone signed up yet with the lawyers yet?

Here are the details:

http://www.chimicles.com/lawsuit-filed-against-advanced-mining-technology-for-failure-to-deliver-bitcoin-miners

Give them a call: 
Kimberly Donaldson Smith
Phone: 610-642-8500

Try to figure out what the status is.

My take in all this,  AMT fortunately doesn't appear to be a complete scam.

Nevertheless, they have failed miserably in providing poor customer relations and non working products.

Can they be charged for 'Federal Wire Fraud'? If they refuse to refund customers, then without a doubt.

Can they declare bankruptcy?  I doubt it. 
May 08, 2014, 04:30:17 PM
Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.

I found AMT's business plan. They need patient customers:

Quote from: Mahatma_Gandhi
If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time.

Be patient, AMT will get to you...somewhere around the end of time.

Speaking of movies, did you ever see the move "YOU GOT SERVED!", it looks like we GOT SERVED!

nah. Its just small moves, the big moves still haven't even happened yet. And the "game" is not over yet. We are all expecting something, we can collectively reject the settlement offer if what they offer is not acceptable. All we need to do is contact the plaintiff legal team and inform them we are rejecting it. I tried being nice I had hoped this situation would lead to results. I even did my best to help them keep the community on track in this thread. I still think that is important as we need results not useless conjecture. And those of us in the situation can best discuss our options as we know our situations best than those who have no financial stake in this. I wanted to hope AMT could turn this around I was even trying to be helpful in addressing some issues but at the end of the day its on them to fix this mess and make things right. We still dont know anything which is what they said would happen today.

I am tired of the little token actions and just want conclusive and solid results. I expect to get what was agreed to in every aspect and in good and working order. That vindictive ship it broken petty shit is not acceptable the non-receipt when RMA is also not acceptable. With electronics it is a reasonable expectation to have QA testing done before its shipped and proper shipping done. Shit even Chinese companies do this and they legally don't have to.....bitmain had some issues with shipping their S2's but have been quickly replacing and addressing those concerns as they happen. I am impressed by that. They earned my business because they are not messing around. They shipped my S2 today. When they said they would. Key point. They don't dick around. They want people to come back.

Right now we are having the bitcoin version of Miner Wars or Return Of The Miner...maybe we need another one. The Customer Strikes Back.
May 08, 2014, 04:22:24 PM
Since they are sending me back the miner, I will have my technical guys look at it again. For some reason only half the boards work.  In order to make it easier on us, I will try to just ask for the parts I need if that is a possibility. The RasPi works, its just only half the boards work. Either its the cables or the backplane that was damaged in shipping.  I will just not worry about the case if I can get it to hash at 1.2Th/s with support. Thank You.

Okay, keep me us up to date with you return process.  I got a 48lb brick in my basement that needs to be sent out.   I don't want to have the trouble of it being shipped and being bounced around several times to a non-accepting location.

AMT.... what address is best place to send RMA equipment.  Is the FEDEX location the best?

Carlos,

Hold on to your miner for a bit and we'll let you in the near future of how to RMA it alright.

May 08, 2014, 04:12:33 PM
Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.

heh...good one. I prefer to be diplomatic which involves lots of patience....and I tolerate some level of dickery from a corporation....some.....but they are playing with our money. People had plans with the miners they were supposed to get (on time and on the level). Instead we got firecrackers and heavy silicon bricks. AMT is not responding to anyone at this point it appears and have given "proposals" with vague details and have not kept their word once on delivery of either the legal offer OR systems or anything for that matter. And on top of that passing off the blame on customers....not a good move. While for a while they have been good to me initially with support (which didnt fix the problems anyway), they stopped once things got hard to handle, meaning after the miner systematically failed. I only had a single miner working out of 2 and even now I only have one partially working with the wonder of when not if it will fail. They claim to be providing an option for us to get replacement hardware, but for the headaches and hassles. What are we getting to compensate? Still waiting to hear back about that. An update would be good today.
May 08, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
Hi Mrpark,
I know this doesn't help but I think somewhere back a ways AMT asked you to hold your machine till they got things worked out. They might have even offered to come pick it up personally but I don't have the time to go back and look for the quote.

My guess, and mind you this is only a guess from reading between the lines because we are never offered enough info to know WTF is going on, but my guess is when they confirm there options you will be sent an offer along with the rest of us to choose which way you would like to proceed forward.

Again, my guess is the technobit boards are for people that want option 1, an amt 1.2 machine and option 2 is a bulk purchase from another unidentified supplier that is sympathetic to AMT plight or just doesn't like the black eye companies like these are giving the bitcoin community.

Of coarse I could be totally off base. just my thoughts
May 08, 2014, 03:56:35 PM
FedEx returns the broken miner.

That could actually be the title of a movie....

The Return Of The Broken Miner....But this story has no happy ending yet. Seems like the only happy endings happen in Thai massage parlors.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 08, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
May 08, 2014, 03:53:09 PM
Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

Don't blame AMT for this mess, blame the coincraft A1's.

I'd be willing to put money down on Opieum being an AMT shill or employee. He's like a full blown supporter and AMT optimist, with a slight hint of negativity just to make everyone buy the fact that he isn't involved.

It's almost as if Joshua created another handle just to interact with customers, as a customer - but the real agenda is to push this story about how "AMT was wronged by their manufacturers and are working their hardest to resolve the issue" and "let's stay positive folks!".

No you retard....I am not. If I had to guess you might also be an alt account for clenell considering how he similarly spams my inbox with the same accusations. I just know how these things go. I have been involved as a technical consultant in class action cases far larger than this. So I know realistically how this is going to play out. You are just a troll who is coming on here and saying shit you have no idea about. And the fact that I already laid out what potentially what would be acceptable terms for me at least (which is not in AMT's benefit), hard to accuse me of being a shill. But I am not going to also go and say stupid crap to piss them off. I would rather be diplomatic and work to get results than just shoot my mouth off.

Again why are you here? I asked you 3 times and you have not been able to answer the question once! you have no investment in this....are you just here to spout off dumb shit? Is that the ONLY argument you can make to a reasonable comment? That I am a shill? No I explained in another thread to loshia no less why I am doing things the way I am. Go look for it and read it. Contribute something useful to this discussion or just go away. You come on here pretty hostile and just rile people up. A provocateur. How do we know you arent AMT just getting people riled up on purpose so they can claim abuse? That happens. Cops do it to demonstrators all the time get in the crowd of protesters and do just the right thing to get the police beating the shit out of people. Since you offer nothing but insults and useless comments thats the only conclusion anyone can come to about you......offer something of actual use or go away. The thread does fine until you start jumping in and shooting your idiot mouth off.

back to ignore you go.

Gee, I wonder why Clennel is upset... Oh wait, that's right! He got ripped off by AMT.

I'm just waiting for the day when you come to the realization that you are in the same boat. Continue on with your wishful thinking and epically long unreadable posts

Gee wilikers wilbur Ims guessing you cants read too good if you cants read mah long ass posts.....there I am speaking your language now moron. Again nothing useful....
FYI He isn't posting because his lawyer told him not to....also he spammed me almost daily with retarded insults. I have already reported him to an admin and it appears the PMs have stopped for now. I am still betting you are clenell tho. You type very similar. And again you still havent answered my question....WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE TO BE HERE? If you cant answer those two questions to anyones satisfaction then yes you are a troll and just here spouting off nonsense...my reason is to keep this thread on topic because noone else has stepped up to do it. I want us the customers to get results. And something favorable. This thread is a source of documentation for us to get those results. People like you who just talk shit are disruptive to that process....so again...for the 5th time WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE IN BEING HERE?

I doubt anyone is hanging on the edge of their seat for your long non-stop posts. Consolidate your posts and shut the fuck up.  
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
May 08, 2014, 03:50:13 PM
Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

I'd be willing to put money down on Opieum being an AMT shill or employee. He's like a full blown supporter and AMT optimist, with a slight hint of negativity just to make everyone buy the fact that he isn't involved.

It's almost as if Joshua created another handle just to interact with customers, as a customer - but the real agenda is to push this story about how "AMT was wronged by their manufacturers and are working their hardest to resolve the issue" and "let's stay positive folks!".

No you retard....I am not. If I had to guess you might also be an alt account for clenell considering how he similarly spams my inbox with the same accusations. I just know how these things go. I have been involved as a technical consultant in class action cases far larger than this. So I know realistically how this is going to play out. You are just a troll who is coming on here and saying shit you have no idea about. And the fact that I already laid out what potentially what would be acceptable terms for me at least (which is not in AMT's benefit), hard to accuse me of being a shill. But I am not going to also go and say stupid crap to piss them off. I would rather be diplomatic and work to get results than just shoot my mouth off.

Again why are you here? I asked you 3 times and you have not been able to answer the question once! you have no investment in this....are you just here to spout off dumb shit? Is that the ONLY argument you can make to a reasonable comment? That I am a shill? No I explained in another thread to loshia no less why I am doing things the way I am. Go look for it and read it. Contribute something useful to this discussion or just go away. You come on here pretty hostile and just rile people up. A provocateur. How do we know you arent AMT just getting people riled up on purpose so they can claim abuse? That happens. Cops do it to demonstrators all the time get in the crowd of protesters and do just the right thing to get the police beating the shit out of people. Since you offer nothing but insults and useless comments thats the only conclusion anyone can come to about you......offer something of actual use or go away. The thread does fine until you start jumping in and shooting your idiot mouth off.

back to ignore you go.

Gee, I wonder why Clennel is upset... Oh wait, that's right! He got ripped off by AMT.

I'm just waiting for the day when you come to the realization that you are in the same boat. Continue on with your wishful thinking and epically long unreadable posts

Gee wilikers wilbur Ims guessing you cants read too good if you cants read mah long ass posts.....there I am speaking your language now moron. Again nothing useful....
FYI He isn't posting because his lawyer told him not to....also he spammed me almost daily with retarded insults. I have already reported him to an admin and it appears the PMs have stopped for now. I am still betting you are clenell tho. You type very similar. And again you still havent answered my question....WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE TO BE HERE? If you cant answer those two questions to anyones satisfaction then yes you are a troll and just here spouting off nonsense...my reason is to keep this thread on topic because noone else has stepped up to do it. I want us the customers to get results. And something favorable. This thread is a source of documentation for us to get those results. People like you who just talk shit are disruptive to that process....so again...for the 5th time WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE IN BEING HERE?
Blah blah blah...This is like watching a train wreck.

Apparently you don't seem to know what IGNORE means. Less threats, more of you hitting the ignore button.
May 08, 2014, 03:47:31 PM
So long as you documenting it all. Which you are. They are kinda digging themselves deeper by not doing simple things like this. I am wondering about why they are not accepting back anything....this is yet another concern. I have considered sending my stuff back but considering your experience I am dreading it until I get some kind of assurance this will not be an issue. It would be nice to know what is going on as we are nearing the end of the day with again no more communication. Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 08, 2014, 03:35:11 PM
Again, Please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable.

Considering the circumstances you have every right to have them arrange a pick up for the miner from FEDEX at their expense. You may want to also make this request via email as well to make sure its documented there as well. I already am kinda pissed because I am hearing the same wait till line. I was expecting the options and terms of compensation and all that this morning.

If we get to RMA this stuff ok fine....if they just shipping us new miners outright so we can toss the junk out that would be ok too. But I presume they gonna want the miners back for RMA purposes and to persue their own case against the assembly plant that screwed them. At this point tho only thing that matters is getting those miners and proper compensation for this whole headache (Days of Our Lives drama) that should have been a simple transaction.

Well, AMT_Miners told me here that they would come pick it up for my office, a week came and went of me calling and emailing them everday to have FedEx pick it up. They never did anything, did not call for a pickup. I don't think they really cared, me RMAing my miner was my problem as far as they were concerned. So, after a week of emailing and calling they finally send me their FedEx number (I suggested this after waiting a week with no FedEx pickup), I lugged it to the FedEx and sent it to them myself. The thanks I got for that was them not even bothering to pick it up. Then they turned around and said on the forum that it was all my fault it didn't get sent back for a week. (I have proof otherwise) It's just one slap in the face after another with these guys.
May 08, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

back to ignore you go.

May 08, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
Again, Please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable.

Considering the circumstances you have every right to have them arrange a pick up for the miner from FEDEX at their expense. You may want to also make this request via email as well to make sure its documented there as well. I already am kinda pissed because I am hearing the same wait till line. I was expecting the options and terms of compensation and all that this morning.

If we get to RMA this stuff ok fine....if they just shipping us new miners outright so we can toss the junk out that would be ok too. But I presume they gonna want the miners back for RMA purposes and to persue their own case against the assembly plant that screwed them. At this point tho only thing that matters is getting those miners and proper compensation for this whole headache (Days of Our Lives drama) that should have been a simple transaction.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 08, 2014, 03:10:38 PM
Again, AMT please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" from the office would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged. It is also not safe to turn it on because of the issue with the chips going up in smoke.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP or an instant refund of $6,000, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable. Enough is enough.

You also said you would post an update here today "early morning", it is now past 3PM. I am not keeping quiet while continue to break every promise you made as you have been doing since 2013.

Jump to: