Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 111. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 384
Merit: 103
What people don't get is people fucking love XBY nodes because they know they can earn service fees later with them from Daaps so potentially long term have a great source of income.

The other thing they dont get is now circulating supply once every one scrambles for these nodes will only be 100m!!!! So a Marketcap of 100m would now mean each XBY is 1$ which means EVERYONE WHO BUYS NOW GONNA BE RICH!!! Even a fucking market cap of 10m means XBY will be $.10 which is about 7 times the current price!!! Fuck me this coin gonna win big.

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I agree with PTowner that xfuel release is an indirect way of diluting initial shares. the most obvious case to be made is the fact I can use xfuel for part of an XBY node

Regardless how you'd like to word it or justify it, the shares are definitely being indirectly diluted

I get what you are saying I really do and it was my initial concern. But firstly you got to balance that with the project will now be funded properly and we are at such a low MC anyway the potential moves XBY will make eventually is insignificant. But this is what you are missing..

Yes if Xfuel is used fro nodes then it technically can mean more XBY would be in circulation and not in nodes BUT and this is a big BUT you got to get your head around. The plan is now to have MORE nodes i.e. LV3 nodes. So actually in balance the circulating supply long term actually went down not up. Try to get your head around the fact that XFuel will never be part of XBY supply. All that has happened is MORE NODES and less XBY NEEDED for the MORE NODES. So essentially you just spread XBY across more potentially smaller nodes that are more numerous.

Get back to me with more questions when you get this simple logic.  Grin

An even simpler idea. If nodes now IF DESIRED can have  a little bit of say another alt coin like DASH or ETH in the node but they made more nodes would that affect the demand for XBY?

Its like saying If another coin comes to the crypto market then it will affect the supply of XBY....nonsense.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I agree with PTowner that xfuel release is an indirect way of diluting initial shares. the most obvious case to be made is the fact I can use xfuel for part of an XBY node

Regardless how you'd like to word it or justify it, the shares are definitely being indirectly diluted
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Guys- So I read Borz statement in regards to XFUEL. He's stating that XFUEL will help the price of XBY not hurt it. Mainly because it pays devs to get work done. But isn't XFUEL literally just diluting my coins because we are adding coins to the market?

The money has to come from somewhere, my worry is all these coins on the market will just push continued selling pressure. As you can see the coin is not doing well in the market.

CONCERNED XBY OWNER

No. The target amount of XBY in circulation after development is 100 million. The XFUEL will not just be used to pay for all the development and marketing work that needs to be done, it also will go towards expanding the STATIC network. You will see much better what is happening here this week as we continue to roll out information.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, we understand it is difficult to see at this stage. But, continue to be patient and you will see what this man is building for the crypto world.

Dave

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Guys- So I read Borz statement in regards to XFUEL. He's stating that XFUEL will help the price of XBY not hurt it. Mainly because it pays devs to get work done. But isn't XFUEL literally just diluting my coins because we are adding coins to the market?

The money has to come from somewhere, my worry is all these coins on the market will just push continued selling pressure. As you can see the coin is not doing well in the market.

CONCERNED XBY OWNER
Activity: 345
Merit: 105
Again, thank you all!  It means everything to me.

We have exciting things planned this week and beyond that will lead us to where we want to be.   
Activity: 139
Merit: 10

MARKETING TEAM LEADER

We are happy to announce that over the last couple of days we have had a new team working in the background, sharing some ideas on Slack and otherwise brainstorming several more robust ideas. Now that they are ready to start revealing some of the up coming events for the future growth of XTRABYTES, it is with great pleasure that I introduce our new Marketing Team Leader!

@enki has been a strong, vocal leader with our Slack for quite some time and has shown highly professional ability with writing and editing. He is 100% committed to the success of our XTRABYTES Community and I believe he will do an excellent job leading the rest of the marketing team and community members who choose to participate in all the things we have in store.

Thank you Enki, for taking the lead on this task!

On behalf of myself, the Board and the Community,

Welcome to the TEAM!

Dave and Zoltan  

I have watched Enki from his first post here and how he started asking professional questions about XBY and to be point that he became grounded a team.

He has been around to defend and answer questions here about XBY even when CCRev and others are not yet available to response to some questions.

Really, he has put all interest into this project from the first time he came on board.

Therefore, I support Enki selection to be a marketing team lead by reason of history and effort invested.

Though I am not always on slack to see your contribution there, yet, from all I have observed on bitcointalk...... You deserve this new position.

I am ready to work with you and the team to spread the XBY news anytime and any day.

Congratulation Enki!
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Good choice with Enki, he is very genuine.
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
Congratulations Enki!
Borz and Dave have done well with their decisions and so is yours!!
Welcome!!
Activity: 210
Enki is a great choice. Congrats man.  Smiley
Activity: 443
Merit: 107
Congrats Enki, can't wait to see this marketing push get off the ground and let XBY finally spread it's wings to take off.
Activity: 53
Congrats Enki!!  Smiley
Activity: 30
Welcome aboard Enki!
Activity: 7
Congratulations Enki!
Activity: 345
Merit: 105
Thank you!  It is an honor!

Big things to come...stay posted everyone.
Activity: 38
Welcome Enki! This is awesome!
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Awesome, great choice! Started strong and I respect that.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255

MARKETING TEAM LEADER

We are happy to announce that over the last couple of days we have had a new team working in the background, sharing some ideas on Slack and otherwise brainstorming several more robust ideas. Now that they are ready to start revealing some of the up coming events for the future growth of XTRABYTES, it is with great pleasure that I introduce our new Marketing Team Leader!

@enki has been a strong, vocal leader with our Slack for quite some time and has shown highly professional ability with writing and editing. He is 100% committed to the success of our XTRABYTES Community and I believe he will do an excellent job leading the rest of the marketing team and community members who choose to participate in all the things we have in store.

Thank you Enki, for taking the lead on this task!

On behalf of myself, the Board and the Community,

Welcome to the TEAM!

Dave and Zoltan 

Activity: 182
yeah, this was not really abou xfuel at all.

What I ment is, when split is announced, if there is possibility to have unsplitted node, or I will be forced to split it (or it will be done automatically).
And if that unsplitted node will be "higher" or "lower" ranked Wink

I know it's too detailed maybe, but those are things on my mind.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
3. The person decides to set up a larger and more powerful VPS - result is further decentralization and more income potential for them.

Thanks
quoted one option.

Is split a must? Can static owner owns "not-splitted" node eg. "bigger" one than splitted ones? eg. more powerfull tho?

I will have to get an answer for that from Borz.  Thank you!

OK, so after discussion, here is what we can say for now:

1. We will never force anyone to do anything. We don't make XFUEL mandatory to put in STATICS and we don't make it MANDATORY to buy. It will sell itself.

2. We will never force anyone to spend more money to get extra servers. But, the trust index of a server that has 1 STATIC is higher and therefore earns more rewards. But there are many factors that influence the trust index, such as: better hardware, high quality internet connection, old stable IP, lots of uptime and many other things.

More details about how all this will work is going to be revealed over time and of course we will have all details available when registration opens again. The system that Borz is setting up is self balancing in every possible way for the best interest of the XTRABYTES community and the XBY network itself.

Thank you again for your great questions.

Personally, I would use a VPS service like this for the Statics: https://www.vultr.com/

I have never had any issues with them.  And there are a bunch of options, OS, Memory allocations to choose from.  If the amount of income from a STATIC is good enough, (and I'm thinking that it will be) it would make sense to choose the absolute best server that would serve the needs of the platform the best.

Not making XFUEL mandatory is a good idea. Let the market determine the price, just like any other token or coin.
Jump to: