Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 245. (Read 442041 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
February 10, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Allright would it be a big problem to stop making fools of newcomers and actually display some instructions about this newbie policy when somebody registers to forum? It is very confusing when you register, get immediatelly into forums without any activation email and then you just desperatelly look for "new topic" button which is simply missing. Unfortunatelly there is not a word about this in a help section, so this is quite impolite to say the least if one needs help with something and hopes to get it on this forum but gets just frustrated instead until he finds out that he can only write into newbies section. Thank you for understanding.

During registration you were required to check a box labeled "I understand that I will initially be unable to post to most forum sections, as explained above." Maybe I should change it to "I promise to give bitcointalk.org 1000 BTC and my first-born child" and see how many people agree to it...
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
February 10, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
I suppose the restrictions make sense but I have been a member for 6 months and didn't realise the need to stay logged on and making innocuous posts to enable me to send PM etc.

The net result is that when I wanted to contact someone urgently I was unable to.  Perhaps the posting criteria should be placed somewhere clearly on the front page or with an obvious link.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 10, 2012, 05:43:06 AM
Last post and t minus 4 hours lol
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
February 09, 2012, 11:26:14 AM
Why can't I send PMs, have these rules changed?

edit: nvm I see the box.
Activity: 1
February 09, 2012, 08:30:24 AM
good rules i suppose, but it'd be nice if these rules were advertised somewhere a bit more visibly Tongue
Activity: 9
February 09, 2012, 04:26:14 AM
If i reach a higher user class on this forum, will it allow me to verify my account on bitmarket.eu? And if so, what class should i reach and how would i go about doing this?
Activity: 9
February 09, 2012, 04:17:49 AM
Thank you, looking forward to using Bitcoins  Grin
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
February 08, 2012, 10:06:28 PM
get immediatelly into forums without any activation email and then you just desperatelly look for "new topic" button

I think this is the type of thing they're trying to avoid.

Hannah, tell us a story. How is your life? Why bitcoin? Smiley

No real story here. I wouldn't call myself a computer nerd but that's really all I do. I use bitcoins from anything to buying computer stuff to gambling. I am finding more and more people accepting bitcoin, it's starting to get real big from where it was 8 months ago.

Activity: 13
February 08, 2012, 07:29:39 PM
I am Searching For and going to post a thread for restriction Information, Thank you so very much for sharing!
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
February 08, 2012, 04:45:19 PM
Allright would it be a big problem to stop making fools of newcomers and actually display some instructions about this newbie policy when somebody registers to forum? It is very confusing when you register, get immediatelly into forums without any activation email and then you just desperatelly look for "new topic" button which is simply missing. Unfortunatelly there is not a word about this in a help section, so this is quite impolite to say the least if one needs help with something and hopes to get it on this forum but gets just frustrated instead until he finds out that he can only write into newbies section. Thank you for understanding.
Activity: 5
February 08, 2012, 03:10:49 PM
Well, I suppose that it's in the interest of the forum.
copper member
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Leave everything to me!
February 08, 2012, 02:49:25 PM
I find the rules very fair and can't wait to help contribute.

I've been lurking and needed to reply immediately to help someone out.

Next time I will be better prepared.

2 down.   Tongue
Activity: 2
February 08, 2012, 04:34:38 AM
This isn't really anything most decent forums don't have. If you can't even make the initial posts needed to get out the newbie forum, then you should really be asking yourself if there isn't a more suitably-oriented forum for you.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
February 07, 2012, 08:52:21 PM
Well I'm out of here now, thank god.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
February 07, 2012, 10:51:50 AM
Damn, these restrictions are quite bad.

Shoulda seen the forums 6 months ago, quadrupled our normal volume and the majority of them were trolls trying to get a rise out of the libertarians. 
Activity: 1
February 07, 2012, 10:45:28 AM
Hi, first of all sorry if I'm doing wrong replying on this post. The thing is that I've been looking for the way to send a PM to buy some bitcoins but then I realized that how I'm newbie I'm not allowed to do that if I didn't post first. Anyways I was looking everywhere how to post them and I couldn't found the way. So again, sorry if I'm doing wrong but I would be glad if anyone show me the correct way.

Sorry for my english it's not my native spell.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
February 07, 2012, 12:10:28 AM
Sigh, sucks for the people here that don't actually want to troll.
Activity: 7
February 06, 2012, 11:22:10 PM
well hello guys i am a noob lol. so i hope to learn from this community hopefullu not too much trolls..... well this is just a filler post to become a regular =D
Activity: 13
February 06, 2012, 08:40:31 PM
I really wish I would have seen this thread about a week ago... I couldn't even PM a mod for help... *look of disapproval.
Activity: 4
February 06, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
Damn, these restrictions are quite bad.
Jump to: