Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 181. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 28, 2012, 07:25:37 AM
Get me out of here!
Activity: 7
October 27, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
A bit frustrating as a newbie myself, but I can see the purpose of it.

It's funny, everything involving BTC seems have a whole load of hurdles, even buying the damn things with regular currencies.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
October 26, 2012, 09:33:22 PM
I don't understand how I'm supposed to have five posts if I can only post in this forum. Am I supposed to post to this forum five times?

Start your own thread within this forum. AFAIK, you can talk about prettymuch anything Bitcoin related in this forum, so it shouldn't be too hard to reach the required number of posts.

You were right, that was pretty easy.

Thanks!
October 26, 2012, 09:26:22 PM
I don't understand how I'm supposed to have five posts if I can only post in this forum. Am I supposed to post to this forum five times?

Start your own thread within this forum. AFAIK, you can talk about prettymuch anything Bitcoin related in this forum, so it shouldn't be too hard to reach the required number of posts.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
October 26, 2012, 07:43:32 PM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)

October 26, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
^
what if they lacked empathy because their feelings are a lot deeper than non-trolls

empathy is a lack of feeling , but a construction a fantasy of the others feeling if you must to compensate this lack of feeling normal people commonly have

Nice try, but this has nothing to do with bitcoin. Go to youtube if you want a place to ventilate your inner troll.
Activity: 9
October 26, 2012, 06:34:55 PM
^
what if they lacked empathy because their feelings are a lot deeper than non-trolls

empathy is a lack of feeling , but a construction a fantasy of the others feeling if you must to compensate this lack of feeling normal people commonly have
October 26, 2012, 06:26:45 PM
^
Trolls have feelings too Sad

But they lack empathy and connectedness.
Activity: 9
October 26, 2012, 06:15:10 PM
^
Trolls have feelings too Sad
October 26, 2012, 05:21:17 PM
I thinks it's probably a good thing to restrict new users in this way. It keeps the troll away...
Activity: 16
October 26, 2012, 11:06:21 AM
Well I do not mind the restrictions, it actually shows that you are trying to maintain a valuable community. Kudos!
Activity: 15
October 26, 2012, 07:34:22 AM
How long does it take to get out of here?  I have 5 posts already but I also need so many hours online?  How do I do that?  :-(
Activity: 10
October 25, 2012, 06:18:06 PM
great impression
Activity: 44
October 25, 2012, 06:06:02 PM
Oof - BTCTalk used to require 50 posts to get out of the newbie section? I guess if you're gonna get a ton of spam it's best to keep it all in one place.
Activity: 10
October 25, 2012, 05:54:31 PM
I'm not sure if this kind of restrictions are OK. I wanted to reply to a single topic but I have to post 5 replies to irrelevant (for me) posts...

Well, in in the long term it promotes an online community, rather than a place where people can just jump on and post their knee-jerk reactions (at one extreme). I also just signed up to reply to a post, so I have to wait four hours first.
Activity: 24
October 25, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
Agree ^^
Activity: 14
October 25, 2012, 08:51:07 AM
I'm not sure if this kind of restrictions are OK. I wanted to reply to a single topic but I have to post 5 replies to irrelevant (for me) posts...
Activity: 2
October 24, 2012, 10:13:58 PM
Thank you, I am new to forums and just trying to learn the ins and outs and do the proper things.  This information helped me to understand how to become established, and it is reasonable to have to post to good comments in the beginning. 
Activity: 13
October 24, 2012, 06:22:39 PM
just hit 4hr mark, need to post more though
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
October 24, 2012, 04:44:51 PM
It is unfortunate that people in general are not mature enough to handle themselves in an upfront and open manner.  It is this tendency and this tendency alone which fuels those who wish to rule over others...the "need" for most to be ruled.  It just adds difficulty for those of us who do not need to be ruled to function, having to circumnavigate the "rulers" while wading through the "ruled"...

Are you the original author of the above? Very well written. Speaks my mind.

The ellipses and quotes should be removed. They are superfluous, if not wrong. But that is only a minor point.
Jump to: