Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 263. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
September 27, 2011, 02:49:49 AM
Glad to see things are / have getting better.
Activity: 9
September 26, 2011, 05:58:24 PM
I was kinda angry about these restrictions but after about 15 mins of browsing I see the reason for them.
Activity: 13
September 26, 2011, 01:28:42 PM
I can understand the need to stop spam but it's really annoying having to make 5 posts that you really don't want to make.

Come on... 5 post's its easy and reasonable!!!
The hard part is to be active in the forum for 4 hours before you can have restrictions removed!
After 2 days I only have currently 2h08.
As it would be obvious, leaving the site open would never work: you have to be active or it would be too easy. Any spammer could do!

Its about keeping kiddies away. Some kind of "serious" troll (wow how paradox these words are... ) can always get access in some way
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
September 26, 2011, 12:04:17 PM
Huh is there somewhere i can go to see a glossary of all the abbreviations used in these forums? are they intended to make the uninitiated feel inadequate? NFC in Glasgow (No Fucking Clue)
Let us know what you need to know to know. Maybe we could put together a glossary for people.
Activity: 2
September 26, 2011, 11:10:07 AM
 Huh is there somewhere i can go to see a glossary of all the abbreviations used in these forums? are they intended to make the uninitiated feel inadequate? NFC in Glasgow (No Fucking Clue)
September 26, 2011, 07:26:52 AM
Think this is a pretty good idea though
Activity: 4
September 24, 2011, 11:15:32 PM
Yeah this makes good sense, git's rid of all the time wasters.

Cheers Morphing
Activity: 28
September 23, 2011, 11:35:44 PM
I have to agree that the 5 posts isn't an issue.  Hell this counts as one of mine.  The bigger issue (and one that I don't have a problem with) is the four hours.

I guess it makes sure you've at least done a bit of reading and so you should know what the general attitude/mood is like on the forums.

I guess it makes sure you've at least done a bit of reading WHILE LOGGED IN and so you should know what the general attitude/mood is like on the forums.

No points for lurking Wink
September 23, 2011, 08:27:11 PM
I have to agree that the 5 posts isn't an issue.  Hell this counts as one of mine.  The bigger issue (and one that I don't have a problem with) is the four hours.

I guess it makes sure you've at least done a bit of reading and so you should know what the general attitude/mood is like on the forums.

Either that or you just rigged your browser to refresh every once in a while and went to bed Tongue

Both are barriers to entry though, which I guess is the point.
Activity: 14
September 23, 2011, 03:05:10 PM
Activity: 53
September 23, 2011, 12:57:39 PM
Five posts is not a serious requirement and no one should really complain about it. It does make it a bit of a hassle for the lurking types, such as myself, but meeting those requirements takes no time at all.

I didn't complain, I only said I find it hilarious.   Grin
Activity: 14
September 23, 2011, 12:49:28 PM
Five posts is not a serious requirement and no one should really complain about it. It does make it a bit of a hassle for the lurking types, such as myself, but meeting those requirements takes no time at all.
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2011, 02:16:48 AM
It's funny that to prevent spam we have to spam 5 times to get out of here, 10 times to add a link to the signature, and 50! times to add an image, isn't it?   Grin

But you don't have to spam!
They just want you to be an active member!
Wait... 10 to have a link? I missed that one... Got my mind stuck in the 4h of activity!
Activity: 53
September 23, 2011, 01:36:57 AM
It's funny that to prevent spam we have to spam 5 times to get out of here, 10 times to add a link to the signature, and 50! times to add an image, isn't it?   Grin
legendary
September 22, 2011, 04:25:11 PM
Your average troll is no sullen slouchabout, and will not rest after but five posts. The troll is a pernicious creature, a clever beast of patience and frequently of no small intellect. Five posts is but a snack for such a one, a delicate aperitif before he gorges himself upon your vexing frustrations. Be wary, fellow bitcoineers - these restrictions will perhaps keep out the lazier specimens, but those most foul and determined trolls will not rest at a mere five post limit. It is only a low threshold before a wide open door.

I could never ever have told it better!!!  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 11
September 22, 2011, 01:50:36 PM
Your average troll is no sullen slouchabout, and will not rest after but five posts. The troll is a pernicious creature, a clever beast of patience and frequently of no small intellect. Five posts is but a snack for such a one, a delicate aperitif before he gorges himself upon your vexing frustrations. Be wary, fellow bitcoineers - these restrictions will perhaps keep out the lazier specimens, but those most foul and determined trolls will not rest at a mere five post limit. It is only a low threshold before a wide open door.
legendary
September 22, 2011, 03:02:37 AM
I can understand the need to stop spam but it's really annoying having to make 5 posts that you really don't want to make.

Come on... 5 post's its easy and reasonable!!!
The hard part is to be active in the forum for 4 hours before you can have restrictions removed!
After 2 days I only have currently 2h08.
As it would be obvious, leaving the site open would never work: you have to be active or it would be too easy. Any spammer could do!
Activity: 7
September 21, 2011, 07:56:06 PM
legendary
September 21, 2011, 03:51:34 PM
it does make sense to limit the access, but 5 posts in the noob thread, is a little bit to much.

It's worse having to be online 4h...!!!
Activity: 8
September 21, 2011, 01:30:45 PM
it does make sense to limit the access, but 5 posts in the noob thread, is a little bit to much.
Jump to: