Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 149. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 06, 2013, 05:10:53 AM
Excuse me, is this the rule re-posting thread?  Grin
Activity: 26
February 06, 2013, 04:49:26 AM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- Newbies cannot upload their own avatars.
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)

Thank you, sounds like a good way to moderate spammers.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
February 06, 2013, 02:27:33 AM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- Newbies cannot upload their own avatars.
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)
OK. It's clear for to do to as your advice. Thank you!
Activity: 42
February 05, 2013, 07:22:01 PM
As a member for nearly two years  I feel this is a strange, but in the same vibe -effective, rule.
Activity: 26
February 05, 2013, 06:14:08 PM
it took me a good half-hour to figure out about the newbie restrictions

i actually like this requirement, definately a great way to protect the forum
Activity: 19
February 05, 2013, 04:34:17 PM
I think this is a great idea, keeps the spam count down i guess apart from in the newbies section that is.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
February 05, 2013, 12:00:35 PM
Mother of God...
Activity: 25
February 05, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
I don't like this... Do I have to be logged in for five hours or just be registered for five hours?

logged in
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
February 05, 2013, 11:34:46 AM
I don't like this... Do I have to be logged in for five hours or just be registered for five hours?
Activity: 25
February 05, 2013, 09:55:59 AM
I've definitely been logged in and browsing for over 4 hours (like, at least 6) but it says my total logged in time is only 2 hours and 58 minutes. anyone else having this problem?
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
February 05, 2013, 06:38:06 AM
Thanks!

9 more posts to go before I can discuss my Technical ideas :-)..
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
bitcoin is an expression of freedom.
February 05, 2013, 06:04:58 AM
So we come to the last question - what is more important: not exactly known risk of spam or other OR natural awaitings of new members that they are welcome, and can speak? Now situation it is too similar on situation with government restrictions or regular financial systems - only restrictive measures. It is a direct opposite to Bitcoin will. Very strange to see it here...

And by the way, can anyone tell me why rules are so strict here? I may simply underestimate "Scamer" problem, but you can simply forbid making new topics or so. By the moment you register and can do nothing, except posting here... May be it will be better to make invite-based registration instead?

I think it has to do with spam as well.  I think that invite based is a good way to whitelist people if that's what you mean, but I think restricting the board to invites is probably a smaller community than what's being sought here.
Activity: 12
February 04, 2013, 08:49:49 PM
> 5 hours and 5 posts, and I am not still able to write outside this section. :-(

Same here.
Activity: 14
February 04, 2013, 07:54:59 PM
And by the way, can anyone tell me why rules are so strict here? I may simply underestimate "Scamer" problem, but you can simply forbid making new topics or so. By the moment you register and can do nothing, except posting here... May be it will be better to make invite-based registration instead?

I think it has to do with spam as well.  I think that invite based is a good way to whitelist people if that's what you mean, but I think restricting the board to invites is probably a smaller community than what's being sought here.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
February 04, 2013, 07:00:50 PM
> 5 hours and 5 posts, and I am not still able to write outside this section. :-(
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
bitcoin is an expression of freedom.
February 04, 2013, 05:07:15 PM
Activity: 38
February 04, 2013, 02:25:48 PM
It's a bit frustrating when you have something relevant to reply with but you're forced to make 5 forced posts here to do so...
Activity: 14
February 04, 2013, 09:26:40 AM
For some reason I still can't post outside of newbies though my posts are > 5 and I have almost 5 hours online. 
Activity: 10
February 03, 2013, 10:57:28 PM
Ok. Smiley
Activity: 56
February 03, 2013, 09:19:45 PM
Fairly sensible restrictions, but it is a little painful to post non intresting comments to everything. Newbies is a endless stream of one word posts and similar.

Well then, post interesting comments.
Jump to: