Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 188. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 08, 2012, 09:31:56 AM
Hi People
I am new to this forum although I've been using bitcoins for about 4 months now.
I joined the forum so I could leave feedback on another thread and like a previous poster, only found out about posting restrictions after I had registered.
Despite looking at the help section, I cannot seem to find where these rules for newbies are listed. Probably am just tired and missed it. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Have just looked at page 146 where I find that 4hour and 5 sensible posts required?
Have I got that right?
So how to people leave feedback in other threads if they have only made one post?
This is the purpose of the "whitelisting" thread I presume.
However a more immediate concern is that I cannot logout!
Or is this another deliberate rule imposed on newbies?
Thank you for your help.
Activity: 46
October 08, 2012, 07:35:14 AM
I'm just about to hit my 4hrs and this should be my 5th post. It seems to take forever!
Activity: 1
October 08, 2012, 01:23:31 AM
New here, is it allowed to put legal trades for bitcoins in these forums? Say fake-id psd templates?
Activity: 8
October 08, 2012, 12:40:18 AM
It was a bit confusing making my account, because the only indication that I'm not able to post anywhere except here was the description of this board. (I made an account because I wanted to leave feedback on another thread, but now I have to dick around for a while and B.S. 5 posts about whatever before I can do that.)

This kind of system is annoying to people who don't necessarily want to invest themselves in becoming regular users, and visit various forums for specific one-off purposes. If I became a regular user of every forum I have ever visited for some reason or another, I would have thousands of accounts, no job, and also be dead. This is an absurd and irritating and generally terrible solution to a problem you seem to think is somehow unique. (Oh no we're getting trolled on the Internet block everything.)

It would be interesting to see how many people here have exactly 6 posts. It's probably disproportionate.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
October 07, 2012, 10:57:27 PM
Trolls take an opposite stance from what everyone else is discussing for the sake of starting an argument. This makes them happier than anything else. 5 posts and 4 hours online is not too bad for an initiation I guess. Cheesy
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
October 07, 2012, 10:34:13 PM
Kind of. Smiley you also need 4h of reading stuff around here while logged in.
Kas
Activity: 4
October 07, 2012, 02:09:05 PM
Doesn't this mean people can just go spam up 5 posts in this newbie section and then go "troll" the other sections like they used to? Shocked
Activity: 20
October 07, 2012, 02:06:17 PM
Does anyone know what he means by trollingTrolling in the traditional sense?
Activity: 42
October 07, 2012, 02:00:39 PM
You gotta do what you gotta do.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
October 07, 2012, 11:55:40 AM
This restriction is a pain. There's many topics that I could have added to but can't.
Activity: 43
October 07, 2012, 11:14:15 AM
this is a good idea but you know it is very hard spent 4 hours and made 5 posts i think that you must change some roles because troll can do it easily for example you must send conformation link to their emails instead of this

Four hours of lurking the main forums is nothing and five posts can be utter garbage like this one.
I just wish I'd tried signing up before lurking for such a long time.
Activity: 5
October 07, 2012, 10:16:50 AM
Hopefully I can get my 5 posts in. I am still tempted to just reply to 5 existing threads with really big reply counts to get past this restriction.  Grin
Activity: 11
October 07, 2012, 10:13:02 AM
Interesting idea, never really found a system like this, do you really get that much of a problem from trolls? 
Activity: 9
October 07, 2012, 09:31:15 AM
this is a good idea but you know it is very hard spent 4 hours and made 5 posts i think that you must change some roles because troll can do it easily for example you must send conformation link to their emails instead of this
Activity: 490
October 06, 2012, 07:18:59 AM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)

Interesting rules.

VERY interesting :-)
Activity: 20
October 06, 2012, 03:33:18 AM
Due to a mass of trolling...

Trolling?  I've got to ask:  How were people trolling (what would they say?)?
Activity: 8
October 05, 2012, 07:57:47 PM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)

Interesting rules.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
a big question mark
October 05, 2012, 09:51:35 AM
Hello,

I finally have reached 4h and 4 minutes logged in and have posted >10 times.

However, I'm still at Newbie status... There's a(nother) crisis going on with GLBSE and I'd reallky like to be able to post in the relevant forum.

OPS, please let me out of newbie jail!!!
Activity: 588
October 05, 2012, 03:05:35 AM
You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).
This doesn't seem so. Has there been a change in the number of required posts? (I need to get a loan ASAP!)

No I believe its still 5 posts at this time.
Activity: 41
October 04, 2012, 01:32:53 PM
You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).
This doesn't seem so. Has there been a change in the number of required posts? (I need to get a loan ASAP!)
Jump to: