Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 10. (Read 120837 times)

Activity: 751
Merit: 251
something must have changed in my nicehash.conf file.  I tried on the full and minimal sample and they worked.
That did not work, here are my tries:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f /Users/Administrator/Documents/s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0/nicehash.conf
Failed to start the proxy:
org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f
        at org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineParser.parseArgument(CmdLineParser.java:556)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:113)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f \Users\Administrator\Documents\s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0\nicehash.conf
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> ls

Directory: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
----                -------------     ------ ----
d----         6/21/2015   5:13 PM            database
d----         6/21/2015   4:57 PM            lib
-a---         6/27/2015   9:03 AM       2708 nicehash.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      35821 LICENCE
-a---         7/14/2015   8:07 PM      11495 proxy.bat
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      28895 README.md
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM       2769 stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM        221 stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM    1361482 stratum-proxy.jar

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>
Yes the conf file is in the directory.  I will try the absolute path & let you know.
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Can someone help me troubleshoot my startup problem?  I am 99% sure this is the same command line I have used before and worked fine.

Here is my start command line I run from the directory with the *.jar and *.conf files:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f nicehash.conf

Here is the response:

at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f

Thanks

are you IN the directory where nicehash.conf if located when you run that command in console? ...

if not - you need to tell the app where it is ... its best pactice to use the absolute path anyway ...

so it should read something like -f /usr/local/conf/nicehash.conf - for example ...

#crysx
Can someone help me troubleshoot my startup problem?  I am 99% sure this is the same command line I have used before and worked fine.

Here is my start command line I run from the directory with the *.jar and *.conf files:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f nicehash.conf

Here is the response:

at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f

Thanks
legendary
I think this proxy has a limit of 2xx workers. By adding support for more than one poolworker, this limit might be increased?

that might be the case sp ...

all the limitations would have to be expanded somehow to cater for the inflow of workers and data ...

this proxy works very efficiently too ... the donation links ( including yours ) all run off this - though i have run them on an earlier version as i have not the time to test the new versions ...

but for every server ( like your donation links once again as an example ) - requires 13 java instances and proxies running all at the same time with different conf files for the different connections to the different algos on the different urls for nicehash ...

each of these instances - i have observed - uses around 150-200MB of memory per proxy ... each proxy handles a limited number of users - which inturn - increases the amount of RAM being used also as the worker count increases ...

so assuming that this is still the case - then adding support for a number of workers grouped together being redirected to different pools using different algos will logically require some heavy coding - then some heavy hardware also ...

BUT - as kenshirothefist stated earlier - this would mean that everything would work as a single package - and as a single app ... rather than the aforementioned donation stratum proxies - running 13 java instances and proxies in a single server - all with different ports ...

which btw - is finished and ready for publication and use ... i do want to take out some of the algos that are there ( like x15 and nist5 and a couple of others ) due to their RAM overhead and maintenance - and of course lack of interest from the public ...

#crysx
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
I think this proxy has a limit of 2xx workers. By adding support for more than one poolworker, this limit might be increased?
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Pfool, currently your proxy aggregates all incoming connections (workers) into single outgoing connection (worker). It would be very good if you could add a parameter to specify the number of workers per one outgoing connection. For example, if one would set this "num-of-workers-per-outbound-connection" to 10 and would have 100 inbound workers connected (100 miners) this would create 10 outbound connection to the end-point pool. Could you do this?

what would the point of that be kenshirothefist? ...

it seems to me that it would just create more work to aggregate the workers into 'sub connections' that would then have to be sent off as larger workers ...

Yes, exactly. Several benefits:
- no need to run several proxy instances, use only one for several workers;
- many end-point pools (including nicehash.com) do not prefer very big aggregated workers (for example like 1 PH SHA256 workers in big proxy configurations) due to issues with setting difficulties, rejects, etc. ... with such option users of this proxy would simply configure proper sub-aggregation setting (like 10 workers per one outgoing worker) and would get better efficiency without struggling by running several proxy instances;
- this would bring additional options like you already mentioned such as the possibility to direct different (sub-agreggated) outgoing workers to different pools;
- probably some other stuff that I can't remember now Wink

... sure all this requires quite some coding effort ... but I think it could be some cool stuff if properly implemented.
legendary
Pfool, currently your proxy aggregates all incoming connections (workers) into single outgoing connection (worker). It would be very good if you could add a parameter to specify the number of workers per one outgoing connection. For example, if one would set this "num-of-workers-per-outbound-connection" to 10 and would have 100 inbound workers connected (100 miners) this would create 10 outbound connection to the end-point pool. Could you do this?

what would the point of that be kenshirothefist? ...

it seems to me that it would just create more work to aggregate the workers into 'sub connections' that would then have to be sent off as larger workers ...

the way we do this now is simply run another proxy on a different port using the same machine and point the workers to the proxy of choice ...

unless that is what you are saying? ... in that - the ONE proxy can direct certain workers TO certain pools by means of different ports ...

am i misunderstanding this? ...

though that would be nice to be able to handle ALL the workers and have them mine in different places using the same proxy and the same port number ...

#crysx
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
cbf
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
hi there,

i use the proxy for a couple of weeks with ltcrabbit. it works quiet fine. good job so far @pfool
now i wanted to get additional GH from nicehash. i tried to get nh connected to my proxy as a miner. but when i verify the pool (=my proxy) i get this error:

"Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4)." (same msg bitsum got a few weeks ago)

in this case i won't be able to fix the miner!? any suggestions? thank you!

regards,
cbf
legendary
Anybody has any idea on how to fix : Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4) for nicehash pool

make sure that in your .conf - the extranonce subscription is on ( 'true' ) ...

it doesnt always work if you have a miner that doesnt support it either ... in which case you just turn it off and make do with rejected shares every time the extranonce2 bit changes ...

#crysx

the only thing i can see that conflicts there is the suggestedPoolDifficulty and the password ...

im not sure if it has any conflicts within the stratum proxy - but a suggested diff is set then you are forcing TWO different difficulty requests straight after ...

we dont do it that way at all ... we leave the suggested diff - and let the nicehash stratum decide the diff ( with just a password x - i would remove that p= altogether ) ...

as far as i know - nicehash forces the new diff anyway - so no use trying to force it through the proxy ...

so try without the password being set to diff and change it to whatever you want your password to be ( it wont matter with nicehash anyway ) ...

#crysx

changed

"suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0,

and

"password" : "x",

still I'm getting Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4).
Is there any stratum proxy that resembles the original pool stratum extranonce or way to implement it?

extranonce2 size 4? ...

this shows that after the changes - you are still getting the SAME issue ... which normally means its a miner based issue ...

what miner are you using that is pointing to this proxy? ...

we have found sgminer to be a delinquent with extranonce2 size requests - unless you are mining directly to nicehash ...

some incarnations of the miners do not handle extranonce2 changes very well at all ... especially if you have diff settings in the miner itself ...

we use sgminer ( the latest git compile in fedora 19 x64 ) and ccminer ( spmod fork ) and they all seems to be running fine with x11 x13 x15 lyra2re neoscrypt and quark ...

though there are NO other parameters that are passed onto the proxy from the miners - as the miners are set to 'stock' settings except for the intensities and 'card based' parameters ...

we have a similar setup to you in the .conf so it should running fine ...

if you want - test the miner with our donation link ( which uses this proxy ) for a few minutes and see what the result is ...

the donation link is for the dev sp - for the ccminer fork spmod ...

you can check the results as you mine here through westhash ( as we use the us stratums ) - https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=9&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ...

that btc address is sp's donation address ... test for 5-10 minutes and see how you go ...

strip the settings from the miner ( unless its card specific - like gpuclock and memclock ) and point to the address - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7939/ ...

we have set these test stratum proxies up for miners who want to donate hashrate rather than btc to the dev ...

sp is the initial one - there will be more coming in the next few weeks as we get more servers online ...

details are here if you are interested in donation - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-chainworks-industries-cwi-project-donate-by-mining-dbm-1089744 ...

for your test though - use the settings above in the miner and run for a few minutes and see if the miner is still giving extranonce2 issues ...

let me know how it goes ...

#crysx
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Anybody has any idea on how to fix : Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4) for nicehash pool

it doesnt always work if you have a miner that doesnt support it either ... in which case you just turn it off and make do with rejected shares every time the extranonce2 bit changes ...

#crysx

the only thing i can see that conflicts there is the suggestedPoolDifficulty and the password ...

im not sure if it has any conflicts within the stratum proxy - but a suggested diff is set then you are forcing TWO different difficulty requests straight after ...

we dont do it that way at all ... we leave the suggested diff - and let the nicehash stratum decide the diff ( with just a password x - i would remove that p= altogether ) ...

as far as i know - nicehash forces the new diff anyway - so no use trying to force it through the proxy ...

so try without the password being set to diff and change it to whatever you want your password to be ( it wont matter with nicehash anyway ) ...

#crysx

changed

"suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0,

and

"password" : "x",

still I'm getting Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4).
Is there any stratum proxy that resembles the original pool stratum extranonce or way to implement it?
legendary

#crysx

My configuration :

{
  "logDirectory" : "",
  "logLevel" : "INFO",
  "disableLogAppend": false,
  "stratumListenPort" : 3333,
  "stratumListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableStratum": false,
  "getworkListenPort" : 8332,
  "getworkListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableGetwork": false,
  "apiListenPort" : 8888,
  "apiListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableApi": false,
  "poolConnectionRetryDelay" : 5,
  "poolReconnectStabilityPeriod" : 5,
  "poolNoNotifyTimeout" : 240,
  "rejectReconnectOnDifferentHost" : false,
  "poolHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "userHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
   "connectionHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "isScrypt" : false,
  "databaseDirectory": "",
  "hashrateDatabaseSamplingPeriod": 60,
  "hashrateDatabaseHistoryDepth": 7,
  "noMidstate": false,
  "apiLogLevel": "INFO",
  "validateGetworkShares": false, // Validate the shares submitted by Getwork w$
  "poolSwitchingStrategy": "priorityFailover",
  "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration": 60,
  "apiUser": "",
  "apiPassword": "",
  "apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled": false, // If an apiUser is set and this option is$
  // The apiEnableSsl should be set to true or left commented if an apiUser is $
  //"apiEnableSsl": false,
  "logRealShareDifficulty": false, // Take care, it is CPU intensive and it work$
  "workerNumberLimit": 1, // Only 1, 256 and 65536 values are supported.
  "ipVersion": "auto", // Valid values: auto, v4, v6. Force the use of the IP p$
  "suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0.01, // Suggest this difficulty to the pool. The $
  "pools" : [ {
    "name" : "Nicehash Lyra",
    "host" : "lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342",
    "user" : "12kJnGaN6TdmvkjZSf5Yc2nuxq6bx4nkKy",
    "password" : "d=0.02;p=0.24",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : false,
    "workerNameSeparator" : ".",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "weight" : 9,
    "isEnabled": true
  }]
}

legendary

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
New version released (0.8.0): https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes since 0.7.1-SNAPSHOT:
-Fix the uptime when a pool is down.
-Enable Kick Connection, Kick IP and Ban IP in the GUI.
-Add worker version in the connection page and forward show_message from pool to clients
-Try to fix a Getwork issue. Workers are not immediatly notified with job reset.
-Add the apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled. If an apiUser is set and this option is present, the read-only API methods are publicly accessible. The displayed GUI will be read-only and login will be required to access to admin features (modify/create/delete pools, ban users...)
-Starting pool is now done asynchronously to not delay the proxy startup if a pool is down.
-Restore the GUI compatibility with Internet Explorer
-Generate SSL certificate with SHA256 instead of sha-1 for GUI (remove stratum-proxy-keystore.jks from the database directory to generate a new certificate)
-Add the share validation on Stratum Worker connections if the validateGetworkShares option is enabled.
-Add the number of accepted/rejected shares in the user/list API method and in the users page.

Changes since 0.7.0:
-Allow the value 1 for the workerNumberLimit option.

Thank you Pfool! Is it possible yet to connect to a wallet and solo mine with your proxy?
legendary
New version released (0.8.0): https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes since 0.7.1-SNAPSHOT:
-Fix the uptime when a pool is down.
-Enable Kick Connection, Kick IP and Ban IP in the GUI.
-Add worker version in the connection page and forward show_message from pool to clients
-Try to fix a Getwork issue. Workers are not immediatly notified with job reset.
-Add the apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled. If an apiUser is set and this option is present, the read-only API methods are publicly accessible. The displayed GUI will be read-only and login will be required to access to admin features (modify/create/delete pools, ban users...)
-Starting pool is now done asynchronously to not delay the proxy startup if a pool is down.
-Restore the GUI compatibility with Internet Explorer
-Generate SSL certificate with SHA256 instead of sha-1 for GUI (remove stratum-proxy-keystore.jks from the database directory to generate a new certificate)
-Add the share validation on Stratum Worker connections if the validateGetworkShares option is enabled.
-Add the number of accepted/rejected shares in the user/list API method and in the users page.

Changes since 0.7.0:
-Allow the value 1 for the workerNumberLimit option.

fantastic ...

will be testing this new one this week ...

tanx ...

#crysx
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

Client example:

How can we change the worker extranonce 2 size greater than 3 ?
[/quote]

If your miner can't deal with it, fix the miner.
Pages:
Jump to: