Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 112. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255
3. The person decides to set up a larger and more powerful VPS - result is further decentralization and more income potential for them.

Thanks
quoted one option.

Is split a must? Can static owner owns "not-splitted" node eg. "bigger" one than splitted ones? eg. more powerfull tho?

I will have to get an answer for that from Borz.  Thank you!

OK, so after discussion, here is what we can say for now:

1. We will never force anyone to do anything. We don't make XFUEL mandatory to put in STATICS and we don't make it MANDATORY to buy. It will sell itself.

2. We will never force anyone to spend more money to get extra servers. But, the trust index of a server that has 1 STATIC is higher and therefore earns more rewards. But there are many factors that influence the trust index, such as: better hardware, high quality internet connection, old stable IP, lots of uptime and many other things.

More details about how all this will work is going to be revealed over time and of course we will have all details available when registration opens again. The system that Borz is setting up is self balancing in every possible way for the best interest of the XTRABYTES community and the XBY network itself.

Thank you again for your great questions.

3. The person decides to set up a larger and more powerful VPS - result is further decentralization and more income potential for them.

Thanks
quoted one option.

Is split a must? Can static owner owns "not-splitted" node eg. "bigger" one than splitted ones? eg. more powerfull tho?

I will have to get an answer for that from Borz.  Thank you!

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Thanks
quoted one option.

STATIC owners will probably have to signal a majority threshold (maybe something like 95% like with SegWit back in July/August).

Also more than one node can be run on a machine, so probably not.
is running more nodes on one machine really good idea in general?

No, its not the best idea because it does not help us to further decentralize. That said, if someone decides not to, we do not become more centralized because only the node split and since it remains on the same server there is no other measurable effect. Although this has not yet been mentioned by Borz, it will not surprise me to see a fee % reduction factor for STATICS that are on the same server/computer as another. This of course will motivate people to taking the time to set up another server.

That said, here are a couple different scenarios we have already identified after a split:

1. The person decides to sell or break one of the STATICS, thus freeing the coins and STATIC for someone else to set up - result is further decentralization.
2. The person decides to set up an additional low cost VPS ( options exist for less than $10/year ) - result is further decentralization.

We encourage everyone to have only 1 local STATIC per machine in their house and otherwise to use VPS. This is the most logical and powerful solution. There are several options available for VPS and this is undoubtedly the most cost effective way to utilize the XTRABYTES STATIC system. Why bother paying the electricity/maintenance costs and having to monitor your STATICS to be online 24/7 when you simply take the time to set up the VPS?

Thank you for the great question!

Activity: 443
Merit: 107
Really excited for this project, what is being built here is genuinely ground breaking.

It's security is 51% attack proof and even quantum resistant while being flexible enough to upgrade as advances in technology are made.

It's transaction speed is near instantaneous which is incredible for mainstream adoption and real world use cases.

It's platform is extremely flexible allowing drag and drop Dapps in all popular programming languages unlike many other platforms. ICO's can be launched directly from it with simplicity.

It has a built in DEX in the form of X-Change, instant messaging and many other features on the core platform.

X-Vault for secure decentralised data storage.

Seriously this is the most undervalued project I have ever seen, it does everything and not only does it just do everything but it does it better than the competition who only focus in one single area, it's crazy.
STATIC owners will probably have to signal a majority threshold (maybe something like 95% like with SegWit back in July/August).

is running more nodes on one machine really good idea in general?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
This is the project i am really looking forward to. I know there are people who don't believe that this project will succeed but regardless, I will continue support this coin/project. I really believe that this coin has a great future. Borz is a genius and together with CCrev and the rest of the team and the community, everyone will take this project to the next level. Breakthrough is near. Hop on!

Great to have you on board and thank you for your full support!  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 252

id be willing to donate some XBY, I dont have any BTC though.

I sold some XBY in order to donate some BTC to the marketing fund. It will help me in the end so why not? Thanks for your consideration to the cause!

This was my same thought process.  Marketing to the wider crypto audience is important.  Many people really have no idea what XTRABYTES even is.  I'd like to be able to point someone to a well known website.  It's just much more professional that way.  XBY is still relatively unheard of and/or talked about in the crypto-space.  And these ICO's get massive attention.  And . . they end up paying for it.  Why?  Because it benefits them in the long run.

XTRABYTES can make its way out of the "unknown" and this is one of the many steps to see that come to fruition.  Website is up.  Non-tech WP is out.  Now, as its been said before, the next step is getting people aware
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
excited for next round of node registration. hope to setup 2/3 level 1 nodes.
Activity: 210
Currently there are 3584 STATICS coming available. After the community decides to split the network (when the price is too high for transferring of nodes at affordable levels) this first split will result in the same amount of coins being in 7168 STATICS and when the price again rises too high, the community will again decide to split, resulting in the same amount of coins being in 14,336 STATICS and so on... This is an infinitely scale-able network, but the coin supply will remain the same.

What if owner of the static does not want to have split?
Will he be forced to?
Will he need to buy another hardware/VPS because of split?

How it will be handled?

Currently there are 3584 STATICS coming available. After the community decides to split the network (when the price is too high for transferring of nodes at affordable levels) this first split will result in the same amount of coins being in 7168 STATICS and when the price again rises too high, the community will again decide to split, resulting in the same amount of coins being in 14,336 STATICS and so on... This is an infinitely scale-able network, but the coin supply will remain the same.

What if owner of the static does not want to have split?
Will he be forced to?
Will he need to buy another hardware/VPS because of split?

How it will be handled?
Activity: 34
This is the project i am really looking forward to. I know there are people who don't believe that this project will succeed but regardless, I will continue support this coin/project. I really believe that this coin has a great future. Borz is a genius and together with CCrev and the rest of the team and the community, everyone will take this project to the next level. Breakthrough is near. Hop on!
Activity: 38

I sold some XBY in order to donate some BTC to the marketing fund. It will help me in the end so why not? Thanks for your consideration to the cause!
Activity: 307

PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN

As mentioned in my previous post, we have a marketing team preparing several different projects to be released in the coming days. This is a very important time for XTRABYTES because we have released a wealth of information (more to come) and with the current market conditions surrounding Bitcoin, we have a very good window to showcase people in the crypto world that XBY is a place they should consider when they exit Bitcoin en route to alts.

Starting yesterday, the guys opened up a donation address so that people can contribute to the upcoming campaigns. They are targeting several of the top news and information outlets and of course this can cost money to get on some of these venues.

The donation address for the upcoming promotional campaigns, by the Marketing Team lead by @enki is: 1HZuLd66s8DTWX8LQFwocKkCkiKaiqpgPe

Anyone wishing to help with this can send some BTC and they are putting it to great use with press releases and other promotions across the wider cryptosphere! Thank you to Enki and the rest of the TEAM.

Great work guys!

My best wishes to Enki and the entire marketing team. This donation would get us in CoinTelegraph, Bitcoinnews, The Merkle, and Bitcoinist.

any news about the level 1 static node openings?

All 3 levels will open with fees explained as soon as the deposit wallet has had the necessary adjustments completed.

Thank you for your interest!

Activity: 406
any news about the level 1 static node openings?
Activity: 392

PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN

As mentioned in my previous post, we have a marketing team preparing several different projects to be released in the coming days. This is a very important time for XTRABYTES because we have released a wealth of information (more to come) and with the current market conditions surrounding Bitcoin, we have a very good window to showcase people in the crypto world that XBY is a place they should consider when they exit Bitcoin en route to alts.

Starting yesterday, the guys opened up a donation address so that people can contribute to the upcoming campaigns. They are targeting several of the top news and information outlets and of course this can cost money to get on some of these venues.

The donation address for the upcoming promotional campaigns, by the Marketing Team lead by @enki is: 1HZuLd66s8DTWX8LQFwocKkCkiKaiqpgPe

Anyone wishing to help with this can send some BTC and they are putting it to great use with press releases and other promotions across the wider cryptosphere! Thank you to Enki and the rest of the TEAM.

Great work guys!

My best wishes to Enki and the entire marketing team. This donation would get us in CoinTelegraph, Bitcoinnews, The Merkle, and Bitcoinist.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I accept XBY/XFUEL
Hi! Post your XFUEL address in the channel #xfueltrading in the Slack.  Good to see you Sanchoni25. 

Done! Thank you mate, good to see you 2  Cool Very exciting to see how far XBY has come in half a year already  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
You need to log in and post your address... this info is in the Slack!

In which channel? #xby-public-chat or in one of the newly created for XFUEL?

Thanks for your help, CCR  Smiley

Hi! Post your XFUEL address in the channel #xfueltrading in the Slack.  Good to see you Sanchoni25. 

How can we earn XFUEL? In the slack 47 people already got sent some from bikerleszno but why?  Smiley

Airdrop?  Grin

These people have earned it by being part of our Slack Community for the last several months and being patient, contributing to ideas and many other aspects. Now, they are participating in the first transactions which also helps Borz monitor how the chain is doing. Soon, we will do another smaller promotion for NEW members of Slack. We will open the Slack again as soon as we have the first 100 legacy members with their first 1000 XFUEL.

Thank you!

I'm in XBY and in the slack since May  Tongue

Same here... been with XBY since April/ May or somewhere around that time.... What did I miss? What can I do..?

If you are in the Slack, there is a channel called #xfueltrading.  Link to the wallet is in the Slack, or you can find it on the XTRABYTES Github.  Download the XFUEL wallet and then post your address in the #xfueltrading channel.
Activity: 399
Merit: 251
How can we earn XFUEL? In the slack 47 people already got sent some from bikerleszno but why?  Smiley

Airdrop?  Grin

These people have earned it by being part of our Slack Community for the last several months and being patient, contributing to ideas and many other aspects. Now, they are participating in the first transactions which also helps Borz monitor how the chain is doing. Soon, we will do another smaller promotion for NEW members of Slack. We will open the Slack again as soon as we have the first 100 legacy members with their first 1000 XFUEL.

Thank you!

I'm in XBY and in the slack since May  Tongue

Same here... been with XBY since April/ May or somewhere around that time.... What did I miss? What can I do..?
Jump to: