Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 257. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
November 12, 2011, 08:38:31 PM
These restrictions just end up making a ton of garbage posts.

That's true, but garbage posts that can usually tell us if you are a bot or not. 

Yes, but newbies should be allowed to contribute in someway that isn't just busy-work-ish. Maybe pay in LTC or BTC to get your account opened?
That's a good idea. I'm mainly against/annoyed by the restrictions because how newbies to the forums are treated as newbies to bitcoins. I think there's a lot of people who are very familiar with Bitcoin, and have even been lurking the forums for a long time, but just never posted anything. Now if they find something they want to post on, they have to get through these garbage posts and the time limit in order to contribute.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
November 12, 2011, 02:49:13 PM

That's true, but garbage posts that can usually tell us if you are a bot or not. 

Yes, but newbies should be allowed to contribute in someway that isn't just busy-work-ish. Maybe pay in LTC or BTC to get your account opened?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
November 12, 2011, 09:35:24 AM

Activity: 12
November 12, 2011, 02:28:49 AM
These restrictions just end up making a ton of garbage posts. There should be some alternative methods (extra verifications) to get past the restrictions .
Activity: 5
November 12, 2011, 01:46:48 AM
I guess this is a pretty sensible idea, 4 hours online and 5 posts isn't really hard to achieve, so for the most part it should wean out those people that come here to quickly troll/spam, as they'd actually be required to put in a little effort before they can do such a thing.

I agree, it's quite simple
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
November 11, 2011, 11:21:20 AM
I guess this is a pretty sensible idea, 4 hours online and 5 posts isn't really hard to achieve, so for the most part it should wean out those people that come here to quickly troll/spam, as they'd actually be required to put in a little effort before they can do such a thing.
Yup, that's the point.  And nor is the newbie section unwatched.  If you have an unanswered question, ask it.
Activity: 32
November 11, 2011, 06:25:01 AM
Activity: 42
November 10, 2011, 11:59:23 PM
Roger that.  Will try to get some relevant posts up so I can post in other forums.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
November 10, 2011, 05:56:11 PM
Okay, 5 posts isn't hard... but 4 hours of activity? I've lurked here for months. There isn't nearly 4 hours of content left for me to read. I'm so board I started browsing threads in languages I can't read. I guess a few days of casual browsing will take care of it though.

So board you say?

Guess it didn't even take that long as you're a Jr. Member now.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
November 10, 2011, 11:39:35 AM
Okay, 5 posts isn't hard... but 4 hours of activity? I've lurked here for months. There isn't nearly 4 hours of content left for me to read. I'm so board I started browsing threads in languages I can't read. I guess a few days of casual browsing will take care of it though.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 09, 2011, 09:09:43 PM
I see the point to the newbie section but it kind of sucks when you are having issues with your mining pool and the only way to contact or ask about it is on these forums. -1 post to go.
Activity: 74
November 09, 2011, 05:52:59 PM
If 5 comments is so hard for someone, I can't imagine I want to waste my time reading what they want to say. My last post, this post and my next three will waste far less of my life than the spam and worthless comments I would have to wade through here.
Activity: 2
November 08, 2011, 10:54:49 AM
ive been in this site for a week now and this is my 2nd time commenting, i was really upset when i found out about the restriction buy i guess it all make sense when when you look unto it. Cheesy thank you for the restricition.
Activity: 7
November 08, 2011, 10:05:40 AM
newbie restrictions are the best!
Activity: 2
November 08, 2011, 06:05:06 AM
Its such a frustrating, to post some something to be able to post everywhere.
Now i know how the newbies of my forum are feeling  Grin
November 07, 2011, 09:20:10 PM
lol, I'm such a 'tard I just now figured out there was a BC D/L.  Roll Eyes
November 07, 2011, 08:55:17 PM
I reckon I see a good reason for it.  Yeah, maybe it's annoying a bit right now, but I've been on other forums that do the same thing, and after I got through it, it was good to keep the dumb shit out of the main forum.  I made it a lot of years without knowing about this joint (heard about it in Rolling Stone), a few posts, hours or days ain't gonna kill me.  I'm a thick-skin deadhead.  Last time I got in a hurry, her dad was coming in the front door while I was going out the back.
Activity: 4
November 07, 2011, 01:59:43 PM
newbie restrictions are the best!

Bitcoin for life!
Activity: 65
November 05, 2011, 06:44:30 PM
Reasonable or not, makes things very annoying to those with good intentions too..
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
back in the game
November 05, 2011, 10:09:46 AM
Hopefully I will get my full access by today. I was logged in all last night,and it says only 35 minutes???
Jump to: