Pages:
Author

Topic: New to Crypto, Any Advice? - page 9. (Read 2386 times)

copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
May 22, 2018, 06:39:52 PM
I would advise you learn all you can before investing if you must invest. But i can assure you that its an interesting and exciting space filled with unthinkable creativity and innovations.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 22, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
One of the first rules of any kind of trading is not to invest more than you can afford to lose. Even though the outlook for Bitcoin is overwhelmingly positive, the fact remains that the cryptocurrency market is extremely volatile, with large gains and losses happening in a matter of minutes. So, instead of putting the majority of your savings onto a trading platform, start with a small percentage - perhaps maximum of 10%. This should allow you enough money to play around with, but not so much that you will spend years playing catchup if you make a wrong move or the whole enterprise goes belly-up. Especially as a beginner, it's important to realise that you are going to make losses until you learn the hard way what not to do, so make sure those losses are manageable.
Activity: 36
May 22, 2018, 04:47:21 PM
Even I don't follow my own rules sometimes but what 4 years of Crypto trading taught me is never sell below what you have bought unless you need cash to do something else.

And never sell all of a coin when it increases. Sometimes you think a 50% increase in a day is a bubble but it isn't. If you want to take profit, sell like 75% of it but always leave some portion because it may continue going to the moon.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
May 22, 2018, 04:47:04 PM
Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt

Just don't get FOMOd by any type of coin. And make sure you don't cry on the money you have lost in crypto.
Activity: 36
May 22, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
The first and simplest mindset that people latch onto is dead wrong.

"It's going up, I better buy a whole bunch and sell that when it's done going up!" Nope, nope nope. Sell a portion of what you already bought when it was low.

"It's going down, I better sell everything and buy it back when it's done going down!" Nope, nope nope. Keep some cash on the sidelines to buy when it goes down. Not sell.
Activity: 46
May 22, 2018, 04:45:25 PM
Don't buy coins on Coinbase, link you bank account and buy using bank transfer on GDAX.
Activity: 48
May 22, 2018, 04:44:13 PM
The first big cryptocurrecny push will be in the purchasing sector. Therfore, buy Dash and hold. Dash is the ONLY top 10 coin that is geared toward the purchasing sector that can also scale on chain without governance problems. Expect to see $5,000 Dash in a few years from now. Evan Duffield is Satoshi.
Activity: 50
May 22, 2018, 04:42:58 PM
Buy because you believe in the technology and the team and the community. not because someone on reddit or youtube mentioned it
Buy SafeCoins (BTC, LTC,ETH) and Mid-Risk Coins (DASH, BTS, ANS, XRP, ETC...) you know the top 20 coins.
Don't buy ICO as if you know shit
Buy during US / CHN Market hrs, more volume more dips and highs
Don't be an idiot and think you know how to day trade
Buy for the long term (it's not 3 mths/6mths. it's 3 years or 5 years )
Don't buy all at once. Phase out ur buy wkly/mthly. e.g. i want to invest 30% on whatever coin into my portfolio. put in 5% 6 times over 1/2 mth period. put in more during dips. i know you just started and you want to get in in the action quick. but do take this time to understand this market cause its fucked up
Be Brave and HODL when shit gets bad
Learn how to use a Wallet
Dont Buy shit coins
Always use 2 Factor Security
It's okay to buy and sell reading the news and picking up whats trending
Don't Invest in what you can't lose
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
May 22, 2018, 02:21:01 PM
first of all you should sit down at your computer and read whatever you see about crypto world. secondly look at cmc top 100 companies and try to find any company like them for invest your money from the beginning. that's it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
May 22, 2018, 01:58:23 PM
The singular best piece of advice I can give to you is get well versed in the knowledge of this industry prior to hopping into a bunch of coins. That way you will know what is happening and why it is happening rather than playing a pure guessing game. Sure you could win at guessing in chess or you could master the game and win strategically. Same goes for crypto, don't be the lucky guess fellow, be the strategically inclined fellow.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 01:20:12 PM
I am not new to crypto but it is not so much time that I am in crypto with the crypto strategies of crypto earning. My first approach for the cryptocurrency eaning with this site where I was starting my initial steps with the crypto idea in the crypto marketplace. The needed of the whole initial
approaches for the crypto related problem and solution are in the section of beginners and helps where anyone gets every problem's solution in a short time. In the section of bitcoin discussion is the main place where the discussion takes place about every aspect of the bitcoin-related topic. Those who are new as a newbie here should follow the steps to work with crypto here.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
May 22, 2018, 01:03:11 PM
Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt
better to read more article about bitcoin and try to read some thread here in bitcointalk forum to see what are the do and donts for being a member of bounty campaigns.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 10:12:16 AM
Investing into cryptocurrency is a good thing but Investors need to learn alot. Some of the things to take note include:
1)- the returns can be massive.
2)-Liquidity
3)- Never invest what you can't afford to lose
4)-Transparency
5)- Security
6)- don't be greedy
7)- always do research before investing in any coins.

Always keep your wallet details safe and store offline.

Investing in cryptocurrencies involves taking risk. markets are volatile. moreso,  they are still a great opportunity for anyone interested in investing. Treat them as you would any investment and please do your own research.
Activity: 6
May 13, 2018, 09:20:03 AM
                                                  #CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING TERMS AND MEANING:

*1. Alt-coins: Alternate cryptocurrency that is any cryptocurrency other than bitcoin*

*2. ASHDRAKED: A situation where you lost all your money.*

*3. Bag Holder = A person who buys and hold coins in large quantity hoping to make good
profits in the future.*

*4. Bear/Bearish = Negative price movement*

*5. BTFD = Buy The Fucking Dip (an indication to buy a coin when it has dumped so hard)*
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
May 13, 2018, 09:13:23 AM
Again, do not waste your time on faucets, once you've earned buy other currencies, and start investing, work on your money, money won't work for you so I'd suggest to stop on working on faucets, its a great decision for a kicksrarter, and since you are in this forum it is also great to be active and learn more, this forum is helpful and will give you a lot more knowledge to know what to do with your HODLings.

Try to become more literate on making investments, joining ICOs and joining various campaigns like sigs, bounties, social media campaigns and airdrops, avoid getting scammed since it can be a big waste of time, and will also waste your money. Secure your wallet, your keys, store it on a safe place, avoid getting hacked, since you are new to crypto, you'll be getting instances wherein some anonymous person will offer you big time deals, just remember that passwords, addresses are not necessary that you give it, do not expect that these deals or offerings are real, take time to research, and explore if it really is legitimate.
Activity: 97
May 13, 2018, 08:59:37 AM
Learning about crypto is the best option for new crypto users. If you don't understand about crypto there is no chance to gain a good profit or success. After learning about crypto there might be a chance to have success.
Activity: 368
Merit: 107
May 13, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
The Faucets was once popular. That's what it means to say online income at that time. You got a new way to leave the old concept. The forum has a great learning program for you to understand. Here you know a lot more then. It will not take time to earn, there is a chance to earn income here. Follow traders. It is possible to earn on their way.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
May 13, 2018, 08:49:00 AM
I think doing faucet and airdrop is totally wasting time not worth. For beginner you should read more and dont try to trade. Or if you dont have a lot bucks for investing in bitcoin you may do bounty job. Like social media bounty and signature.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2018, 08:41:25 AM
If someone new to crypto then I suggest them to choose Bitcoin among other crypto because bitcoin is more trusted and user then other crypto and it is also accepted in many country and trade by many online retailer. If someone want secure income with crypto then they will start signature campaign job or bounty campaigns because these job are easy to do and trusted. Beginner should not try investment because crypto currency are volatile in nature and their market price is not stable. Beginner's can also try faucet, mining, trading etc in order earn cryptocurrency.  Wink
Activity: 108
May 13, 2018, 04:38:01 AM
You are welcome in crypto world you join airdrop and free token and you participate bounty for more income
Pages:
Jump to: