Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 204. (Read 371137 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Thats really weird since you are very popular in the community and everybody praises you for your work. I dont believe the board is against you for whatever reason. This should be a 1+1 -> you back in the board.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Dear Community,

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about the situation within XBY since the recent issues started.  I felt I owed it to myself and the community to, at least at a high level,  explain why I resigned from the Board at the time I did and offer my apology for my own rash actions.

Having spent a fair bit of time, blood, sweat, and tears trying to move forward the development of XBY I could not separate my emotions from the fact that both founders, preaching about family and trust and pulling together, supported CCR leaving for a month without notice due to some "trolls", leaving the Board high and dry, and then came forward and effectively called themselves the only part of the team or family that mattered.  

Fundamentally I felt lied to, that the calls for trust, loyalty and team were a lie, and my contributions didn't mean a damn bit to the founders.  For a company that preaches being built on trust this has been clearly broken not just with me but with many others  - with some people I have seen in the slack for many months now having left.  Calling it a community coin has become questionable.

This got to me emotionally, and I could not separate it effectively enough to try and push through as the other Board members did to try and find a solution.  With some distance I see my decision to quit as wrong.  I believe in what is being built here, and that the damage, and trust destroyed, can be rebuilt with hard work and time.  CCR's apology to the community evidences that a path to reconciliation exists.

While there are other interesting projects that I, and everyone, could go put effort towards, I have been here too long and believe in the mission to quit so easily.  To that extent I ask the Board to consider my request to be re-instated.  Frankly, I don't want to be a quitter and don't want to abandon the team or the community.  If my request for reinstatement is not forthcoming please know that I will still be trying to help around the XBY slack as possible.

Here's my promise to the community, next time it gets tough i'll be there trying to make it right.  i'll focus on bringing community concerns to the Board (or their members) and pushing for the right answers.

We have spent too long alienating and dividing the community, it is time to come together, compromise and build it again.  Build the contributors, believers, TEAM,  and get the excitement growing.  XBY doesn't succeed as a team of 2 founders but as a team of many contributors.

Regards,
CCN

Dear Community,

In light of the Board/CCR not contacting me since this post a week ago I can only conclude they do not want me as part of the active project.

As such I will help in the last few items that I was tasked with and then step back, just chilling in the Slack,  and looking for other projects to contribute to - maybe even an ICO.

If in the future the community wants my project management style i'll be here and ready to take up the reigns.

Many thanks, been a pleasure.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i just wait! BTC gonna rise xby gonna rise and i dont see why it shouldnt cost 1 dollar next year! i'll just wait Smiley
1$? Nah, maybe in 2-3 years time.

and I think that if there is no growth during the year, the coin lost popularity quite
To wait 2-3 years people will not. Many other projects will.
This is my opinion.

Better a slow and steady growth than a rushed and temporary one.

I think that 2-3 years of this period very large
i just wait! BTC gonna rise xby gonna rise and i dont see why it shouldnt cost 1 dollar next year! i'll just wait Smiley

and I think that if there is no growth during the year, the coin lost popularity quite
This is my opinion.

think that 2-3 years of this period very large
good luck to us all!

Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is my opinion.

This is my opinion.

Petsonally, i hodl a great amount, even if it reaches 20 cents im good for my lifetime.

This is my opinion.

This is my opinion.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is my opinion.

Activity: 210

This is my opinion.

That isn't how growth works.

This is my opinion.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
CCR- I appreciate you coming on the board and giving updates.

I have a few questions I liked to have you address as a large owner of XBY...

1- Can you give me a timeline on when the Nodes will be live?

2- Can you give me a timeline on when the whitepaper will available?

3- Can you give me a timeline on when the website will be updated?

I know i'm asking for several timelines but holders of XBY i'm sure like myself like to see progress and have an expectation on execution.

All the best,

PTOWNER
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Kaspersky found this.

Komponente:     Datei-Anti-Virus
Ergebnis:     Gefunden: Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.avmj
Objekt:     C:\users\123\Downloads\xtrabytes-qt.exe
Grund:     Lokale Datenbanken
Datenbanken vom:     31-Jul-17 4:19:00 AM

This was actually just some code from the IRC system as a result of the STaTiC nodes sending out there IP address. The virus scanner program is picking up a false positive. However, to avoid confusion for Kaspersky users, Borz will recompile with that related part of the IRC code removed.

You can download the new version when it's ready. The old version is also fine though, because again, this is not a virus.

Thank you for your understanding!

Activity: 210
Kaspersky found this.

It is just a false positive.
Activity: 72
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
I bought XBY on the C-CEX platform at the price of 1600 sat, and there it is around 400 sat for 2 months, is there is hope that the price picks up and reaches the 1600 Sat soon or else I sell to 400 sat?

Sell it. Sell at 400 sats. I will buy it from you if you want.

It's cheapest at c-cex
Activity: 521
Merit: 251
Kaspersky found this.

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

WALLET UPDATE - UPDATE!!

We had a bit of a crazy day yesterday; trying to figure out what was good, what was bad and what was stressing us out!!

The problem we faced yesterday (will be today also, until all clients are updated) is that there are 2 versions of the XBY wallet online right now. The old one has fees of 100 XBY and the new one has fees of 50 XBY. (this mix is BAD)

The transactions are safe, the wallets are fine.... (this is GOOD)

The major problem is that the network is facing serious and confusing delays because consensus is very difficult for the nodes (2 different fees expected)... (this was stressing us out Cheesy )

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WALLETS!

Chances are that people with wallets which are never online are not likely one of the network nodes (but what if you are)? We would much rather see everyone upgrade their wallets and this is especially critical if you are always online with your wallet because you could be one of the network nodes.

Simply put - this is a major update. For as long as there are client nodes (wallets) out there waiting for the 100 XBY fee, we will have delays.

Thank you for your understanding!!

Here are your update links:

Windows - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.0-win/xtrabytes-qt.exe

Mac - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.0-win/xtrabytes-Qt-OSX-v1200.dmg

Linus - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.0-win/xtrabytes-qt-linux

Activity: 299
I would like to know more about it, it seems a good project.

Join slack! Very active and community always willing to answer your questions.

https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 59
I would like to know more about it, it seems a good project.
Activity: 672
Hahaha. Yeah, FUD, especially when I was approving this project from the beginning, if when you weren't here, I just post seldom here.
I stopped to watch thread, when there was war, because it was annoying.
So yeah FUD. I don't know, but sometimes everyone here behaviour is like it was a Holy Grail, that you can't say any other point of view, than it's the best.

I can say that your project was quite successful having so big team now, funding and still nice capitalization, quite retained value, because pump here was huge (and you must say that the growth was incredible - even too incredible).
If you want to respond me - please keep minimal level of culture and knowledge. I responded as with the best knowledge I have, I don't know everything. Because response like 'STFU, noob, GTFO' won't do any impression, and I won't respond here more, if you want this ok, and won't see this thread again.
It only shows worse side of people, and if I'm trolling for you - ok, I will just go away from here

Edit: this post is mostly to users like @Fatoshi, because there are also normal people here, but some users are strange(?) a little, making such claims as 2 posts above.

Lol. Literally no one said stfu or gtfo or any insult to you or anyone else.
Activity: 672
Getting some fud. Must be a good sign.

I dont see any fud.. I think its reasonable to talk about something that bothers many.. 50xby tax sounds like a joke to me too.. no wonder why people ignore xby's existance.

People saying this project will never survive due to a fee that is temporary and is being used to help fund the project. Only a beggar would care about 50xby. The truth is xby can go to zero fees and still function perfectly in the future so people are turning what is an amazing technological achievment into something that is a problem.

Here is what is actually happening. Dumb people dumped xby to get bitcoincash and now are desperate to get back in. So they come here talking about a fee issue that doesnt exist to fud.
Jump to: