Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 8. (Read 120837 times)

Activity: 751
Merit: 251
Thank You!

I will give it a try.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
The appendWorkerNames option is not compatible with Nicehash.

Nicehash accepts only one worker by stratum connection. If you use the appendWorkerNames, each time a worker connects to the proxy, the proxy issue an authorization request on the already established stratum connection to the pool (since the proxy merges all the worker connections to a single pool connection). When Nicehash receives the second authorization request, it closes the stratum connection.

=> set "appendWorkerNames":false
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I am not sure if this thread is dead, or no one is using this.
I am trying to use this to connect to nicehash.
One work shows up fine and the worker name shows up on nicehash stats.

I have my worker number set to 256 in the conf file.

When I try to connect more than one worker it says not authorized and kicks back all my workers except one.  Running on ubuntu server, here is one of the responses for worker = "x":

2015-11-19 13:36:01,873 INFO     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - New WorkerConnection x.x.x.7 subscribed. 2 connections active on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa.
2015-11-19 13:36:01,973 WARN     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - User connection not authorized. Worker 1bitcoinaddress.x is not authorized on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa. Cause: JsonRpcError [c ode=null, message=null, traceback=null]
2015-11-19 13:36:01,976 INFO     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Worker connection x.x.x.7 closed. 1 connections active on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa. Cause: Connection closed.

I use the same config to connect my workers to other pools just fine.  I am sure something different required for nicehash I am missing.  Thanks!

section from conf file:
    "name" : "Nicehash Bitcoin usa",
    "host" : "sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334",
    "user" : "1bitcoinaddress",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : true,
    "workerNameSeparator" : "."

becuase we cant see your full conf file - you will want to look at WHY the stratum proxy is kicking a worker called '1bitcoinaddress.x' when the setup you have is based on '1bitcoinaddress' ( in the setting "user" : "1bitcoinaddress", ) ...

i have a number of systems running this proxy directly connected to nicehash and all of them are working ... so when you figure out the reason why your workers are different - then you can move on to the next step - which is the nicehash connectivity ...

edit - i just realized you have assigned - "appendWorkerNames" : true, - so i guess the worker will be passed through the proxy as x ...

how long have you had the proxy running without on nicehash? ...

nicehash ban connections that are have been sitting idle for more than a few minutes ... the ban time is usually and hour or two ...

so if the proxy has been sitting there without a worker - it maybe that it is banned and any other worker you pass through the proxy will be banned from being used ...

this is one of the reasons i set the parameter - "appendWorkerNames" : false, - and push the workers all through one address ...

this may not work for you - or it maybe a different error ... but a good test maybe that you wait 2 hours by disconnecting the proxy from nicehash - the reconnect it and test with the same settings and push multiple workers through ... if it goes through - then it just may be the ban - if it gives the same error as you are getting now then we need to look more at what configuration you may have ...

the last time an issue happened similar to this was a typo ...

#crysx
I am not sure if this thread is dead, or no one is using this.
I am trying to use this to connect to nicehash.
One work shows up fine and the worker name shows up on nicehash stats.

I have my worker number set to 256 in the conf file.

When I try to connect more than one worker it says not authorized and kicks back all my workers except one.  Running on ubuntu server, here is one of the responses for worker = "x":

2015-11-19 13:36:01,873 INFO     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - New WorkerConnection x.x.x.7 subscribed. 2 connections active on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa.
2015-11-19 13:36:01,973 WARN     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - User connection not authorized. Worker 1bitcoinaddress.x is not authorized on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa. Cause: JsonRpcError [c ode=null, message=null, traceback=null]
2015-11-19 13:36:01,976 INFO     [x.x.x.7-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Worker connection x.x.x.7 closed. 1 connections active on pool Nicehash Bitcoin usa. Cause: Connection closed.

I use the same config to connect my workers to other pools just fine.  I am sure something different required for nicehash I am missing.  Thanks!

section from conf file:
    "name" : "Nicehash Bitcoin usa",
    "host" : "sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334",
    "user" : "1bitcoinaddress",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : true,
    "workerNameSeparator" : "."
I am having difficulty getting the stratum proxy to increase difficulty.

I am using this proxy to connect to stratum.antpool.com

The difficulty stays at 1024  24/7. 

I have "suggested"  4096 and 0.01 but it never changes.  If I let the miners connect directly it quickly gets increased to 8k or more.

I have tried getwork enabled and disabled

If I set enableExtranonceSubscribe = true, it says mining extrononce subscribe not found

Any ideas?  Thanks!
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
Hi,

Could you fill a bug on github with the log file (DEBUG level) when the problem happens ? I will have a look when I have some time.

Thanks.

Sure.  When it happens again I will upload the DEBUG logs. 

Everything is running smoothly now.
legendary

this usually happens on our proxies when the stratum that we are mining TO changes the extranonce rapidly in a short period of time ...

it levels out when the stale / dead shares are sent and the miners are stable again ...

which is what your graph is showing also ...

though i could be completely wrong - the graph you are showing looks awfully like ours Wink ...

btw - the proxies are running under centos 7 x64 java 1.8.0 ...

#crysx

Are all of your machines connected with the same username/pass?  I just updated the Java to 1.8 from 1.7 so once it happens again I will restart the server and see if it makes a difference.  I love using the stratum server - it is so easy to point my hashrate fast, but it is not worth the downtime if this keeps happening.

no - all my miners are using different names to the one stratum server ...

i need it that way to keep track of the miners and where the hashrate is coming from ... not all the miners are situated in the one physical place - so the naming convention allows me to determine where they are originating from ...

a java upgrade may not be the solution and i cannot speak on pfools behalf - but i am sure pfool would see where the issue may be if you supplied the error logs ...

#crysx
Hi,

Could you fill a bug on github with the log file (DEBUG level) when the problem happens ? I will have a look when I have some time.

Thanks.
donator

this usually happens on our proxies when the stratum that we are mining TO changes the extranonce rapidly in a short period of time ...

it levels out when the stale / dead shares are sent and the miners are stable again ...

though i could be completely wrong - the graph you are showing looks awfully like ours Wink ...

#crysx

Are all of your machines connected with the same username/pass?  I just updated the Java to 1.8 from 1.7 so once it happens again I will restart the server and see if it makes a difference.  I love using the stratum server - it is so easy to point my hashrate fast, but it is not worth the downtime if this keeps happening.

legendary
I am having sporadic problems with Stratum-Mining Proxy.  Sometimes it runs for a day or so and sometimes it runs for a week.  Then it just starts crapping out and I have to restart it for it to work right again.  I am going to run DEBUG and see what I get for errors.  I guess I could just have a cronjob restart the mining proxy once a day but I would like it to be stable.

Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.  Mining server is colo'd.  I connect to the server 102 machines all with the same username/pass.

#crysx
donator
I am having sporadic problems with Stratum-Mining Proxy.  Sometimes it runs for a day or so and sometimes it runs for a week.  Then it just starts crapping out and I have to restart it for it to work right again.  I am going to run DEBUG and see what I get for errors.  I guess I could just have a cronjob restart the mining proxy once a day but I would like it to be stable.

Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.  Mining server is colo'd.  I connect to the server 102 machines all with the same username/pass.

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
nicehash is bether than badhash
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Thanks,

NiceHash  means a lot of trouble Smiley
did anybody tried to buy hashing power from nicehash?

proxy get's rejected by nicehash because of extranounce2 size
my pool has size=4 => proxy will give 3 to nicehash which complaints that is too low..

i check the source code and found in getWorkerExtranonce2Size():

return extranonce2Size != null ? extranonce2Size - extranonce1TailSize : 0;

because extranonce1TailSize is 1 (DEFAULT VALUES).

if i will set the extranonce1TailSize=0, i will only get maximum one worker.

What should I do to have multiple workers (<256) and worker.extranounce2size=4 ?

Thanks,

It is not possible. It is a limitation of the stratum protocol. When the proxy "consumes" n bytes of extranonce2, it allows you to proxify 2^n workers. So, if you want to consume 0 byte of extranonce2 to be compatible with Nicehash, you can proxify only 2^0=1 worker.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
did anybody tried to buy hashing power from nicehash?

proxy get's rejected by nicehash because of extranounce2 size
my pool has size=4 => proxy will give 3 to nicehash which complaints that is too low..

i check the source code and found in getWorkerExtranonce2Size():

return extranonce2Size != null ? extranonce2Size - extranonce1TailSize : 0;

because extranonce1TailSize is 1 (DEFAULT VALUES).

if i will set the extranonce1TailSize=0, i will only get maximum one worker.

What should I do to have multiple workers (<256) and worker.extranounce2size=4 ?

Thanks,
legendary
hi all ...

big update ... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12579292 ...

#crysx #granite #grn
legendary
is there an easy way ( a formula maybe ) of defining which pool should get which weight for a specific time on the pool? ...

ie ... 7 pools that need to mine for different periods of time ... is there an easy way of calculating what the weight of each individual pool should be? ...

#crysx

The best way is to set the weight of each pool to the time you want it mines and set the roundDuration to the total time (weight) of all pools.

For example, you have 3 pools and your needs are:
Pool1 mines for 32 minutes
Pool2 mines for 45 minutes
Pool3 mines for 15 minutes

Set the weight of pool1 to 32, the weight of pool2 to 45, the weight of pool3 to 15 and the roundDuration to 32 + 45 +15 = 92 minutes.

Notice: If you add a new pool through the GUI, the above calculation is no more valid since a pool mining duration is relative to its weight, to the other pool weights and to the roundDuration. But at the moment, you cannot change dynamically the roundDuration (you need to change the configuration file and so to restart the proxy).

hi all ...

donation by mining ... dbm ...

im very happy to announce that the donation links are now active for community use ...

please have a look and read - and help with the mining donations to these awesome devs ...

the op will be updated as soon as i collate the rest of the info required ...

the thread post is here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12480969 ...

join in and help hash for the devs ...

btw - pfool ... i have a few more servers being setup soon - so if you could please send me a pm of your details ( btc donation address - website - dev details - etc ) - i would really like to add you to the list of devs ...

#crysx

Thank you for your job Smiley

tanx pfool ...

this explains a great deal ...

though i wouldnt see why you would dynamically change it via the gui ...

i guess if it makes it easy then it would be beneficial - but most of the setups are set through .conf files with the systems we have ...

but the weight count being represented as the minutes the pool mines is really good ... avery good way to perceive it better ...

i actually didnt know what the weight limitation was - but it seems that there is no limitation - its just a number that is used for the calculation ...

next week ill be upgrading the systems - which also means ill be reserving a system for the donation links for you ...

could you please pm me your details ... i will put what i can in the system - but i just would like to verify ...

the btc address you have in your sig - is that what i use? ... this thread - this is your thread we use for the details ... the github repo ... and thats about all i have Smiley ...

its enough if it is all accurate ...

tanx again pfool ...

edit - i didnt read my personal messages BEFORE i posted here ... tanx pfool ... ill add this server as soon as i get it and to the op on the donation site ...

#crysx
is there an easy way ( a formula maybe ) of defining which pool should get which weight for a specific time on the pool? ...

ie ... 7 pools that need to mine for different periods of time ... is there an easy way of calculating what the weight of each individual pool should be? ...

#crysx

The best way is to set the weight of each pool to the time you want it mines and set the roundDuration to the total time (weight) of all pools.

For example, you have 3 pools and your needs are:
Pool1 mines for 32 minutes
Pool2 mines for 45 minutes
Pool3 mines for 15 minutes

Set the weight of pool1 to 32, the weight of pool2 to 45, the weight of pool3 to 15 and the roundDuration to 32 + 45 +15 = 92 minutes.

Notice: If you add a new pool through the GUI, the above calculation is no more valid since a pool mining duration is relative to its weight, to the other pool weights and to the roundDuration. But at the moment, you cannot change dynamically the roundDuration (you need to change the configuration file and so to restart the proxy).

hi all ...

im very happy to announce that the donation links are now active for community use ...

please have a look and read - and help with the mining donations to these awesome devs ...

btw - pfool ... i have a few more servers being setup soon - so if you could please send me a pm of your details ( btc donation address - website - dev details - etc ) - i would really like to add you to the list of devs ...

#crysx

Thank you for your job Smiley
legendary
hi all ...

#crysx
legendary
i have an issue with the weightedRoundRobin 'situation' ...

if anyone can help that would be great ...

it seems that the settings for duration is not being adhered to ... i set it at 52 ( which im assuming is 52minutes ) and the each of the pool weight at 1 ( which im assuming is even 52minutes per pool ) ...

this is obviously wrong as the pools rotate at intervals much less than 52minuts ... i couldnt tell you how long between rotation - but its definitely NOT 52minutes ...

can someone please shed some light on how this is to be accomplished please? .. pfool? ...

btw - it is the latest version 0.8.0 - running in centos 7 x64 ...

#crysx

The "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration" define the duration of a round robin cycle. During the cycle, each pool will become active in turn. The time a pool is active is defined by the Round time, the pool weight and the total weight of all pools :

miningTimeOfPool = (poolWeight * roundDuration) / totalPoolWeight

So, in your case, if all pools have a weight of 1 and for example you have 4 pools configured, each pool will mines 52/4 = 13 minutes before switching to the following.

tanx for the info pfool ...

i was wondering how to piece it all together ... is this documented anywhere? ...

this explains why they are such small intervals ...

if the weight was raised for any one or another ( like in the sample conf file - where pool one has a weight of 9 and pool two has a weight of one ) where they have different weights for the pool - how is it calculated then? ...

edit - never mind ... i worked it out from the calculation ... i must have been asleep while i was responding to you ( which seems to be quite often lately ) ...

from the formula - i would need to increase the roundDuration to 208 for the pools to mine at 52minutes each with a weight of 1 ... or as you would have it ...

roundDuration = ( miningTimeOfPool * totalPoolWeight ) / poolWeight

who said learning maths at school was useless? ... Wink ...

what i didnt realize also was that the calculation is for EACH pool ... so the weight of each pool affects the time mined ...

tanx again mate ...

#crysx

You've got it! Wink

tanx again pfool ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: