Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 136. (Read 785515 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Hi guys, ty Paul and ty Videlicet

I see a lot of warnings, prolly no errors, but definitely, is not the "usual" compile as I would see it on another wallet... I also saw this one basides the one Paul found......

"src/net/net.cpp:877:72: error: too few arguments to function âUPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, unsigned char, int*)â
In file included from src/net/net.cpp:23:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:62:1: note: declared here
 upnpDiscover(int delay, const char * multicastif,"

After compiling, It says something about waiting on pending on unfinished jobs or errors, not sure... but sure don't look a "clean finish".

Besides, the fact is that the wallet will not start after finishing the compile. It says the usual message for the .coinshield folder that was not found... but aside, it will not even start the process...

And this is the version I'm using... Headless server...

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty

Awaiting your news. Thank you all again!!

Willy
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
What version of Linux is being used? Thanks for catching that paul.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Those are just compiler warnings, not erros from the log file you showed me. What part of the build process is the failure happening on? I posted a Ubuntu static bin on the release candidate on Github if you wanted to go that route.

Otherwise, what file being compiled is the failure happening?
And also what OS are you compiling for?

Thank You,
Viz.

there was an error in there...

Code:
src/net/net.cpp: In function âvoid Net::ThreadMapPort2(void*)â:
src/net/net.cpp:877:72: error: invalid conversion from âint*â to âunsigned charâ [-fpermissive]
   devlist = upnpDiscover(2000, multicastif, minissdpdpath, 0, 0, &error);

legendary
Those are just compiler warnings, not erros from the log file you showed me. What part of the build process is the failure happening on? I posted a Ubuntu static bin on the release candidate on Github if you wanted to go that route.

Otherwise, what file being compiled is the failure happening?
And also what OS are you compiling for?

Thank You,
Viz.
Hello all!

Here's me again, with compilation problems, (as if I ever had 'em)

Tried git clone, would not work, so i decided to rename everything "old" I had, I backed up my wallet and decided for a full install again.. (that would never fail, right??)

Well, It starts good, but then all sorts of error, I unfotunatelly don't understand, show up. I could not copy all of 'em, but here's a pastebin of the last visible lines..

http://pastebin.com/FqwG3B1u

I hope someone can gimme a bit of guiding, as I miss seeing and checking my Nexus wallet...  Sad

Thanks in ADVANCE ALL!!!

Willy

Just a quick bump, in case anyone has any ideas... TIA
Hello all!

Here's me again, with compilation problems, (as if I ever had 'em)

Tried git clone, would not work, so i decided to rename everything "old" I had, I backed up my wallet and decided for a full install again.. (that would never fail, right??)

Well, It starts good, but then all sorts of error, I unfotunatelly don't understand, show up. I could not copy all of 'em, but here's a pastebin of the last visible lines..

http://pastebin.com/FqwG3B1u

I hope someone can gimme a bit of guiding, as I miss seeing and checking my Nexus wallet...  Sad

Thanks in ADVANCE ALL!!!

Willy
Activity: 799
I wonder if amount of tx/trust blocks effects load times, i have e3-1230v3 and 8 gig ram and wallet still takes like 15mins to load.

Clear all of that shit out of your roaming/nexus folder.  Leave the wallet.dat.  Redownload the chain.  Mine is crazy fast now.

Fwiw i kept, database folder, blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat, and of course wallet.dat deleted the rest and load time went down to ~ 1-2mins best of all no need to resync.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
How to Setup Google Cloud Mining
- Bunnywinkles
This guide assumes you have a Google Cloud account. I will refer to the Google Menu button as the hamburger.

Setup an Instance Template

1.  Click the hamburger and navigate to "Compute Engine"
2.  Click on "Instance Templates"
3.  Click "Create Instance Template"
4.  Name your instance. No spaces, lower case only.
5.  For a trial account I reccomend the "n1-highcpu-8".
6.  Under "Boot Disk" click "Change"
7.  Select "Ubuntu 14.04 LTS", change "Boot Disk Type" to "Standard persistance disk"
8.  Click "Management, disk, networking, SSH keys" to open additional options
9.  Past the following into the startup script:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y git libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev make build-essential libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev
git clone https://github.com/Nexusoft/PrimePoolMiner
cd PrimePoolMiner && mkdir build
make -j8 -f makefile.unix
echo '#!/bin/bash
./nexus_cpuminer nexusminingpool.com 9549 [YOURADDYHERE]' > mine.sh && chmod +x mine.sh
screen -dmS thescreen ./mine.sh

10. Replace [YOURADDYHERE] with your address (Remove the barckets as well)
11. Turn "Preemptibility" On
12. Click "Create"

Setup a Health Check

1.  Click "Health checks"
2.  Click "Create Health Check"
3.  Name your health check. No spaces, lower case only.
4.  Change "Check interval" to 10 seconds
5.  Change "Unhealthy threshold" to 5 consecutive failures
6.  Click "Save"

Setup an Instance Group

1.  Click "Instance Groups"
2.  Click "Create Instance Group"
3.  Name your instance group. No spaces, lower case only.
4.  Select a zone. Trial accounts are limited to 8 vCPUs per region (us-central, etc). You should create a group for each region to maximize    profits
5.  Full accounts can modify the "Number of Instances" so they can fill their quota
6.  In the "Instance Template" dropdown select your template you created
7.  In the "Health Check" select your health check
8.  Click "Create"

If this helped you at all feel free to toss me some NXS or BTC

NXS 2SWdVpuNTGjDti2bVn4kpXTsX5B3iKJWCU92LDtuQ6ck1HJmejy
BTC 1CeJm1wcz1pYfi7a2C93Mg643ZLkKQz1eg

v1.0
legendary
Activity: 1274
I wonder if amount of tx/trust blocks effects load times, i have e3-1230v3 and 8 gig ram and wallet still takes like 15mins to load.

Clear all of that shit out of your roaming/nexus folder.  Leave the wallet.dat.  Redownload the chain.  Mine is crazy fast now.
Activity: 799
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
New wallet is working great!!!
legendary
Hi,
does someone have a compiled version of the nvidia driver ? I can only find the source code.

Thanks !

Hi! Could anybody be so kind and share new skminer binaries for nvidia and amd? I am not good at it and always get errors while building it. Thanks in advance.
they can be found here:
amd skminer binaries: https://mega.co.nz/#!cZNkSLaR!06vxBDgNQskXV9VR5khc4I0pYJ6hKrQzxWXfFP71ONY
nvidia binaries: https://mega.co.nz/#!kEVzECqa!fBm_qhBXCVkpWpjRW0su_GVEas21CtVnuAGSakpi-8o

I haven't included any dll files (as my computer does request any), however it should be the same one as in previous versions
Activity: 213
Merit: 101
Hi,
does someone have a compiled version of the nvidia driver ? I can only find the source code.

Thanks !
legendary
First Block found with GPU.

Edit:  found around 4 blocks with gpu in 12h; I disabled cpu mining bc it was making my apartment in to a furnace.  Not bad Cheesy
legendary
Wallet has been staking like a champ today.

Memory Usage on Windows 10:

Cpu usage is very low

Mining both channels and generating nxs through staking is legit.

Hardware:

Gpu:  2x R9 380 Nitro
Cpu:  Fx-9590 (running 6 threads for mining)

I'll let you guys know when I find a block.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Nexus Release 0.2.0.3
https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/releases/tag/0.2.0.3

Release notes included in link, OSX, Ubuntu, and Windoze wallets compiled under for this version.
Update 0.2.1.0 - LLD Experimental Core coming later this week. Testnet Trust Update coming next week.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thank You,
Viz.
viz, nexus is one of the most memory and cpu cycle hungry wallet i'm running, any plan to improve it?
thank you
Code:
  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND            
30002 skunk     20   0 1655984 660352  38908 S  68.0 17.6  14:02.29 nexus              
29110 bitcoin   30  10 1675076 526680   7072 S   1.0 14.0 341:13.83 bitcoind          
30110 skunk     20   0 1516736 711588   5948 S   0.7 19.0 587:47.78 geth          
legendary
450k blocks left to go, and I'll be sync'd and generating trust!

The wallet opened in less than 2 seconds for me (on a monster of a desktop though Cheesy)
legendary
Activity: 812
Nexus Release 0.2.0.3

Release notes included in link, OSX, Ubuntu, and Windoze wallets compiled under for this version.
Update 0.2.1.0 - LLD Experimental Core coming later this week. Testnet Trust Update coming next week.

Thank You,
Viz.

Firing it up!  The block index is still taking quite some time to load.  Will report back in a bit.  (Windows)

Edit:  Ok it took ~3-4 minutes on my windows pc.  Wallet is syncing relatively quickly despite having only one connection.

Do you have any suggestions to help me acquire more connections?  I usually max out at around six.

Edit2:  Still one connection after 3-4 minutes of syncing.
Edit3:  Still one connection ~ 10 minutes
Edit4:  One connection after 15 minutes Sad  

Hopefully someone has some insight.  I've shut down nexus-qt for the time being.  I will keep the wallet open permanently when this is resolved.
Keep swinging guys, thanks!

Edit5: (yes I'm OCDish)  I've got a lot of shit in my roaming folder for nxs from early 2015.... I deleted everything but the wallet.dat.  The wallet loaded instantly and acquired multiple connections to the network.  BRAVO!  

Perfect, clearing out those old addr.dat files should have made the difference there.  The blockchain downloading is still slow but the wallet loading was only 10 seconds for me on a Macbook (although that's before the whole chain was downloaded).  I'll update later once I get the chain completely downloaded
legendary
Nexus Release 0.2.0.3

Thank You,
Viz.

Firing it up!  The block index is still taking quite some time to load.  Will report back in a bit.  (Windows)

Edit:  Ok it took ~3-4 minutes on my windows pc.  Wallet is syncing relatively quickly despite having only one connection.

Do you have any suggestions to help me acquire more connections?  I usually max out at around six.

Edit2:  Still one connection after 3-4 minutes of syncing.
Edit3:  Still one connection ~ 10 minutes
Edit4:  One connection after 15 minutes Sad  

Hopefully someone has some insight.  I've shut down nexus-qt for the time being.  I will keep the wallet open permanently when this is resolved.
Keep swinging guys, thanks!

Edit5: (yes I'm OCDish)  I've got a lot of shit in my roaming folder for nxs from early 2015.... I deleted everything but the wallet.dat.  The wallet loaded instantly and acquired multiple connections to the network.  BRAVO!  
legendary
Nexus Release 0.2.0.3

Thank You,
Viz.
Jump to: