Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 253. (Read 442041 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
December 29, 2011, 05:45:05 AM
Seems a little silly that if someone has a specific question (which I do, hence registering) that you force them to make 5 (essentially spam) posts before they're allowed to ask their question in the appropriate place.

Ask the question in this section. Probably it is a frequently asked question.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 29, 2011, 05:32:09 AM
Seems a little silly that if someone has a specific question (which I do, hence registering) that you force them to make 5 (essentially spam) posts before they're allowed to ask their question in the appropriate place.  Surely there's a better way to prevent spam than to require 5 spam posts?

Meh.  I guess this would be 1/5...
Activity: 10
December 28, 2011, 07:31:45 PM
Wow it took me a while to come here and find out why I couldn't PM or reply to posts.  Happy I have found out why. Now to get on with my 5 posts so I can start work on the FPGA front.
Keep in mind that not only is there a post threshold, but an online time threshold exists as well. 

Welcome to the bitcointalk forums! I'm a newbie myself, just freshly 'graduated' out of the newbie sandbox. Your interest on the FPGA front is most welcome; I believe that although GPUs are currently the best option for mining, FPGA's represent the future. And the future will be here before many of us realize it.

Oh I have the time requirement done just need to get to the post number.  It took me 3+ hours to just find that I needed to post here before moving on.  I think it would have been nice to have that in the welcome email.

True GPU are the current solution and if you want to do something right now do that. In the future I think there are a lot of designs that could win.  While I don't think FPGAs will be at the for-front for a while I do think the work needs to take place.  Also I can take the work done on this project and use it for other things and this is where I hope to have some of the bigest gains.
Activity: 10
December 28, 2011, 06:24:40 PM
Wow it took me a while to come here and find out why I couldn't PM or reply to posts.  Happy I have found out why. Now to get on with my 5 posts so I can start work on the FPGA front.
Activity: 47
December 28, 2011, 06:16:16 PM
Thankyou for this forum! Looks like I have to talk shit before I can troll on Wink
Activity: 31
December 27, 2011, 03:36:43 PM
God damn Trolls!
Activity: 24
December 27, 2011, 01:09:27 PM
I took me a while to understand why the reply-link was missing. It would be nicer if the reply-link pointed to the relevant newbi info, instead of just being gone.

/cyberzac
Activity: 36
December 25, 2011, 05:25:23 AM
This explains the missing reply button in the Mining software sub-forum. Seems like I'll have to hang around more (even though I've read the forums unregistered a lot Smiley )
Activity: 42
December 24, 2011, 02:25:59 AM
Not really effective. I gues I can bear it tho
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
December 22, 2011, 03:35:26 PM
Though I have been a lot, I finally registered just today.

I also think 5 posts restriction very reasonable. Initially, I had some misgivings about putting restrictions on people who just joined. Later I realized that once you start interacting on the forum, 5 posts restriction can be fulfilled pretty quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
December 21, 2011, 06:17:45 PM
Is forbidden to write and introduce our new BTC web site here in forum?
I dont know about all the forum rules?

Is not forbidden.  Feel free to link to your bitcoin related site in the appropriate forum sections, once you have full forum posting priviliages.  Please don't do it here.
Activity: 5
December 21, 2011, 05:13:43 PM
Sorry, I read white-list rules now. Ok.
Activity: 5
December 21, 2011, 05:02:34 PM
Is forbidden to write and introduce our new BTC web site here in forum?
I dont know about all the forum rules?
Activity: 34
December 19, 2011, 05:07:13 AM
I hope not! That could be a really annoying problem. I hope they can make a way so that doesn't happen.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 19, 2011, 03:25:45 AM
I was wondering, If somebody makes the posts and waits the time to be un-noobied, what happens if they then go back and delete some of their posts? Will they go back into newbie status?

Yes.

Nice question mate, i never thought about this.
administrator
December 18, 2011, 10:05:00 PM
I was wondering, If somebody makes the posts and waits the time to be un-noobied, what happens if they then go back and delete some of their posts? Will they go back into newbie status?

Yes.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
December 17, 2011, 06:40:26 AM
5 posts are really fair, could be higher. maybe you should put a link to this topic when registering? Smiley
administrator
December 16, 2011, 07:19:43 PM
Same here! Looks like the restrictions don't count for Local subforums?!?

Some of them have their own newbies sections, and some don't have any restrictions.
Activity: 28
December 16, 2011, 05:49:55 PM
Never knew that there's a restriction til i have read this thread.

Same here! Looks like the restrictions don't count for Local subforums?!?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
December 16, 2011, 04:48:13 PM
Good day, i just like to ask if there's a copy/list/previous threads of rules for the DO's and DONT's regarding promoting a business, any help would sure be appreciated, thanks.

Not really.  You can promote a bitcoin related or accepting business if you like, just try not be become obnoxious about it.  A link in your signature is an accepted method, but a banner in your signature just annoys people.
Jump to: