Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 166. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Don't get so emotional it's just numbers, 0s and 1s, didnt know that it makes you so emotional.
Act professional as like member of team should act.

Hard not to have emotions about 1s and 0s when you could have 1,000,000 vs 100 lol  Tongue

Lol, good point, I'd suppose the one doesn't matter nearly as much as the zeroes.
Activity: 345
Merit: 105
I registered for the testnet and things, now I'm wondering, will the testnet coins be distinguishable from my real coins??

Okay, you signed up, great!

Now we are waiting for the new TestWallet that will be made available.
When TestWallet is available, you download and install it.
In this TestWallet, there will be TestCoins XBY, to solicit maximum XBY network.
So, people will use another specific wallet for TESTNET with TestCoins XBY.
No risk of mixing with your real XBY parts.
TestWallet will be available when we have ideally 512 registered users for TestNet.

Everyone is invited to sign up, it's free, it is not necessary to own XBY.

If you want to see the transactions and blocks being mined by the STATIC miners, you can see from the TESTNET explorer:
http://testnet.xtrabytes.global/index.php

Again, keep in mind that we are sorting out the bugs before the PUBLIC test. This is however, our first look at the live tech!!

REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES

I believe there are a few more spots available for TESTNET.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Don't get so emotional it's just numbers, 0s and 1s, didnt know that it makes you so emotional.

Hard not to have emotions about 1s and 0s when you could have 1,000,000 vs 100 lol  Tongue
Activity: 882
Merit: 310
I dont talk about you I talk about @bikerleszno, I suppose you are from Poland, and you just delete 2 of your posts, which one of them was quite emotional, I didnt read second, because only saw that it was created on my computer than I have to do sth and now I read and these 2 posts are missing. Ok, at least you have approved that I have some point in it.
Should quote tho, because it will always stay permament.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
I am not team member so I can act as not professional and be emotional about some people that time after time come here and without reading oh so many discussions before, 154's time asking "why there is no white paper", "why fees are so high" etc. With one's and zeros I am fine, with annoying people less.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
You can participate in testnet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
btw am i getting right, that static node now costs about 12k usd ? 500k xby as deposit which not belongs to node operator as it's locked there?
sorry for that kind of question, problbly not reading so carefully ... Wink

I'm not sure about USD price, but it's actually ~600k xby for lvl 1 nodes. There is a 100k fee (which you can't get back) on top of 500k (that you can sell anytime by breaking the node) plus 100xby for the transactions. There will also be lvl 2 nodes which should be ~250k each?

You can break nodes at anytime and get your 500k/250k back!

thanks, something very similar i've meant. Didn't know that node can be dismantled tho. Thanks mate
I dont knowk still when you want to have a real usage of these network with lowered XBY fees (aka tax for dev team), because we dont know this. And where is whitepaper? It's 4 months now, so it was quite a long time to make it.

It is experimental project! We said it so many times?! Whitepaper will be on the end of everything. Now tech is changing every single day.
And project with fees is so great u will like it. Just wait for official ANN about fee system Smiley

Instead of coming out with a concept first and then the whitepaper, XBY is taking an unconventional approach by coming out with a working platform and then following that up with the whitepaper.
btw am i getting right, that static node now costs about 12k usd ? 500k xby as deposit which not belongs to node operator as it's locked there?

I'm not sure about USD price, but it's actually ~600k xby for lvl 1 nodes. There is a 100k fee (which you can't get back) on top of 500k (that you can sell anytime by breaking the node) plus 100xby for the transactions. There will also be lvl 2 nodes which should be ~250k each?

You can break nodes at anytime and get your 500k/250k back!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Any news about the Yobit situation? It's been more than a month.
Activity: 15
Guys- The fees will be lowered. Dev team needs to be compensated while we get through next few phases. Long term fees are a non issue.
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
I dont knowk still when you want to have a real usage of these network with lowered XBY fees (aka tax for dev team), because we dont know this. And where is whitepaper? It's 4 months now, so it was quite a long time to make it.

It is experimental project! We said it so many times?! Whitepaper will be on the end of everything. Now tech is changing every single day.
And project with fees is so great u will like it. Just wait for official ANN about fee system Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Guys can anyone explain why the transfer fee for this coin is so high ?
is it going to change later?

Funny that you ask.  That topic is being actively discussed in the Slack right now...

That's true the fees are high at XBY.
Here's the reason:
- NO PREMINE
- NO ICO
The fees are used to fund the development of XBY and the marketing campaign that kicks off on September 4th.
As the XBY course increases, the fees will be lowered, it's announced since the beginning :-).

This should be clearly mentioned in the ANN or somewhere that what is the reason and it will change ,
I was suggesting the coin to friend and when we realized the fees are so high we almost changed our minds about buying it, because a coin with high transaction fee will hardly be usable

I completely agree.

Yeah this is really important, I can't believe this has been overlooked so far.
Ok... 18 transactions in 2,5-3 seconds by my hands Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/HrSofYS.png

What lightning network  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
Ok... 18 transactions in 2,5-3 seconds by my hands Cheesy

Funny that you ask.  That topic is being actively discussed in the Slack right now...

Here's the reason:
- NO PREMINE
- NO ICO
The fees are used to fund the development of XBY and the marketing campaign that kicks off on September 4th.
As the XBY course increases, the fees will be lowered, it's announced since the beginning :-).

This should be clearly mentioned in the ANN or somewhere that what is the reason and it will change ,
I was suggesting the coin to friend and when we realized the fees are so high we almost changed our minds about buying it, because a coin with high transaction fee will hardly be usable

I'm sure this will all be mentioned on the ANN shortly, as soon as everything is firmly established.
Activity: 6

Funny that you ask.  That topic is being actively discussed in the Slack right now...

Here's the reason:
- NO PREMINE
- NO ICO

I completely agree.
Jump to: