Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 76. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0
It is a pity that the coin can not be mined. I would love to do it. I think that the costs would be paid back

The thing about mining is that it generally becomes less profitable and energy efficient as time goes on.

Yes, it seems to me that in the future there will be other technologies for the extraction of coins. Maybe even those that offer this project
Activity: 414
Merit: 100
I think that by the New Year the developers will have a pleasant surprise for us. I have high hopes for this coin. I bought a coin for longevity
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
In XBY we trust
To board.

Xtrabytes really needs to stop this we won't ever give dates nonsense. Any project must at least give regular updates and really a very rough timescale. Even if it's experimental projects should be able to say very rough time scales like 2018 Q4 or Summer 2018 or this will take 3-6months etc or just the year! even if it's not met then at least people know it's not next week and can plan their investments etc.

Maybe I could of accepted it if there wasn't constant carrot and stick of nodes are just around the corner or coming soon and they don't or people should buy now wink wink for nodes. You just can't blame people for getting frustrated in that situation. That kind of messaging is not the receivers fault but the senders. Time for people to grow up a bit and take some responsibility that situations are being caused by them and them alone.

Thanks for your comment kubricktrader.  Rest assured, there are some very good things in the works.  I know, I know, you guys have heard it all before.  I've been around since basically the beginning.  And I am still very much excited  to be a part of XTRABYTES.  
That said, just stick around a little bit longer.

TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.

This is still a huge advantage to other coins and their versions of nodes. Even IF the system is in-development.  The draw and potential is there.  Hence, why I believe that many STATIC node holders (myself included) are very excited about this prospect.  

I also agree with Fatoshi that many of these so-called Masternode coins will all but be gone in a few years time.  I actually think it is less than that.  It's the new flavor-of-the-month in crypto.

If you are so confident about this, along with yankeeruinx then this bodes well. I bought some XBY back and will hold.

I appreciate that Gar.  Thank you.  There is a huge amount of potential here, just a matter of getting it channeled.  Think of where we were 6 months ago.  XBY was an idea about decentralized storage.  In the span of that 6 months, we have had nodes registered, nodes broken, alliances, departures, anger, resentment, elation.  It was announced that XBY is much more than storage.  That storage would be one thing (a module) along with a host of others.  A DEX was planned.

XFUEL was created during this time.  Testnet was started.  Board member left. More came on.  There was a litany of FUD.  777 was introduced.  

Transaction fees were lowered by a vote from STATIC owners.  And now that I understand the roadblock to funding, in retrospect I believe it may have been the wrong decision.  And I voted for the decrease to 50 XBY.  Nobody is perfect, me included.

There was a rebrand to a pretty sweet logo imo.  A new website (yea yea yea, it should have been done sooner blah blah) A non-tech WP was written.  Roadmap.  

Marketing to get the wider crypto world aware of the potential here.  

Even if you do not agree with the decisions made here, the way I see it, progress was made. It might not be how everyone wants it to be every time.  Sure, some things took longer than others. Some things perhaps could have done faster.  I prefer to focus on the future with optimism.  Yea, my wife calls me a idealist lol so what . .

And this progress, leading up to more things here very soon, was all done without typical ICO funding.  Everyone is entitled to agree or disagree or have an opinion on the matter.  But to say nothing is getting done because it takes longer than you thinks it should . . well, thats just too bad  Grin

Developers communicate openly with users. And this is very good, it causes trust. There are circumstances when the development of the project takes a little longer than anticipated
Activity: 103
To board.

Xtrabytes really needs to stop this we won't ever give dates nonsense. Any project must at least give regular updates and really a very rough timescale. Even if it's experimental projects should be able to say very rough time scales like 2018 Q4 or Summer 2018 or this will take 3-6months etc or just the year! even if it's not met then at least people know it's not next week and can plan their investments etc.

Maybe I could of accepted it if there wasn't constant carrot and stick of nodes are just around the corner or coming soon and they don't or people should buy now wink wink for nodes. You just can't blame people for getting frustrated in that situation. That kind of messaging is not the receivers fault but the senders. Time for people to grow up a bit and take some responsibility that situations are being caused by them and them alone.

Thanks for your comment kubricktrader.  Rest assured, there are some very good things in the works.  I know, I know, you guys have heard it all before.  I've been around since basically the beginning.  And I am still very much excited  to be a part of XTRABYTES.  

TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.

This is still a huge advantage to other coins and their versions of nodes. Even IF the system is in-development.  The draw and potential is there.  Hence, why I believe that many STATIC node holders (myself included) are very excited about this prospect.  

I also agree with Fatoshi that many of these so-called Masternode coins will all but be gone in a few years time.  I actually think it is less than that.  It's the new flavor-of-the-month in crypto.

If you are so confident about this, along with yankeeruinx then this bodes well. I bought some XBY back and will hold.

I appreciate that Gar.  Thank you.  There is a huge amount of potential here, just a matter of getting it channeled.  Think of where we were 6 months ago.  XBY was an idea about decentralized storage.  In the span of that 6 months, we have had nodes registered, nodes broken, alliances, departures, anger, resentment, elation.  It was announced that XBY is much more than storage.  That storage would be one thing (a module) along with a host of others.  A DEX was planned.

XFUEL was created during this time.  Testnet was started.  Board member left. More came on.  There was a litany of FUD.  777 was introduced.  

Transaction fees were lowered by a vote from STATIC owners.  And now that I understand the roadblock to funding, in retrospect I believe it may have been the wrong decision.  And I voted for the decrease to 50 XBY.  Nobody is perfect, me included.

There was a rebrand to a pretty sweet logo imo.  A new website (yea yea yea, it should have been done sooner blah blah) A non-tech WP was written.  Roadmap.  

Even if you do not agree with the decisions made here, the way I see it, progress was made. It might not be how everyone wants it to be every time.  Sure, some things took longer than others. Some things perhaps could have done faster.  I prefer to focus on the future with optimism.  Yea, my wife calls me a idealist lol so what . .

And this progress, leading up to more things here very soon, was all done without typical ICO funding.  Everyone is entitled to agree or disagree or have an opinion on the matter.  But to say nothing is getting done because it takes longer than you thinks it should . . well, thats just too bad  Grin

A good project can not be created in a few weeks. If people want to get a quality product, then they must have patience.

I agree with you. People should understand the project, and not only want to get rich quick. All serious projects develop smoothly
To board.

A good project can not be created in a few weeks. If people want to get a quality product, then they must have patience.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It is a pity that the coin can not be mined. I would love to do it. I think that the costs would be paid back

The thing about mining is that it generally becomes less profitable and energy efficient as time goes on.

For sure the only miners that really make any money these days are people that happen to live right next to a power source that is ridiculously cheap and have invested huge sums of money in equipment. 
Activity: 210

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Very VERY well said, Fish. This is a perfect summary!! Great to see you stand the test of time and carry on as part of the leadership here at XTRABYTES.

Thank you for all you do!

Dave

To board.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to think this project should have a completed project at this point.  It seems to me that a lot of the people who are FUD have done a lot with shit coins and think that copy and pasting a coin and giving it a new name counts as technical development.  Developing new code to create a flexible frame work takes time especially with only one main developer.  New funding should help relieve this and speed up the cycle somewhat, but it will still take time. 
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
To board.

In XBY we trust
Will there be any presentations or conferences on this project in the near future? I would love to participate

I think that all this information is on the official website. I have not seen the announcements. Although I am also ready to participate

Yes, you are right, all the information is in the starting topic. And if there are news, then you will necessarily see them in the messages
Will there be any presentations or conferences on this project in the near future? I would love to participate

I think that all this information is on the official website. I have not seen the announcements. Although I am also ready to participate

I think that this is not a disadvantage, but an advantage. Due to the fact that the ways of obtaining coins are limited, the price of a coin will always be high.

Interesting idea. Does this mean that the coin will always be scarce? Yes, probably with increased demand, the price can be very high

Mining is  not an efficient use of energy when there are other mechanisms for providing secured transactions.  You can spend the money of buying a rig to mine on buying coin then setup up a node and you will receive more XBY.  We don't know the rewards yet but hopefully that will come soon.
Activity: 414

I think that this is not a disadvantage, but an advantage. Due to the fact that the ways of obtaining coins are limited, the price of a coin will always be high.

Interesting idea. Does this mean that the coin will always be scarce? Yes, probably with increased demand, the price can be very high
In XBY we trust

This is the right moment to buy the XBY, it is cheap now Smiley  give it some 2/3 years to grow and show this new tech its value

This is just a great chance to buy coins, while they are very cheap. I am very happy when such chances appear

It's good that you understand this. Many newcomers see the market fall and start hysterical. We should be sensible and understand that the project is developing in stages and the coin will go up in the future

“Buy when there’s blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own.“
Best time to buy is when everyone else is freaking out and selling.  If you have the resources we can assume in general that alts will come back and you will be ahead of the game if you go against consensus.  We know XBY can go much higher.

Experienced traders know this. But beginners do the opposite. Traders always learn the history of a coin before buying it
In XBY we trust
This is the right moment to buy the XBY, it is cheap now Smiley  give it some 2/3 years to grow and show this new tech its value

This is just a great chance to buy coins, while they are very cheap. I am very happy when such chances appear

It's good that you understand this. Many newcomers see the market fall and start hysterical. We should be sensible and understand that the project is developing in stages and the coin will go up in the future

Best time to buy is when everyone else is freaking out and selling.  If you have the resources we can assume in general that alts will come back and you will be ahead of the game if you go against consensus.  We know XBY can go much higher.

I'm sorry that newcomers, when buying coins do not read the technical characteristics and history of the project. If they read about the coin XBY, then they would understand what its potential for growth.
Yes. I agree with you. These coins have great potential for a bright future. Although the movement is very slow but this coin will be good gradually. slowly but surely indirectly will bring a positive impact

The team works almost without rest. Maybe this is not visible to users, but in fact the project is developing.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

I'm sorry that newcomers, when buying coins do not read the technical characteristics and history of the project. If they read about the coin XBY, then they would understand what its potential for growth.
Yes. I agree with you. These coins have great potential for a bright future. Although the movement is very slow but this coin will be good gradually. slowly but surely indirectly will bring a positive impact
Pages:
Jump to: