Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 156. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The transaction feee is set to 50 XBytes. Does this mean that the price of XBytes will never reach $1 as each transaction would cost like $50?
What am I missing here?

The fee will scale down as the price rises. It's not going to be 50 forever. Borz was already doing some testing on dynamic scaling fees and trust factors, e.g. zero fees for 'friends' on the network.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
The transaction feee is set to 50 XBytes. Does this mean that the price of XBytes will never reach $1 as each transaction would cost like $50?
What am I missing here?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Can we get some official posting about the state of the masternodes? I see alot of questions on it and i'm frankly very confused by it myself.  There are some nodes that cost 500K and some that will cost 250k? However you have to pay 100K to buy a 500k node? Also something about 500k nodes that are broken and need to be auctioned off?? I also saw something about the 250k being potentially to earn more than the 500k node?   Alot of info floating around and hard to make sense of it.  I hope someone can condense it at some point.

500k nodes are Level 1 nodes and Level 2 nodes have not been revealed yet (but they probably cost 250k). If any level 1 nodes are broken then their space will get auctioned (because there is a max of 512 Level 1 nodes). Anyone saying level 2 nodes will earn more than the level 1 nodes are making things up because common sense would not allow that to happen. The 100k fee for buying broken nodes will get split between current Level 1 owners

Ok, an interesting concept.  But who will facilitate the auction? Will the board be the arbiters?  I think the reason major buying hasn't started is b/c some of these concepts are still unclear and info doesn't seem to be readily available.
Is there only 460 nodes now. How do they allocate the remaining to reach 512 nodes first?
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Can we get some official posting about the state of the masternodes? I see alot of questions on it and i'm frankly very confused by it myself.  There are some nodes that cost 500K and some that will cost 250k? However you have to pay 100K to buy a 500k node? Also something about 500k nodes that are broken and need to be auctioned off?? I also saw something about the 250k being potentially to earn more than the 500k node?   Alot of info floating around and hard to make sense of it.  I hope someone can condense it at some point.

500k nodes are Level 1 nodes and Level 2 nodes have not been revealed yet (but they probably cost 250k). If any level 1 nodes are broken then their space will get auctioned (because there is a max of 512 Level 1 nodes). Anyone saying level 2 nodes will earn more than the level 1 nodes are making things up because common sense would not allow that to happen. The 100k fee for buying broken nodes will get split between current Level 1 owners

Ok, an interesting concept.  But who will facilitate the auction? Will the board be the arbiters?  I think the reason major buying hasn't started is b/c some of these concepts are still unclear and info doesn't seem to be readily available.

Activity: 434
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
As an investor, I am optimistic about the XBY's new technology (POSign, Vitals,etc . ..) and put my trust on the developers. However, I genuinely would like to know the criticisms against it if they are out there.  The technology is "experimental" after all, so I cannot discount if it might be a chimeric dream or if there is some big hurdle that the tests and simulations will reveal.  On the other hand, reassurances that tests and simulations are promising and everything is going according to plan would help cement my faith in XBY.

I guess you can call it a weakness but long term I think it could be the making of XBY....what im talking about is the fact we didnt have a bot ICO so we arent well known and the path to getting know these days is to have a big ICO. Also with that we dont have the funds for big pr campaigns.

As you said its experimental but really everything in crypto is experimental that is innovative. We arent open source yet and also we only have one real core coder and visionary even though he gets help. Truth is most big ICOs  only really have 1 or 2 real core coders as the rest are support...pr etc.

My hunch is as much of the work has been done in a very short time period then once open source some wrinkles might need to be ironed out by other fresh developer eyes on the code....but this is conjecture based on nothing really as the developer seems very serious and experienced.

Yes.  Most have a couple core core developers.  The cool thing, is that once the code is open source, other devs will want to check out the code.  I think once we are open source, we can show the world the github, there will be no way to even a bit skeptical of what is going on here.  I consider myself quite blessed to be here early. 

Marketing push is starting soon, and I will do what I can (either writing articles on steemit, medium, utilizing social media, talking with other investors, etc) to help get eyes and ears on XBY.  That is literally the only thing holding back price.  Most of us here already know the potential, and we are holding tight.  New investors are needed.  New eyes.  New writers, bloggers, public relations people, twitter people, new eyes on the ANN, etc)  The upcoming website will be a great place to send people that ask about it.  I'm looking forward to future developments.
Over 1400 slack members Smiley we are growing pretty fast Wink

Yeah, it is pretty insane.  Smiley
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
Over 1400 slack members Smiley we are growing pretty fast Wink
JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com
As an investor, I am optimistic about the XBY's new technology (POSign, Vitals,etc . ..) and put my trust on the developers. However, I genuinely would like to know the criticisms against it if they are out there.  The technology is "experimental" after all, so I cannot discount if it might be a chimeric dream or if there is some big hurdle that the tests and simulations will reveal.  On the other hand, reassurances that tests and simulations are promising and everything is going according to plan would help cement my faith in XBY.

If you look at some previous posts by Dave, testing has been going extremely well so far with the public testnet starting soon as well. Smiley

Good news so far, and the price has remained stable meanwhile.  This might be the time to accumulate before the ascent starts (suspect it will be a sudden thing and hit when you least expect).

Yes, absolutely.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

If you look at some previous posts by Dave, testing has been going extremely well so far with the public testnet starting soon as well. Smiley

Good news so far, and the price has remained stable meanwhile.  This might be the time to accumulate before the ascent starts (suspect it will be a sudden thing and hit when you least expect).
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
The way this project is going make me want to buy lots and lots of XBY.
It was a bumpy start if i remember correctly but i always kept all my XBY and i'm very happy that i did this. 

As you said its experimental but really everything in crypto is experimental that is innovative. We arent open source yet and also we only have one real core coder and visionary even though he gets help. Truth is most big ICOs  only really have 1 or 2 real core coders as the rest are support...pr etc.

Thank you for this insight about 1&2 coders doing the real work in most ICOs.  I've frequently thought when investing in these projects that you are really betting to a large part on the key developers and their ability,  in ethereum's case it was Buterin, in STEEM/bitshares case it was Larimer,  in the XBY's case it is Borz.  May he lead us to the promised land. Not too say that the community and the marketing part is important too.

Activity: 672
Tezos reminds me of a bag of Tortilla Chips.  I just can't bring myself to invest in the project based on its name. Shallow I know. Roll Eyes

Its a little shallow to be honest yeah  Grin

Most names in crypto are pretty geeky and star trekky imo. Some didnt like Xtrabytes but i think its being warmed to now. If a project is awesome then the name starts to be accepted even if its not great....i personally think ethereum is a horrible name.

I guess you can call it a weakness but long term I think it could be the making of XBY....what im talking about is the fact we didnt have a bot ICO so we arent well known and the path to getting know these days is to have a big ICO. Also with that we dont have the funds for big pr campaigns.

My hunch is as much of the work has been done in a very short time period then once open source some wrinkles might need to be ironed out by other fresh developer eyes on the code....but this is conjecture based on nothing really as the developer seems very serious and experienced.

Tezos reminds me of a bag of Tortilla Chips.  I just can't bring myself to invest in the project based on its name. Shallow I know. Roll Eyes
XBY is one of these projects where you have to wait for a relatively long (crypto) time but get huge rewards if you stick around!

Yep, once people realise what this coin is capable of I think there's going to be a lot of happy XBY holders. I'll be grabbing some more when I get paid again. Smiley

Who knows it might not take mich longer to see awareness of xby jump and correspodimg price jump even before bittrex and open source. I see absolutly no logic that we have 15m marketcap when in term of promised and planned function and specs we basically piss over everyone in crypto. I respect a lot of these big cap projects but why do silicon tech nerds wet their pants fot Tezos which got millions amd seems no more along in development than us those same people  havent even heard of Xtrabytes......that imbalance cant and wont last for much longer.

https://medium.com/@linda.xie/a-beginners-guide-to-tezos-c9618240183f
Jump to: