Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 9. (Read 120837 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
i have an issue with the weightedRoundRobin 'situation' ...

if anyone can help that would be great ...

it seems that the settings for duration is not being adhered to ... i set it at 52 ( which im assuming is 52minutes ) and the each of the pool weight at 1 ( which im assuming is even 52minutes per pool ) ...

this is obviously wrong as the pools rotate at intervals much less than 52minuts ... i couldnt tell you how long between rotation - but its definitely NOT 52minutes ...

can someone please shed some light on how this is to be accomplished please? .. pfool? ...

btw - it is the latest version 0.8.0 - running in centos 7 x64 ...

#crysx

The "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration" define the duration of a round robin cycle. During the cycle, each pool will become active in turn. The time a pool is active is defined by the Round time, the pool weight and the total weight of all pools :

miningTimeOfPool = (poolWeight * roundDuration) / totalPoolWeight

So, in your case, if all pools have a weight of 1 and for example you have 4 pools configured, each pool will mines 52/4 = 13 minutes before switching to the following.

tanx for the info pfool ...

i was wondering how to piece it all together ... is this documented anywhere? ...

this explains why they are such small intervals ...

if the weight was raised for any one or another ( like in the sample conf file - where pool one has a weight of 9 and pool two has a weight of one ) where they have different weights for the pool - how is it calculated then? ...

edit - never mind ... i worked it out from the calculation ... i must have been asleep while i was responding to you ( which seems to be quite often lately ) ...

from the formula - i would need to increase the roundDuration to 208 for the pools to mine at 52minutes each with a weight of 1 ... or as you would have it ...

roundDuration = ( miningTimeOfPool * totalPoolWeight ) / poolWeight

who said learning maths at school was useless? ... Wink ...

what i didnt realize also was that the calculation is for EACH pool ... so the weight of each pool affects the time mined ...

tanx again mate ...

#crysx

You've got it! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

it seems that the settings for duration is not being adhered to ... i set it at 52 ( which im assuming is 52minutes ) and the each of the pool weight at 1 ( which im assuming is even 52minutes per pool ) ...

this is obviously wrong as the pools rotate at intervals much less than 52minuts ... i couldnt tell you how long between rotation - but its definitely NOT 52minutes ...

can someone please shed some light on how this is to be accomplished please? .. pfool? ...

#crysx

The "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration" define the duration of a round robin cycle. During the cycle, each pool will become active in turn. The time a pool is active is defined by the Round time, the pool weight and the total weight of all pools :

So, in your case, if all pools have a weight of 1 and for example you have 4 pools configured, each pool will mines 52/4 = 13 minutes before switching to the following.

tanx for the info pfool ...

i was wondering how to piece it all together ... is this documented anywhere? ...

this explains why they are such small intervals ...

if the weight was raised for any one or another ( like in the sample conf file - where pool one has a weight of 9 and pool two has a weight of one ) where they have different weights for the pool - how is it calculated then? ...

edit - never mind ... i worked it out from the calculation ... i must have been asleep while i was responding to you ( which seems to be quite often lately ) ...

from the formula - i would need to increase the roundDuration to 208 for the pools to mine at 52minutes each with a weight of 1 ... or as you would have it ...

roundDuration = ( miningTimeOfPool * totalPoolWeight ) / poolWeight

who said learning maths at school was useless? ... Wink ...

what i didnt realize also was that the calculation is for EACH pool ... so the weight of each pool affects the time mined ...

tanx again mate ...

#crysx

#crysx

Any way to lock the web page by user name and password. Thanks in advance

in the latest version - you have the option in the configuration files ...

username and password will access only to the ones you allocate and everything else is readonly as far i can tell - for others to view ...

#crysx

Indeed, in the last version you can:
1) Lock all the web page
2) Lock only the admin features (users without the credentials have a read-only access)
3) Lock nothing

Here are the corresponding configurations:
1) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=false
2) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=true
3) apiUser and apiPassword not set or set to empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=do not care

For options 1) and 2), you should leave the apiEnableSsl option commented or set to true

Call me a little slow can you please provide a sample config with the user and pass. Sorry my coding stinks. Thanks

Just modify your configuration file like this:
Code:
  "apiUser": "username",
  "apiPassword": "password",
  "apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled": false,
  "apiEnableSsl": true
legendary

#crysx
Activity: 840
Merit: 251

username and password will access only to the ones you allocate and everything else is readonly as far i can tell - for others to view ...

#crysx

1) Lock all the web page
2) Lock only the admin features (users without the credentials have a read-only access)
3) Lock nothing

1) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=false
2) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=true
3) apiUser and apiPassword not set or set to empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=do not care

For options 1) and 2), you should leave the apiEnableSsl option commented or set to true

Call me a little slow can you please provide a sample config with the user and pass. Sorry my coding stinks. Thanks
crk
Activity: 184
i can see the GUI, i can connect my miners to the proxy but the proxy is rejecting all my shares...
Activity: 201
legendary

#crysx

1) Lock all the web page
3) Lock nothing

tanx pfool ...

i wasnt sure as to the exact settings and location so needed clarification ...

im still using the older version - but will take the time to upgrade to the latest version very shortly ...

you are doing an awesome job ... much appreciated ...

#crysx

#crysx

1) Lock all the web page
3) Lock nothing

legendary

#crysx
Activity: 840
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
After many hours of re installs  and failed setting after setting, i finally got all ant miner useing this proxy . "Smiley .

but here is my proxy conf setting if it's helps anyone .

{
 "disableGetwork": true,
 "pools" : [ {
    "name" : "Eligius",
    "host" : "stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334",
    "user" : "your btc adresss",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false,
    "weight" : 1,
    "isEnabled": true
  }, {
    "name" : "Westhash",
    "host" : "sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334",
    "user" : "",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false,
    "appendWorkerNames" : true,
    "workerNameSeparator" : "_",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "weight" : 1,
    "isEnabled": false
  } ]
}

I have westhash disabled, I used that to see what i needed the most etc .

Here is my ant miner setting or cgminer setting inside the S3 and S5 ,

host : stratum+tcp://192.168.1.210:3333
user:  1
Pw  :  x

it seems tiring to connect  thy port :8332 wouldn't work for me . i had to disable getwork and use stratum+tcp:// with my PI's .

i had to make sure all the right software was installed.

so now all my ants are running thu this proxy on PI's or two pI's . I had fun leaning how to Smiley .

This is nice to see after hours of being annoyed

2015-08-19 23:10:21,579 INFO     [Pool-Eligius-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - Accepted share (diff: 511.9921875) from [email protected] on Eligius. Yeah !!!!
legendary
hi all ...

who here knows how to use weightedroundrobin effectively here? ...

what is the best weighting - what is the best way of implementing it ...

as opposed to failover - it seems to be a nice way of switching ...

#crysx
legendary
well now it is not working with either of the sample conf files, and I dont think that the conf files have been edited as they show date 6-21-2015 when I installed.  (I tried the slash both directions earlier):

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
Failed to start the proxy:
org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f
        at org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineParser.parseArgument(CmdLineParser.java:556)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:113)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.co
nf
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)

You are not using the dash (minus sign) but rather another similar symbol before the "f", this what it is complaining about.

You can see that the "dash" before "-jar" is shorter than the one before "–f" (at least it is on my mac). Replace "–f" for "-f" and it should work.

good eye girino ... good eye Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 751
Thank You.  always something simple (after you know the answer)
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
well now it is not working with either of the sample conf files, and I dont think that the conf files have been edited as they show date 6-21-2015 when I installed.  (I tried the slash both directions earlier):

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.co
nf
)

You are not using the dash (minus sign) but rather another similar symbol before the "f", this what it is complaining about.

You can see that the "dash" before "-jar" is shorter than the one before "–f" (at least it is on my mac). Replace "–f" for "-f" and it should work.
Activity: 751

)
nf
)
legendary
something must have changed in my nicehash.conf file.  I tried on the full and minimal sample and they worked.

o ok ...

post the conf if you like ... lets have a look ...

#crysx
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: