Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 78. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.
Sorry I was using transaction fee as a catchall for all the income that would be related to owning a node minus the income from new nodes.  It's hard to argue for or against since we have no information about what the income will be at all.  And you have to include the cost of running the server for the dapps into the cost benefit analysis.

How it could disincentives filling the last spots is that the total cost of the static plus the fee doesn't make sense because the returns on lets say a L3 node would be to long term.  I would like it not to be a predefined fee, but one that responds to the market demand for the nodes.  If nodes are not being filled after a period of time the fee would be lowered.  If all nodes are filled maybe the fee increases to discourage people from breaking their nodes on a whim of a price increase.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.
how many tokens in total are you issuing?

All coins are already available (650m), current circulating supply is lower because those coins are in cold storage via node holders. Once all nodes are registered supply will drop to something like 150m.

Supply will drop exactly to 100m if L1 L2 L3 nodes will be registered Wink

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.

Not sure why it disincentives the last nodes being filled.

The fact is as any coin grows with nodes the price of them eventually becomes damn expensive. How much for a dash node now? Nodes in the end are not for the masses but for crypto investors....and with crypto investors there is no such thing as 'fair' unless you think It's like a human right to be a billionaire just for buying some Bitcoin back in 2009.

It's not about being fair it's about making actual returns on investments.  We don't know what the returns will be for filling a node.  The fee for getting a node goes to the other node holders.  If the transaction fees are too low the cost of filling a node plus the fee the transactions fees will not be the incentive.  It will be the hope that someone else comes in behind you so you get to share in their fee. Hence feeling a bit pyramid like.  We don't know any of this yet but we better before they start putting up registration for new nodes.

All coins are already available (650m), current circulating supply is lower because those coins are in cold storage via node holders. Once all nodes are registered supply will drop to something like 150m.

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.

The fact is as any coin grows with nodes the price of them eventually becomes damn expensive. How much for a dash node now? Nodes in the end are not for the masses but for crypto investors....and with crypto investors there is no such thing as 'fair' unless you think It's like a human right to be a billionaire just for buying some Bitcoin back in 2009.

DASH nodes are $267k, Strat nodes are nearly $700k or something.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251

"If" is a big word

"If" is a big word

Fees will have to to be acutely tweaked yeah, but given borz's goal of maximum decentralization I think they will be fair. Think I read it also incentivizes  people to fill out the other node tiers as well.

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.
Good job on this.  I think the short form forced the distillation of what XBY truly is and makes it understandable to a wider audience.  I think the waste of mining will soon be much more of a factor especially as more people enter the crypto sphere.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Keep my eye on.
Activity: 115
I think that you can expect a sharp increase in the price of this coin. And this will happen right after the bitcoin price goes down. It seems to me that already in the middle of November one can expect a sharp increase in all alternative coins
Activity: 103

"If" is a big word

The biggest word in all business.  Smiley

I think that the project will achieve all the goals that it set. And the nodes will work the way they should work. Just do not hurry the developers.

"If" is a big word

The biggest word in all business.  Smiley
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
In XBY we trust
I do have that we're close to launch by the way...I was just reading about Dragon Chain, apparently they will offer a platform on which companies can develop their own apps (language agnostic). So we have the PoSign mechanism, but other coins are catching up on the other unique advantages!

Each project and each coin has its own uniqueness. The coin of XBY is created on technologies that few people use. Therefore, it has advantages over other coins
Activity: 914
Merit: 299

"If" is a big word
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

I do have that we're close to launch by the way...I was just reading about Dragon Chain, apparently they will offer a platform on which companies can develop their own apps (language agnostic). So we have the PoSign mechanism, but other coins are catching up on the other unique advantages!

There's a select few coins which are doing it actually (Komodo is another for ICOs), and I think all of them will do well given each have their own unique nuances. But it is hard to argue against, that XBY on spec is superior given the nature of the network (speed, security, etc.) and the nature of how users will earn. Dragon, for example, is just an Eth token. Which I find ironic given that they are trying to compete with Eth, what kind of statement does that make.  Grin Actually I just looked, it isn't language agnostic (only offers Java, Python, Node, or C# according to FAQ), where as XBY will support ALL the major languages including C, C++ and VB.
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
Enki, place it on the CryptoCurrency reddit and we'll update that post  Smiley

Think I saw it there already.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
In XBY we trust
i see that The goal of XTRABYTES is to provide a platform on which a multitude of customized services can be deployed and utilized. but I want to understand, there are already examples of such services?)

I think all effort for now goes to finish and test POSIGN mechanism ( but maybe I mistaken )

From the real already created product is a coin. It can already be bought and sold. I think this is proof of the viability of this project

It seems to me that a coin can not be called a product of this platform. The coin is one of the components of the project as a whole. And what is the created product, I also want to know

XBY coin is the currency of the Xtrabytes Network.  The network is comprised of a couple different layers but statics are the mechanism for signing transactions.  There will be three levels of statics which will take either XBY to setup or a fixed combination of XBY and xFuel.  These statics have to agree for the transactions to be correct and there are mechanisms that account if a static is down on the network.  Instead of mining and receiving coins which is very energy intensive the Statics get a fee.  

It seems to me that the extraction of coins has become impossible for many. Therefore, the network can become a fundamentally new approach in the crypto currency. I think this is a big step forward.

I'm glad that you understand the uniqueness of this project. Yes, you are right, this technology will soon become the basis for a new generation of crypto currency. Just now not everyone understands it and therefore it causes so much of my discussions
Pages:
Jump to: