Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 289. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 100
I found the miner.conf file and made a few changes, been stable for a good few hours now.  The changes I made were to lower the intensity of the GPU that has the monitor plugged in to it and to also set the target temp lower.

Tried different threads, worksizes & look up gaps but it made no real difference to hash rate.

Playing with the clocks showed some results for me stability wise.

Algo doesn't behave like pure Skein or Keccak so that makes it a bit of a guessing game.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
I found the miner.conf file and made a few changes, been stable for a good few hours now.  The changes I made were to lower the intensity of the GPU that has the monitor plugged in to it and to also set the target temp lower.

Tried different threads, worksizes & look up gaps but it made no real difference to hash rate.
Hi,
I just found out something about the performance of the SKMiner for AMD GPUs, and I would like to share it, maybe others can also benefit from it.
Yesterday I've tried to install the latest AMD driver (14.12) on my Windows 10 machine that has a single ADM 7950 card mining CoinShield with SKMiner.
The result was a drastic drop in the mining speed from about 35MHash/s to 25MHash/s. I saw similar problems when I played with different driver versions but I didn't realized then what exactly made the difference. I read somewhere that  different versions of the OpenCL related dlls may play a role in performance of some miners so I backed up all the DLLs that I know to be related to OpenCL before the driver update. Then, after I saw the sudden drop in the performance I've tried to see if using the older DLLs will affect the performance of the miner, and indeed just putting the amdocl64.dll file in the same folder with the miner restored the original 35Mhash/s mining speed I had before. Maybe this difference in the performance is related to my specific GPU or OS but it worth a try, so I'm sharing the DLL mentioned above:
https://mega.co.nz/#!6c1zTarR!qzIYqEMj-LclQUO-Ykv59Mc1w64nPOZEVbHkbBavBQU
This amdocl64.dll can be found also in the official 14.9 driver. (after extraction the path should be similar to C:\AMD\AMD-Catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-64Bit-dd-ccc-whql\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\B176041\amdocl64.dll - DLL version: 10.0.1573.4)

-M

Sweet, that done the trick.  2x R9280X gone from 55mh to 80mh+.  Thanks so much for sharing your findings.....will send u a few blocks.

Are any devs working on optimizing the miners any further, both Nvidia & AMD?

Nice, I'll try that out.

After lowering my clocks a bit I'm stable at 12 MH for each 270. Not bad but far from good though..
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I could sell some CSDs at 2000sat, If someone wants PM me
wtb 0,6 btc @ 200 sat

Difficulty is rising, u need to quadruple your 200 sat offer.
Hi,
I just found out something about the performance of the SKMiner for AMD GPUs, and I would like to share it, maybe others can also benefit from it.
Yesterday I've tried to install the latest AMD driver (14.12) on my Windows 10 machine that has a single ADM 7950 card mining CoinShield with SKMiner.
The result was a drastic drop in the mining speed from about 35MHash/s to 25MHash/s. I saw similar problems when I played with different driver versions but I didn't realized then what exactly made the difference. I read somewhere that  different versions of the OpenCL related dlls may play a role in performance of some miners so I backed up all the DLLs that I know to be related to OpenCL before the driver update. Then, after I saw the sudden drop in the performance I've tried to see if using the older DLLs will affect the performance of the miner, and indeed just putting the amdocl64.dll file in the same folder with the miner restored the original 35Mhash/s mining speed I had before. Maybe this difference in the performance is related to my specific GPU or OS but it worth a try, so I'm sharing the DLL mentioned above:
This amdocl64.dll can be found also in the official 14.9 driver. (after extraction the path should be similar to C:\AMD\AMD-Catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-64Bit-dd-ccc-whql\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\B176041\amdocl64.dll - DLL version: 10.0.1573.4)

-M

Sweet, that done the trick.  2x R9280X gone from 55mh to 80mh+.  Thanks so much for sharing your findings.....will send u a few blocks.

Are any devs working on optimizing the miners any further, both Nvidia & AMD?

Activity: 291
Hi,

-M
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
wtb 0,6 btc @ 200 sat

You should put a buy order here: https://coin-swap.net/market/CSD/BTC

Prices will increase as we continue to grow. It is still cheap.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
wtb 0,6 btc @ 200 sat
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Beta pool is up at 204.27.62.234:9549.
Instant Payouts, Account Balance and Payout shown in Miner.

Prime Pool Miners:
Source Code [Github]
Windows Binary x86
Windows Binary x64

Full pool with Front End is on its way. This is when a GPU pool will be available.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
ive got my eye on this one
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Any pool now?
Is the miner bug fixed?
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Thanks for all the hard work Viz.  After being stung by many shitcoins earlier in the year, CSD has restored my faith in crypto/mining.  Going to keep a bag of these, see where it goes......

GTX970 approx 55mh
R9280X approx 27mh

Am I doing something wrong?  Kinda hoped for more from my last 2 remaining AMD cards apart from keeping the kitchen nice and warm.

With the AMD you should have much higher hash rate. I have 36Mhash with a lower category 7950. It's important to have the latest AMD drivers though I'm running with 14.9

I have three 270s running at 22mh approx without much tuning.

Only annoying thing is the miner shuts down after a while, temps are ~65.
Are you using the miner from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9754708 ?

Not sure, using the one from the op. Downloaded yesterday or so?

Already found 12 blocks in half a day or so. Just bad that it keeps shutting down. I'll invest more time into fine tuning and share the details tomorrow Smiley
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Namsbreh,

You're welcome - I'm glad we have helped to restore your faith  Smiley

Thank you for helping support the Vision of a Brighter Future,
Viz.
Thanks for all the hard work Viz.  After being stung by many shitcoins earlier in the year, CSD has restored my faith in crypto/mining.  Going to keep a bag of these, see where it goes......

GTX970 approx 55mh
R9280X approx 27mh

Am I doing something wrong?  Kinda hoped for more from my last 2 remaining AMD cards apart from keeping the kitchen nice and warm.

With the AMD you should have much higher hash rate. I have 36Mhash with a lower category 7950. It's important to have the latest AMD drivers though I'm running with 14.9

I have three 270s running at 22mh approx without much tuning.

Only annoying thing is the miner shuts down after a while, temps are ~65.
Are you using the miner from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9754708 ?

Yes I am using that miner with 14.7 drivers.  Will find and try 14.9. Thanks
Activity: 291
How many blocks hitting with your AMD at 36Mh, daily Smiley
I don't have exact statistics but i estimate around 10 blocks/day
hmm quite a nice score , I think..
how many 280X do you mining it with? Smiley

just a single 7950
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io