Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 84. (Read 149453 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
May 21, 2014, 06:36:29 PM
When I run the commands I am expecting to see some kind of error that states why that the card failed or something to that effect. I will look at the i2cset documentation directly and see if I can parse some info before I try anything further. Least knowing the safe ranges gives me a spot to work with and see if I can get the card back up. Assuming thats even possible.
Got a 'scope or better yet data analyzer so you can see if there is data moving around? Many scopes over that last few years can even specifically trigger on SPI & iC2 events to look at the data packets.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 21, 2014, 06:16:30 PM
Well I am down to 2 working cards. The 3 I have had were running fine for a couple weeks just fine without any messing around.....then poof one dropped dead. Hoping this is just something to do with voltages.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 21, 2014, 05:11:54 PM
Nice! I just ordered some more s2 antminers. For the price I am quite happy with them. They work well.

Yes! they are very good miners too! I guess if we took a pole here it might be 50/50. I just figured I would put it out there. I paid more for my first round then 2nd round. Finally I am getting somewhere with this mining stuff! I have to be aggressive since I lost so much time already!!! I may look at antminer when they come out with a 5-10Th/s to compare pricing.
May 21, 2014, 04:56:07 PM
Nice! I just ordered some more s2 antminers. For the price I am quite happy with them. They work well.
Activity: 364
May 21, 2014, 04:47:16 PM
I guess I will try to plug my broken AMT miner in again just for fun. Sorry guys I been busy with working miners Smiley But I now have 7Th/s of hosted miner power with spondoolies, getting them for under 3k a piece now.

my affiliate link: https://spondoolies.refersion.com/c/c91a5

Then try:

special offer $300 off our in-stock SP10 Dawson use coupon TY7263NKAMIT, limited to 50 orders

I bought 3 more today, and got $900 off.

Shipping might also be free, not sure? Try it and see. They seem to have them in stock.

P.S. Full disclosure they are loud, 70db each, so might not work in a small place if you host yourself.
May 21, 2014, 04:45:15 PM
When I run the commands I am expecting to see some kind of error that states why that the card failed or something to that effect. I will look at the i2cset documentation directly and see if I can parse some info before I try anything further. Least knowing the safe ranges gives me a spot to work with and see if I can get the card back up. Assuming thats even possible.
May 21, 2014, 04:03:57 PM
legendary
May 21, 2014, 03:22:11 PM
Re-found another thermal management company I had forgotten about http://www.thermacore.com/default.aspx
Ta boot, they are located in Lancaster PA..
May 21, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
Ahh yea thats what I thought. I was not 100 percent on it. Ok I will try that. Thanks.
Activity: 588
May 21, 2014, 02:24:20 PM
May 21, 2014, 10:41:05 AM
We'll get back to the other technical questions a bit later today.

Thanks looking forward to it.
Activity: 392
May 21, 2014, 10:32:10 AM
We'll get back to the other technical questions a bit later today.
Activity: 392
May 21, 2014, 10:12:37 AM
how come you havent updated the prices on your website

i believe everything on the sit front end has to stay "as is " but the back end they can update or add to the site i.e forums but for the legal purpose they cant "alter" the existing information

No that's incorrect. They made some cosmetic changes to the website just a couple days ago so the website is not locked down. As I had stated before, for lawsuit discovery purposes you would just make a copy of the website which would suffice and that is what would be submitted in the court case.

AMT not updating their website is just AMT being AMT.

Chuckle. No we're updating it all together, changing direction and strategy as you'll see. for the moment we're kind of just leaving at as it until everything is finished, a day or two tops.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
May 21, 2014, 09:44:16 AM

i believe everything on the sit front end has to stay "as is " but the back end they can update or add to the site i.e forums but for the legal purpose they cant "alter" the existing information

No that's incorrect. They made some cosmetic changes to the website just a couple days ago so the website is not locked down. As I had stated before, for lawsuit discovery purposes you would just make a copy of the website which would suffice and that is what would be submitted in the court case.

AMT not updating their website is just AMT being AMT.
May 21, 2014, 09:43:19 AM
I don't get it,  why is the program called I2Cset when the chipset doesn't use I2C but rather SPI?

I believe there is an i2c to SPI bridge, which would explain the need for both and why they are both detected.
I am still understanding those aspects a bit more as I am finding I need the information to make potentially bring the boards back to life.

http://www.i2cchip.com/mix_spi_i2c.html is one resource (of many I found)

The good news is that it might be possible to bring the cards back provided I can find the right command to bring them back. The AMT-setup dpot command (in my previous post) do not appear to work at all as they are coming up with an invalid value. That just means it doesn't work. I am reading through the AMT script to understand the issue.

As you can see in the above I get [OK] Error: Data value invalid! is a sign that the code might not be correct. OR something else is wrong. Hopefully AMT can clear this particular piece up.
The card on the chain is found so that's positive. BUT the command to set it is invalid (bad). I know at this point I have 7 cards that are potentially zombiefiable (new word to add to webster dictionary), I have 3 working cards (not messing with that) and 1 totally dead card that will prevent any sort of power up (need to check it for shorts)

On the hardware side I tried something based on ISAWHIM's mention of the potential board short from the PCB touching the metal cage. I taped up the edges where the cards contact the metal I had hoped on a long shot that might actually bring up a card or two, but no dice Sad

That said least now that is a potential issue that is mitigated. I think the boards COULD be brought back with software. Maybe not all but some of them. The fact that the i2cset commands was not actually taking because the value was invalid would be a good reason why this happened. I am currently testing now with AMT's default firmware before I move on to the porting process (which I have partially done). I figure it might be best doing it with what is already available before reinventing the wheel. If I get the cards back up then I will proceed with the next steps of porting over to the new firmware.

I think there is progress tho seeing as the cards are detected but nonfucntional at this point. Hopefully not beyond the point of recovery.

EDIT: To add I am working on the i2cset commands to do all this manually if I have to (not something I recommend to anyone not experienced in this sort of thing), and seeing how the script interacts with that. If I can manually do this bypassing the script I will modify the existing scripts to issue the correct commands and add comments in the scripts for proper use. Its fairly trivial to add the usage part.  That might actually get the hardware working. While the progress is slow (in my opinion) its progress that's happening. My time is limited so I really only put in a couple hours a day on this at most.
Activity: 588
May 21, 2014, 08:20:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 21, 2014, 06:11:51 AM
I don't get it,  why is the program called I2Cset when the chipset doesn't use I2C but rather SPI?
Activity: 252
May 21, 2014, 01:47:13 AM
legendary
May 21, 2014, 12:21:04 AM
No idea there but have to ask, is the I2C only for setting core voltages or does it serve other functions as well? They aren't passing the hashing data over it as well are they?

More to the point, need a current schematic of at least the regulator stage from AMT (Listening AMT_Miners?) The Bitmine reference board uses a fixed value set by resistors (as do Ants - been reading up on undervolting them ergo...)

The A1 regulator should be able to be hard wired to start at any voltage we want by changing a resistor value and still be programmable. Anyone got a part number on the regulator chip? Most likely starts with LTCxxx

Makes for nice safe starting and would allow a more stand-alone kinda operation if we can find a sweet spot vs clock speed. Again - need a current schem.
May 20, 2014, 11:43:34 PM
Pages:
Jump to: