Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 264. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 21, 2011, 03:06:59 AM
I feel like there should be better ways to moderate spamming, other than restricting new-comers from essentially everything
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
September 20, 2011, 09:32:34 PM
this makes sense we dont want nonsense on the boards lets keep it informative
Activity: 20
September 20, 2011, 07:37:08 PM
These restrictions seem reasonable.  Although, I really wanted to add an image today and couldn't due to the restrictions.  Oh well, soon enough!
Activity: 17
September 20, 2011, 05:54:07 PM
OK, I understand that I have to post something that makes sense here to be allowed in other threads.

I want to join a discussion on bitcoinica.com as I spotted some things that need to be improved there.

Oh, so I try to find something useful to post on - but the most interesting things are somewhere else. Jeez!
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 20, 2011, 05:33:11 PM
How long would it take to be "whitelisted" ?

Thanks!

As far as I've read on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-restrictions-15958
if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts

Grin

Thanks for the info!  Grin

I'm in!  woo hoo!   thanks  Grin   http://www.btcinstant.com  <- don't forget!
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
September 20, 2011, 02:37:11 AM

Thanks!

As far as I've read on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-restrictions-15958
if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts

Grin
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 19, 2011, 11:16:17 PM

Yay, thanks for free'n me!  Also, I never mentioned why I want to be free please visit http://www.btcinstant.com  - Credit Cards / Bank Transfer for Bitcoins!

Thanks!
Activity: 5
September 19, 2011, 10:44:19 PM
I can see the benefits of these restrictions, however it makes it a lot harder for people to quickly answer a question asked in a non-newbies topic. I just came across a thread via google and thought I'd take the time to register and help out, however the restrictions are preventing me Sad
Activity: 8
September 19, 2011, 05:54:26 PM
this seems a bit unfair, as don't see the purpose in posting some topice that is more or less covered by other topics (in wich I am not allowed to post). But many usefull post at this forum.....thats why I'm very disappointed that this forum is for elite members only!! (unless you bow down to your surperiors). This is not meant as harshly as formulated, but I really think I could both benifit and contribute to this forum!

But seems it will be more benifitial for most if I make a public forum, where we are all participating!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
September 19, 2011, 11:53:46 AM
thanks for the answers, is there something i can access to let me know all the do's and don'ts of forum etiquette?
For that, I suggest using Google. Otherwise, for forum-specific policies, see these posts:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-moderation-policy-20333
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-not-post-off-topic-replies-14356
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
September 19, 2011, 05:26:39 AM
Hi everyone
It makes a lot of sense to have this restrictions.
I were to join along time ago, but never got the time, but today, I decided I had postponed too much, so here I am!
Greetings, everyone!
Activity: 5
September 19, 2011, 05:03:28 AM
Wow, wish I'd read these restrictions sooner! Been here a week, mostly lurking and reading, but surely I could have knocked out the 5 posts by now.  Oh well, I do see the reason for it.
Activity: 1
September 18, 2011, 12:04:57 PM
Quite a drastic measure you have here, never saw that on another forum.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
September 17, 2011, 03:43:44 PM
Is there somewhere specific noobs are supposed to post then, so that I don't just post 5 here and get slammed for spamming? The 4 hour thing seems good though? Hi btw Smiley

scrap that, just found the introduce yourself topic, didn't see it before, so if anyone else is wondering, it does exist.

Is there anything else I need to do?? My total logged in time shows nearly 4.5 hours, I've made over 5 posts, not spam, but I still can't post anywhere else??

Posts merged by Maged
Activity: 2
September 17, 2011, 02:44:03 PM
thanks for the answers, is there something i can access to let me know all the do's and don'ts of forum etiquette?
Activity: 18
September 17, 2011, 12:54:31 PM
I've had my account for a few months now.....long time lurker and finally decided to post.....I was wondering why I couldn't  Grin

This is a good idea!
Activity: 2
September 17, 2011, 06:05:50 AM
The restricitions are there for a reason, are not at all unreasonable or facist, in fact I think they may be a little lenient, but I trust that the mods have over time figured out the best compromise.

Thank you.
Activity: 1
September 16, 2011, 04:32:13 PM
so i am way new to this and i hope to do things right i have a certain site i am trying to get to and part of the login is getting bitcoins i registered at mtgox i think it is but not sure if thats the correct thing to do
Activity: 21
September 16, 2011, 11:33:42 AM
Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts.

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.
- You need 50 posts to put an image in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted.
This is my first post, just need 4 more and some hours online... nice thread about that 25,000 stolen.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
September 16, 2011, 11:25:46 AM
are posts and replies able to be read by everyone?
Yes. If you are able to post somewhere, it will appear immediately to everyone once you post it.
Jump to: