Pages:
Author

Topic: New to Crypto, Any Advice? - page 13. (Read 2386 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 02:11:21 PM
Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt

Hey there ! I think its great that  you started in crypto. but personally i would suggest you read about the coins that interest you and if you believe in them invest but dont trade as its very risky and volatile. Just hold on to them and wait for the long term just like the bitcoin ! Alot of people who were trading it back then regret when the price went sky rocket ! just buy what you believe in and hold for long term Smiley

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
March 04, 2018, 02:10:01 PM
Also, you might want to follow John McAfee on twitter, he has like "coin of the week" posts and that coin usually spikes in price in the next few days.

Yeah, this could effective if you're looking to make a few easy bucks. I don't necessarily trust him, but his endorsements do carry some weight, as detailed in this article:

https://medium.com/the-daily-bit/pump-and-dump-the-mcafee-effect-35e6437a9890

Do note, however, that he could very well just be orchestrating pump and dumps, so you shouldn't trust him blindly.

Don't follow McAfee, many people have already lost their money on many occasions.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9knnpz/john-mcafee-twitter-coin-of-the-day-cryptocurrency-markets

Its better to have your own research before investing into any coins.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
March 04, 2018, 02:06:22 PM
Also, you might want to follow John McAfee on twitter, he has like "coin of the week" posts and that coin usually spikes in price in the next few days.

Yeah, this could effective if you're looking to make a few easy bucks. I don't necessarily trust him, but his endorsements do carry some weight, as detailed in this article:

Do note, however, that he could very well just be orchestrating pump and dumps, so you shouldn't trust him blindly.

Just like nothing else tbh, but he's good for the smaller investments like up to 20$ or something like that, nothing much to lose but will bring in some good profit otherwise. Might as well, I don't know, but however it can still bring in some nice profit.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
March 04, 2018, 01:56:53 PM
Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt

if you like faucets, give iq cash a try. iq cash is a token on the wave platform. you have to solve some easy puzzle and for every puzzle you get one iqcash token. first of all you need a wallet on https://waveswallet.io/
with the address from the wave platform, you can go to https://iqcash.net/ and solve some puzzle. its all for free and you can make some trades with the iqcash token on the wave platform.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 01:48:58 PM
thanks alot for your help, i will check out binance. do u know what the minimum deposit is? also what kind of fees do they have on trades?
I am also a newcomer to the Crypto market, so many people think that in this market, to make the most profit we should invest in Bitcoin because Bitcoin is supposedly A sound currency will have a good future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
March 04, 2018, 01:32:49 PM
Advice? DYOR. I started as a wandering newbie in bitcoin world. What I did was to study all the fundamental things that matters in cryptocurrencies. So Just Do Your Own Research for you to be a successor of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 04, 2018, 01:29:55 PM
First of all welcome on board, if you're looking to gain knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies then you are on the right platform. I would recommend you to invest your time before investing your money. Spend as much as your time in reading valuable post and try to learn and understand the things. Crypto market is highly volatile in nature so do your own research before making any investment decision. Remember you can lose your money if you're doing it in the wrong way so you are responsible for your actions.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
March 04, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Matt

Yes surely you will do that all over the time. Just keep in mind that crypto currency are real bad ass in terms of their volatility. This affects many things, faucet earnings, trading patterns, fees, regulations and much more. Yes that alone can do all these things and can kill the whole story. What I think about crypot is very simple, you dont do anything here with emotions, dont make any noise while doing the trades because you should do it very calmest possible.  Smiley

You are getting lot of other tips and advices up there but do remember all my points when you will follow their tips and advices.  Cheesy
Activity: 6
March 04, 2018, 12:49:45 PM
I was milking the faucets for years and then realized what a waste of time that was when I found bounty jobs here to do instead. You can check both the bitcoin and Altcoin market section of this forum for more details and you can earn a living almost doing freelance works for various coin offerings as well as have a signature campaign when your status here on the forum reaches at least Junior level. You can then use some of those coins to trade and also check around some of the exchanges like COSS and KUCOIN, which offer up prizes for people trading volumes daily and give out prizes to traders on a monthly basis through various promotions.

thanks alot .. this was the reply i was waiting for lol how much did u get from a year of faucets? if u dont mind me asking?
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 12:49:23 PM
Yes stop wasting your time on faucets and buy some coins/tokens with your money and do your own research before buying any coin. there are some good project which are still in early stages and prices are cheap. Do research, buy and hodl for some months, take profits and repeat. Wink
Activity: 167
March 04, 2018, 12:48:17 PM
Hi there Matt,,
I am also new in this cryptro world. If you knew on crypto world,i will suggest you to research crypto world. After research if you want to earn from it...That's good. There are many way to aren money from this cryptro world. Those are mining, trading and also the most importent is investing.
That's why i suggest you learning about it and other site you can invest money on bitcoin. To investing money you can join "Coinbase"
Superb. I would like to add more:
1. Acquire more knowledge on crypto currency and their future
2. Know about prominent crypto currencies.
3. Keep watching the trdaing trend
4. Invest small portion of your money initially
5. At the beginning, invest. do not try to trade.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
March 04, 2018, 12:47:35 PM

Matt
1. do not make stupid decicion like risking all of you life time saving on bitcoin.

2. always take research about the coin you want to buy.

3. DO NOT PANIC BUY OR PANIC SELL. because the newbie habbit is if they see the price at green they buy but they didn't nlknow that gree is the peak of the price
Merit: 255
March 04, 2018, 12:45:33 PM

John McAfee is better than FUD. So far McAfee's predictions have a lot of truth although sometimes his post is slightly less logical but at least he was able to lead a more positive opinion for the growth of crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Money Token
March 04, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
Ive been to faucets before and to be honest, its a complete waste of time so if you are serious in crypto, avoid from it. If you want to buy a coin, review many times first and join to their groups for any updates. Buy only cryptos which are at least top 30 in the coinmarketcap site.  Just have patience, stop for being greedy and make a target for your profit.
March 04, 2018, 12:43:19 PM
rosalyn07 .. Yes i will be doing a lot of reading. I already have been doing a fair bit of research, but theres so much different things to learn its mind boggling. all these different ways of earning coins. LOTS more reading to come lol I still cant get over how many people are willing to offer help. its outstanding, i wish other forums were this helpful. thank you all for the info.
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
March 04, 2018, 12:41:58 PM
Read more, be careful with your private keys, wallets and exchanges. Don't hold all your coins in one wallet or exchange. Invest carefully Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
March 04, 2018, 12:39:07 PM
I was milking the faucets for years and then realized what a waste of time that was when I found bounty jobs here to do instead. You can check both the bitcoin and Altcoin market section of this forum for more details and you can earn a living almost doing freelance works for various coin offerings as well as have a signature campaign when your status here on the forum reaches at least Junior level. You can then use some of those coins to trade and also check around some of the exchanges like COSS and KUCOIN, which offer up prizes for people trading volumes daily and give out prizes to traders on a monthly basis through various promotions.
March 04, 2018, 12:37:02 PM
lol yea I sort of had a secret motive when i started this thread lol i was researching about these signature campaigns.

Wow i can't believe how much info i got so fast. thanks for all your help. much appreciated. Im gonna set up an Electrum wallet right now.
Activity: 244
Merit: 13
March 04, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

Matt

Yeah your correct the faucets are just wasting your time. The best way you'll is to focus in your account to rank up so that you can participate on signature campaign to earn bitcoin or you try to learn about trading. For now on just read and read so you can learn more about cryptocurrency.
Merit: 13
March 04, 2018, 12:22:40 PM
Best to use your own wallet than the likes of coinbase as they charge you to withdraw your funds. With your own wallet you have sole access as long as you do not give the keys to anyone.
Pages:
Jump to: