Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 4. (Read 120837 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
how does the weights work?
i tried to set to weightedroundrobin..
i have the weighted time to 60, im guessing thats minutes?

then i set up 2 pools, with priority 0? and i put them 30/30 for weights? i want to mine on them each the same.

but nothing happens..

if your weighted time in total is 60 - then you can look at it as being 60mins ...

if the pools roundrobin time is setup as 30 - then that will mean that each pool will connect ( in turn from first to second and back - unless a stratum proxy restart / reset is done ) every 30mins ...

if it doesnt - then there is a setup issue - a connection ( to the pools ) issue - or a typo / setup problem in the conf ...

an easy way of informing us - is showing us ... what does your setup look like ( the conf ) ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
how does the weights work?
i tried to set to weightedroundrobin..
i have the weighted time to 60, im guessing thats minutes?

then i set up 2 pools, with priority 0? and i put them 30/30 for weights? i want to mine on them each the same.

but nothing happens..
I'm trying to point my S9's at NiceHash for SHA256 mining. Unfortunately I'm seeing a large percentage of rejects (around 30%). Most of the rejects seem to be duplicate shares:

Code:
2016-11-07 08:26:41,291 INFO     [Pool-NiceHash-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - REJECTED share (diff: 32768.0) from [email protected] on NiceHash. Booo !!!!. Error: JsonRpcError [code_=22, message=Duplicate share., traceback=null]
2016-11-07 08:26:45,510 INFO     [Pool-NiceHash-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - REJECTED share (diff: 32768.0) from [email protected] on NiceHash. Booo !!!!. Error: JsonRpcError [code_=22, message=Duplicate share., traceback=null]

I tried to work around this by enabling and disabling extranonce and by setting a reasonable minimum difficulty. I also tried both syntaxes for specifying the extranonce to NiceHash (i.e. adding "#xnsub" and "/#xnsub" to the URL).

I've also tried a single worker behind the proxy, in case the issue is related to multiple workers.

Nothing I change seems to help.

When I point the S9s directly at NiceHash, they work fine with almost no rejects. But of course that defeats the purpose of a proxy.

Any recommendations for getting this proxy to work with NiceHash?

i have been using this proxy for a long time now with the nicehash system ...

i have not had any real issues - except for the idle disconnection issues which has been fixed ...

though the proxy works - it has never been tested with any asic miner ...

what is the s9 - scrypt? ... sha256d? ...

which port are you mining on? ... how long are you mining for? ... are these errors immediate or after sometime? ...

these are some of things i think will answer the issues ... at least i hope Wink ...

#crysx

was there a fix for the idle disconnection issue?

yup ...

it turned out that it was not from the stratum proxy at all - it was the nicehash stratums banning the ip for 10mins at a time ( or longer if you stay connected ) for having no miner through the open connection ...

only way you can get around that is to connect and disconnect the miner when idle ...

or - get whitelisted on the nicehash list ... the will whitelist your ip - only if you have a good reason to have the connections active there all the time ...

otherwise the stratum just puts you on the ban list ...

#crysx
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I'm trying to point my S9's at NiceHash for SHA256 mining. Unfortunately I'm seeing a large percentage of rejects (around 30%). Most of the rejects seem to be duplicate shares:

Code:
2016-11-07 08:26:41,291 INFO     [Pool-NiceHash-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - REJECTED share (diff: 32768.0) from [email protected] on NiceHash. Booo !!!!. Error: JsonRpcError [code_=22, message=Duplicate share., traceback=null]
2016-11-07 08:26:45,510 INFO     [Pool-NiceHash-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - REJECTED share (diff: 32768.0) from [email protected] on NiceHash. Booo !!!!. Error: JsonRpcError [code_=22, message=Duplicate share., traceback=null]

I tried to work around this by enabling and disabling extranonce and by setting a reasonable minimum difficulty. I also tried both syntaxes for specifying the extranonce to NiceHash (i.e. adding "#xnsub" and "/#xnsub" to the URL).

I've also tried a single worker behind the proxy, in case the issue is related to multiple workers.

When I point the S9s directly at NiceHash, they work fine with almost no rejects. But of course that defeats the purpose of a proxy.

i have not had any real issues - except for the idle disconnection issues which has been fixed ...

which port are you mining on? ... how long are you mining for? ... are these errors immediate or after sometime? ...

these are some of things i think will answer the issues ... at least i hope Wink ...

#crysx

was there a fix for the idle disconnection issue?

Code:

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Does it work with zec coin stratum? I've tried but got an error like "disconnected, expected "str" "

not yet that i tired , that doesn't mean it doesn't yet or won't .
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Does it work with zec coin stratum? I've tried but got an error like "disconnected, expected "str" "
Hi!
Help me who know?
Give me please some a manual or link (url)
How i can to setup a proxy for work with my client-wallet scrypt coins.
I.e. - I want could connect to the strathem stratum proxy from hash (rental: Nicehash or miningrigrentals) on stratum proxy -  And stratum proxy will to connect to my wallet.
P.S. impossible for me to connect with my coin-wallet from the rent service  on a directly!
Thanks!

solo mining cannot be done through the stratum-proxy - unless someone has figured a way of doing it through stratum that converts it back to getwork ...

#crysx
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Hi!
Help me who know?
Give me please some a manual or link (url)
How i can to setup a proxy for work with my client-wallet scrypt coins.
I.e. - I want could connect to the strathem stratum proxy from hash (rental: Nicehash or miningrigrentals) on stratum proxy -  And stratum proxy will to connect to my wallet.
P.S. impossible for me to connect with my coin-wallet from the rent service  on a directly!
Thanks!
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Go Jupiter!
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Go Jupiter!
If there is nothing from the miner after it issued the mining.multi_version request then it's apparently waiting for the response. Maybe a simple non-error response would do, it should be fairly easy to implement in StratumConnection.java and StratumWorkerConnection.java.

But actually maybe you should respond with the error, maybe it is indicating it supports some non-public stratum protocol extensions (which this proxy of course obviously doesn't) so you need to let it know to downgrade itself back.

Maybe it's actually this proxy's bug that it doesn't respond with error to an unknown request and keeps the requester hanging.

Here is some comment hinting it could be something proprietary and here is another hint indicating S9 might be using this way to signal which extension(s) it supports. So the proxy just needs to respond appropriately.

EDIT: if you are up for it you might want to have a look at slush0's stratum-mining-proxy and his stratum implementation to see how that would react in case of an unrecognized request. He invented the whole stratum thing so I suppose that's the best place to look as this java proxy should imitate the same behavior.

Or maybe it would be faster to just try the slush0's proxy and see how it actually behaves and if it does allow your S9 to mine then just sniff their whole convo and implement what's missing into this one.

I suspect that this might be a problem with the S9 firmware. When it first came out, the S9 could not be used on NiceHash. There was a firmware update that supposedly fixed that.

I never updated the firmware because I didn't need it. So my S9 has whatever stratum bug Bitmain introduced in their changed miner software.

Other people have been able to get this proxy to work with their S9, so it might be that all I need to do is update the firmware.

Updating the firmware to the latest resolved my problem. I've now got my S9 happily submitting shares through the proxy.

The update had a weird side effect of changing the MAC address on my miner. So after the update I lost contact with the miner. I was afraid that I bricked it until I found that it had been given a new dynamic DHCP address.

Weird...

Where did you get the updated S9 firmware? I do not see it available on the bitmain site. https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720160628032419599ebY2YSlj06DE
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
still can;t find the answer, other miners connected to this proxy then to nh/wh works ok with some occasional rejects then back to normal but when antminers connected via this proxy pointed to nh/wh, it gets lots of rejects, dupes, stales...

BUT when the antminers are pointed directly to nh/wh, they work fine.

mystery waiting to be solved.

just to nh/wh on the ants that have high errors but to other pools it works fine.
any of you guys managed to get multiple "apiListenPort" to work on the same pc so that the web gui can be accessed accordingly? getting  the following error
tried using 45001, 45002, 45003... in 3 different conf file but only 45001 is accessible through the web. the other 2 is not accessible.

Code:
2016-08-30 21:28:01,272 ERROR    [main]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher - Failed to start the proxy.
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOBindingHandler.bindToChannelAndAddress(TCPNIOBindingHandler.java:132)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOBindingHandler.bind(TCPNIOBindingHandler.java:88)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.bind(TCPNIOTransport.java:236)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.bind(TCPNIOTransport.java:216)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.bind(TCPNIOTransport.java:207)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.NetworkListener.start(NetworkListener.java:680)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:278)
at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher.initHttpServices(Launcher.java:260)
at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:132)
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Hey guys.
I want to connect Nicehash to my proxy. But it got the error: "Disconnected. Remote pool extranonce2 size too small (min=4)." from Nicehash.
Can I set the extranonce2 to 4 anywhere?

Greetings

You want to connect your proxy to Nicehash, not Nicehash to your proxy. The error is from your proxy, not from Nicehash, and it says that Nicehash, not your proxy, is using too small extranonce2. Your proxy expects the size to be at least 4, Nicehash says 3. There is nowhere you could set 4 as you obviously cannot change how Nicehash servers are configured. The only way would be to make the proxy accept size 3.

What algo?

Algo : Scrypt

To be clear. I want to rent some mining power at nicehash and send it via my proxy to another pool. (Dosnt matter why)
And if I add my proxy as a pool there, I got the these errors.

Oh, that makes sense, I couldn't find anywhere in the proxy source code where would it require 4. So Nicehash is a miner here and requires 4, but proxy says 3. Well, if I get it (this time) right the proxy just passes what the remote pool (what you called "another pool") says.  I don't think there is anything that could be done in the proxy source code. If I am correct (which I am not sure) then even if you connected Nicehash directly to your "another pool" it would give the same error. Can you try that? If you don't want the "another pool" to see Nicehash IP (if that's the reason why you want to use proxy) then you can redirect the connection via any Linux box with iptables, I can help you with that if you need.
Activity: 838
Merit: 533
Hey guys.
I want to connect Nicehash to my proxy. But it got the error: "Disconnected. Remote pool extranonce2 size too small (min=4)." from Nicehash.

Greetings

You want to connect your proxy to Nicehash, not Nicehash to your proxy. The error is from your proxy, not from Nicehash, and it says that Nicehash, not your proxy, is using too small extranonce2. Your proxy expects the size to be at least 4, Nicehash says 3. There is nowhere you could set 4 as you obviously cannot change how Nicehash servers are configured. The only way would be to make the proxy accept size 3.

What algo?

Algo : Scrypt

To be clear. I want to rent some mining power at nicehash and send it via my proxy to another pool. (Dosnt matter why)
And if I add my proxy as a pool there, I got the these errors.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Hey guys.

Greetings

What algo?
Hey guys.

Greetings

try adding this to your conf file

"workerNumberLimit" : 1,

I tryed it. But if I check the pool I got the message:
"Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4)"

with "workerNumberLimit" : 256
the message is "Error: Extranonce2 size is 2 (minimum is 4)"
Hey guys.

Greetings

try adding this to your conf file

"workerNumberLimit" : 1,
Hey guys.

Greetings
Pages:
Jump to: