Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 205. (Read 371137 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
XBY is quietly dipping below 400 at Yobit - If you don't own any yet, now is a great time to buy.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
@up - there are some real community driven coins with free contributions almost only, with active development. But yeah, you are mostly right.

There are many contributors doing active development working for free, but of course everyone is different and some do not.
Activity: 882
Merit: 310
@up - there are some real community driven coins with free contributions almost only, with active development. But yeah, you are mostly right.
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
Guys calm down please... moment ago we had 100xby transaction fee... now it is reduced to 50 xby... value will grow transaction fee will be lower... lets hope we will make it 1 xby and it will be cheaper than btc and ltc transfers.... dont worry... it will be always good fee... we are just starting and need to get some funds for developers... who want to work for free?
Getting some fud. Must be a good sign.

I dont see any fud.. I think its reasonable to talk about something that bothers many.. 50xby tax sounds like a joke to me too.. no wonder why people ignore xby's existance.
The 50 XBY goes directly to the dev fund, currently it is the only method of funding. It is not permanent, but it is the way it has to be for now.
Hahaha. Yeah, FUD, especially when I was approving this project from the beginning, if when you weren't here, I just post seldom here.
I stopped to watch thread, when there was war, because it was annoying.
So yeah FUD. I don't know, but sometimes everyone here behaviour is like it was a Holy Grail, that you can't say any other point of view, than it's the best.

I can say that your project was quite successful having so big team now, funding and still nice capitalization, quite retained value, because pump here was huge (and you must say that the growth was incredible - even too incredible).
If you want to respond me - please keep minimal level of culture and knowledge. I responded as with the best knowledge I have, I don't know everything. Because response like 'STFU, noob, GTFO' won't do any impression, and I won't respond here more, if you want this ok, and won't see this thread again.
It only shows worse side of people, and if I'm trolling for you - ok, I will just go away from here

Edit: this post is mostly to users like @Fatoshi, because there are also normal people here, but some users are strange(?) a little, making such claims as 2 posts above.
Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I dont see any fud.. I think its reasonable to talk about something that bothers many.. 50xby tax sounds like a joke to me too.. no wonder why people ignore xby's existance.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
There is no inflation if the maximum supply is known. Ok, it can be viewed as 'inflation', but it's controlled monetary inflation, which is very healthy for market, not like CPI inflation (in fiat world).

In XBY you have deflation and maybe it sounds good - but in practice it's bad - people won't make any transaction and network will be stalled if this will progress. Besides - 650M of coins is a huge amount, so maybe there isn't inflation, but there is a lot of coins in circulation, STaTIC will decrease it over time, but still - it's a huge amount.

Just proving some rough points - you can view it as a crypto asset, but in fact it's marketed and it's in reality cryptocurrency.
Activity: 173
There's no inflation in XBY.

With other currencies the inflation is what pays node owners.  And a lot more than XBY fees charge as its a less direct fee.
Maybe BTC but I think it's even noe cheaper.

LTC have 0.1USD transaction fee. Other alts have also almost none fee or no fee. So 0.5 USD is a little high, and for now main purpose of it is that you can make transactions. Even with making only trading - withdraw and deposit costs 0.5USD which is like ETH standard, which has bloated network.
So if every transaction is 50XBY or 0.5 usd, how much did they get? 5000 USD per month? Or more?
I'm probably wrong but xtrabytes isn't going to be considered a true e-currency like btc or ltc.

It has its own technological function and service. Is the fee that big an issue for now?

It isn't an issue, but either way the fee is not going to be 50 XBY forever. There was a vote for Static Owners to decide how the fee will change when the price increases, can't remember the results though.

BTC and LTC are exclusively e-currencies as you say (that is their only purpose), and they are what, $2 per TX?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I'm probably wrong but xtrabytes isn't going to be considered a true e-currency like btc or ltc.

It has its own technological function and service. Is the fee that big an issue for now?
Yeah you get everything right. This system to function is very costy - 50XBY is a really high fee for transfer funds. If it won't be below 1XBY this coin will never got a massive popularity.
A month or 2 ago when valuation was 20M USD transfer cost 3USD - and it was a joke. It was more expesive than LTC and almost like BTC, but network isn't in any usage at all.

i agree...so maybe it has to be a percentage, like 0.5% or 1% per transaction...
I hope it will changed in the future!

The fee is not going to be 50 XBY forever, that is ridiculous. It is only that high right now as a means to fund development, it will lower once the price increases.
Activity: 84
Yeah you get everything right. This system to function is very costy - 50XBY is a really high fee for transfer funds. If it won't be below 1XBY this coin will never got a massive popularity.
A month or 2 ago when valuation was 20M USD transfer cost 3USD - and it was a joke. It was more expesive than LTC and almost like BTC, but network isn't in any usage at all.

i agree...so maybe it has to be a percentage, like 0.5% or 1% per transaction...

I think we need to ask Borzalom.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

It seems to me that if XBY will not be until Jan-March more expensive it will be not interested at all.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hello,
i'm really fan and support this coin from the beginning, thanks to the developpers and team, keep the good work Wink

Just one thing i don't understand correctly : how the fee are applied?
because even if it's 50 XBY now, how it works?
i made a transfer of 100 xby and si i'll pay 50 xby for fee? if yes, it's really expensive i think...about 0.5$ right now, and so the price of XBY will never reach 1$ or more because it will be 50$ for fees Huh?

May be there is something i didn't get...
A reminder that you will need to update your XtraBYtes wallet if you wish to transfer funds after block 150k.
https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases

Up to date wallet links can be found on the link above or on the first page of this ANN

Well. Written there:
 "XtraBYtes V1.2.0.0 Windows-Linux PreRelease are unfinished and highly experimental. Use at your own risk."
Jump to: