Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 161. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 10
The rate of steady is awesome. Some FUDders calls us cheerleaders bcoz of envy. Yet, we don't mind bcoz we have faith in the tech and the developers.

More good news ahead for XBY lovers.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Nice solid growth phase during this testing period. A lot of confidence and excitment in the XBY community.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
Many people have been saying it for a long time, be patient and have faith in the tech  Cheesy
Looks like that's finally coming true
because the best isn't created in one night Wink but this is too fast i don't have any btc for buying more XtraBYtes.
However of course this (testnet, price and other new stuff) is good thing we have waiting this for months.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Many people have been saying it for a long time, be patient and have faith in the tech  Cheesy
Looks like that's finally coming true
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yes I see the support to buy strengthen, it's good sign for the next few days!
All is possible...  Wink
Long life XBY
Activity: 260
Merit: 217
its been a while since i checked, last time it was 300 sat give or take, now this? impressive, good updates!

Of course, and this is only the beginning. Price will be 1k sat by September.
Activity: 260
Merit: 217
Yes, the price is steadily rising
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
We hit 700 on cryptopia a moment ago. Congrats! Smiley

1000 sat coming Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
We hit 700 on cryptopia a moment ago. Congrats! Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Guys i have a question.
I'm running the test Xtrabytes client, however i have all my XBY on C-CEX.
Is it safe to transfer my XBY from C-CEX to the test-wallet or should i wait for the final official one?

Hey Niklasmato ,

Do not transfer your XBY to the Wallet Test !
We test XBY with COINSTEST.
Rule144 will make a TEST COINS transfer on your Wallet Test.
You will be notified as soon as a new test session starts and you will receive your test coins at that time.
The test is free, never transfer your real coins in the Wallet Test

The latest live XTRABYTES wallet is on the ANN https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18538512

If you scroll down a bit you will find the wallet. You can download from there and install it to send your coins from C-Cex.

The TESTNET wallet is totally different and is only shared in the TESTNET group. The TESTNET wallet also very clearly indicates it is TESTNET with its background image.

Thank you!

Thanks CCR.  I think using a special background image is a good touch.  Attention is in the details  Grin
Keep up the good work everyone.
Activity: 459
This project has original idea, active community and team. I hope the price wiil not disappoint us (its
important for everyone - to be honest)  Shocked
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
its been a while since i checked, last time it was 300 sat give or take, now this? impressive, good updates!
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Guys i have a question.
Is it safe to transfer my XBY from C-CEX to the test-wallet or should i wait for the final official one?

Hey Niklasmato ,

You will be notified as soon as a new test session starts and you will receive your test coins at that time.

The latest live XTRABYTES wallet is on the ANN https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18538512

If you scroll down a bit you will find the wallet. You can download from there and install it to send your coins from C-Cex.

The TESTNET wallet is totally different and is only shared in the TESTNET group. The TESTNET wallet also very clearly indicates it is TESTNET with its background image.

Thank you!

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Yesterday, a question was raised by one of our long time members who is also with our testnet group. The question was from @securenetworker and he asked: @ccrevolution is there a way to see the signed blocks where the online nodes have signed?

I brought this up with Borz and decided it was best answered by a post here on the forum, rather than just responding inside the testnet private chat.

Answer:

At this moment, our testing has only been with the online nodes using Proof of Signature consensus. The next stage of development will be with the PULSE and VITALS, which will be the full technology behind XTRABYTES.

Currently, you can go to http://testnet.xtrabytes.global for the block explorer where it's possible to review the signed blocks. However, at this time only 1 block is signing with all blocks accepting. The final version of POSIGN will be different because current tests are ONLY being done to validate the POSIGN concept.

Therefore, what you are seeing right now is the PROOF OF CONCEPT for POSIGN with block creation and validation occurring without POW or POS.

Moving forward, a tremendous amount of testing is still required to go along with the continued development. There are many MANY goals in front of us and as we grow, more and more developers will join us to help move things forward.

We have a special story being written in these days and many people will want to be part of this new concept.

Thank you for being part of XTRABYTES!!

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Why is POSign better then POS?
Is it about the 51% attack?

A 51% attack means you need to have 51% of hash power at a specific point in time - so you can run it as a point in time/spike attack (although challenging).   To get to 51% of Posign power you need 51% of nodes - which means you are a long term investor in the coin.  The incentives to damage the network drop dramatically when you can't launch a point in time attack but have to invest $$$ in XBY first (i.e. rather than GPU's you can turn to the next coin, or ASIC's you can use on BCH/BTC).  

I don't know the specifics of the posign system and how it deals with a 51% attack from a pure coded/consensus approach, but I do recognize the attack vector is much more limited as discussed above.

For example, I have a few nodes and I have no incentive to damage the network, nor sell to someone who will.  So anyone launching an attack has a more limited attack vector (trying to buy my  nodes, vs just buying GPU's in bulk).

Actually I'm not sure thats even possible. This needs confirmation but even if you owned 90% of nodes you couldn't attack the network. Even one node would let the system run I think as tampered ones would simply be blacklisted and don't hold any coins anyway.
Guys i have a question.

Hey Niklasmato ,

Activity: 173

A 51% attack means you need to have 51% of hash power at a specific point in time - so you can run it as a point in time/spike attack (although challenging).   To get to 51% of Posign power you need 51% of nodes - which means you are a long term investor in the coin.  The incentives to damage the network drop dramatically when you can't launch a point in time attack but have to invest $$$ in XBY first (i.e. rather than GPU's you can turn to the next coin, or ASIC's you can use on BCH/BTC).  

I don't know the specifics of the posign system and how it deals with a 51% attack from a pure coded/consensus approach, but I do recognize the attack vector is much more limited as discussed above.

For example, I have a few nodes and I have no incentive to damage the network, nor sell to someone who will.  So anyone launching an attack has a more limited attack vector (trying to buy my  nodes, vs just buying GPU's in bulk).
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
Guys i have a question.

Activity: 800
Merit: 502
Jump to: