Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 105. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 08, 2014, 10:25:42 AM
I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

Spondoolies SP10  -  1.4THs  -  $3,495 (One month delivery)
Antminer S2          -  1   THs -  $2,599 (Pre-order, May 8th Delivery)
Cointerra IV           - 1.6 THs -  $3,500 (In Stock, Immediate delivery)

Okay,  so what again is AMT promising for the $6,000 we've paid for?

We still waiting on that. They were told "first thing in the morning". All said and done its a process the lawyers are working through. The lawyers need to decide if we are getting due compensation. And hopefully the class lawyers understand bitcoin mining well enough to understand the ROI and comp issues. If they read the MPP they should get a decent idea and force some kind of compensation over the 1.2Ths. if not collectively speaking we can reject the offer and make sure we get an appropriate and fair offer instead. We all want what is fair we waited a long time some longer than others but all with the promise of the MPP. That and faulty hardware and all sorts of other complications people went through its important that they reestablish their credibility as a business by making this right in every way possible.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 08, 2014, 10:04:44 AM
I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

Spondoolies SP10  -  1.4THs  -  $3,495 (One month delivery)
Antminer S2          -  1   THs -  $2,599 (Pre-order, May 8th Delivery)
Cointerra IV           - 1.6 THs -  $3,500 (In Stock, Immediate delivery)

Okay,  so what again is AMT promising for the $6,000 we've paid for?
May 08, 2014, 09:56:28 AM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 08, 2014, 09:33:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
May 08, 2014, 12:47:21 AM
Okey dokely.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
May 08, 2014, 12:09:54 AM
Guys, still waiting on legal, we got a "first thing in the morning" at 6pm today. Sincere apologies.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
May 07, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

I would stop again but the pregnant lady quit the job...and I don't think your wife wants to deal with your customers..she is probably trying to move away from your mess that you created!

huh? 0.o

He removed his quotes that I was replying to:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're Advanced Mining Technologies and we're located in Haverford, PA.

We design, build, assemble and ship Asic miners. We've worked with Bitfury, Avalon, and now the coincraft A1 chip for our terrahash miners.

We accept most forms of payment. Local pickup is an option for sure.  We're real and when you call the office someone usually picks up.

Below are some key factors that separate us from most other asic manufacturers.

1. We've actually shipped miners and have been doing so since November 2013.
2. We speak to our customers directly and we are trying to improve our customer service everyday.
3. You can find our products on Amazon and buy them with a credit card.
4. We're American and proud to build our miners in America and not China.
5. We deliver on time if the situation is in our immediate control.
6. We take checks, and all forms of checks too, even personal.
7. We offer customer support for guys that are just starting in the mining industry.
8. Our hardware is built to be upgradable, you can add more GH/s to each of our machines accept the 80ghs (as of now).
9. We're in this for the long haul and we've filed with the IRS.
10. We don't mine.

We are working very hard, and we're usually over tired and kinda out there, but your free to come see us at our administrative office anytime you'd like. We are located at:

355 lancaster Ave, Bldg E1, Haverford, PA 19041.  

If your coming from  downtown Philly or I95, take 476 to cityline ave and then after a few miles make a right on Lancaster.

To newbies:  There are a lot of scams out there, please take your time and evaluate each seller/company/manufacturer before buying. Even if the deal seems great or the buying opportunity seems to be limited.

There are a few decent companies in America, and a few decent companies in Europe that actually sell, build and ship miners, but most foreign companies are  complete scams.

Update coming soon:
legendary
May 07, 2014, 10:56:20 PM
Looks like Bitmine now has a 2.4 THs system.  Requires *cough* 3,000watts

Here it is:  http://bitmine.ch/coincraft-rig-updates-now-production/   a new board design
Beats the 3.6kw my 9 s1's take for total of 1.7TH...

The name of the game now is energy efficiency and performance. Honestly the S2s for the price dont do too bad. NOt great...but not bad. THe spondoolies would be even better.....but if you are a home miner expect a hair dryer like sound coming from that thing....Those were made solidly for datacenters.

But S1s as nice and reliable as they are no longer AS efficient powerwise. Bitmines blog pic is a bit misleading. We dont have any information on how long its been running and such. There are key points they left out of the cgminer window.....when it was started and the other important data....like the hashrate of each card and errors and such. They could technically just edit out things like the pool info or other info that would be identifiable. Considering their track record also I am a bit doubtful until they post a full screenshot of that. That is the first time I have seen a screenshot cropped like that for a cgminer stat.
Ja. My S1 pharm is still pulling in $36 per block at todays rate - after electric cost. Today our pool popped 4 blocks (good Luck on all 4 usually do ~2 a day) and with DGM, very happy here Smiley So still well worth the load. I'll soon move it to our plant where the electric is 1/2 my home cost of 15 cents/kWh. Oh, and of course the S1's have a eco-modes of 160, 140, & 120GH/s. Running @120 the power draw is 1/3 of the load when running @ 190GH so not a bad trade off for later.

Love that BM's 2.4TH has a real server PSU with very nice looking buss-bar system. Structurally, I wonder how the cards are held in place. The heatsinks bolted to the bottom of the case would be great.

But - for power eff gotta say BFL's new chip is amazing @0.55w/GH when running at 1TH. That's 550w for the math impared... https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/386-monarch-update-30-april-2014.html Now they just gotta get them out the door...
May 07, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

Here it is:  http://bitmine.ch/coincraft-rig-updates-now-production/   a new board design
Beats the 3.6kw my 9 s1's take for total of 1.7TH...

The name of the game now is energy efficiency and performance. Honestly the S2s for the price dont do too bad. NOt great...but not bad. THe spondoolies would be even better.....but if you are a home miner expect a hair dryer like sound coming from that thing....Those were made solidly for datacenters.

But S1s as nice and reliable as they are no longer AS efficient powerwise. Bitmines blog pic is a bit misleading. We dont have any information on how long its been running and such. There are key points they left out of the cgminer window.....when it was started and the other important data....like the hashrate of each card and errors and such. They could technically just edit out things like the pool info or other info that would be identifiable. Considering their track record also I am a bit doubtful until they post a full screenshot of that. That is the first time I have seen a screenshot cropped like that for a cgminer stat.
legendary
May 07, 2014, 10:32:50 PM

Beats the 3.6kw the 9 s1's in my Ant pharm take for total of 1.7TH...
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
May 07, 2014, 10:31:47 PM
That's true. I didn't think of that. I hope we can get them soon.
May 07, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

I would stop again but the pregnant lady quit the job...and I don't think your wife wants to deal with your customers..she is probably trying to move away from your mess that you created!

huh? 0.o
May 07, 2014, 10:28:09 PM
If option one is those older model miners everyone has been having problems with.....just consider what you would be getting. So far as far as anyone knows noone has gotten a working miner that has hashed at 100 percent of its advertised rate. You MIGHT be better off waiting for the technobit solution as its a proven design. Just a thought.
Activity: 40
May 07, 2014, 10:15:58 PM
AMT can I really expect my miner this week if I opted for option 1?
Activity: 64
May 07, 2014, 09:49:23 PM
plp
Activity: 39
May 07, 2014, 08:52:45 PM
I am going to sue AMT My self at a small claims court I am sick of emailing them 2 to 3 times a day and get no response .. getting my non working boards sent back to me . Because  they cant pick them up . Clearly every thing they say is a fuckin lie ..
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 07, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

Ain't it odd that AMT has been advertising a 2.4 THs and promised that it'll ship on April 1st.   How the is that even possible?

Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
May 07, 2014, 07:10:16 PM
I'm sure their lawyers have closed up shop for the day, my guess is we'll get some info early tomorrow... or never.
May 07, 2014, 06:16:50 PM
It's 5PM so where is this update you speak of?

I dont know. But they did say they would post it. Im waiting for it too just like you.
Activity: 102
May 07, 2014, 05:54:33 PM
It's 5PM so where is this update you speak of?
Its only 12:54am at the time of writing in Bulgaria...
Jump to: