Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 378. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Sorry if this was already asked... but will the GPU miner be available on Launch?

how about power usage for your GPU algo ? have you done some test ?

I'm interested in this also.

Would like to know if my rigs are going to become space heaters again...

Videlicet will reply however there will be a slight delay. He has been coding and testing 15hrs+ everyday. I informed him about your posts, as soon as he takes a break he will jump on and reply.

dafuq, thought u'd launched but im guessing this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-shld-shieldcoin-x15-pos-fair-launch-whitepaper-release-681570 isnt CSD

theyve just switched the name around and made it x15

That is not Coinshield. We have not launched. I'm sorry for the confusion the other coin dev. has caused. This is another example as to why the industry needs Coinshield.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
dafuq, thought u'd launched but im guessing this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-shld-shieldcoin-x15-pos-fair-launch-whitepaper-release-681570 isnt CSD

Shieldcoin just looks like some garbage clonecoin bullshit.

It looks like the Coinshield team wants to ensure that everything is absolutely perfect before they launch.

They are bringing never before seen innovation to the crypto community, and I am very excited, to say the least.

I'll see you guys in three days, when it's ready to go live.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Sorry if this was already asked... but will the GPU miner be available on Launch?

I'm interested in this also.

Would like to know if my rigs are going to become space heaters again...
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
reality overcomes
Yet another shit-killer! pls try not to become the new kind of SHITCOIN Roll Eyes
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
 SHA-512 ,whitch one ? SHA-2 512bit, or SHA-3 keccak 512bit ?
and is there a cpu miner for this algo?
Activity: 539
Activity: 323
Shitcoins make whales a living
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
What happens when the entire community of shits (including whales) decide to go against you? Shitcoins make whales a living, take that from them and they'll come after you. They could destroy the value of this coin and wondering if you can defend against hundreds of BTC. So how would this be resolved?

Also the shitcoin that gets the highest votes will probably be dead for a while and really doesn't matter anymore. Instead of trying to kill already dead shitcoins maybe try preventing them from being created which I find impossible now.

If this were the circumstances, I would presume a whale [or community of a coin] would be active in appealing any petitions to destroy said shitcoin. This would cause a significant controversy that would have to be resolved before a petition was approved or denied. I want to clarify, that it will not be us making the decisions, we are only here to make sure the community's voice is actively reflected.

Onto your point of preventing coins from being created, this is what Coinshield Verification will help with [by adding any Coinshield Verified Clones to channels]. We can not expect any changes to happen over night, but I believe as more people become familiar with the Vision of Coinshield, eventually we can bring some quality into the marketplace. This will come from people raising their standards of "what is acceptable", while having a new tool [Coinshield] that gives them the power to do so.

If we work together, we can change the way things are.

~Videlicet
Activity: 952
What happens when the entire community of shits (including whales) decide to go against you? Shitcoins make whales a living, take that from them and they'll come after you. They could destroy the value of this coin and wondering if you can defend against hundreds of BTC. So how would this be resolved?

Also the shitcoin that gets the highest votes will probably be dead for a while and really doesn't matter anymore. Instead of trying to kill already dead shitcoins maybe try preventing them from being created which I find impossible now.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
After reading the text I thought you were working for the NSA.

But anyway your coin is shit like many other coins.

The market is the place where coins are judged.

Your described methods are furthermore not legal or do you own a bank license and work as a sheriff at the same time?

I bet if you don't work for the NSA they'll catch you soon and everyone else involved too.

Or some coin owners.

To invest money in destroying coins is like throwing it away.

Put yourself on your own list.
Coinshield launch date has been pushed back a few days so Videlicet can finish testing. The new date is 7/11 at noon (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time. CLICK HERE for countdown. The following was added to the OP:

CSD- Unique Features

The following features are unique to Coinshield and were created by Videlicet.

Upgraded Hashing - 1024 Bit Block Headers/ 512 Bit Core
Coinshield was built to be secure. CSD is the first coin to upgrade from a 256 bit to a 512 bit core and a 1024 block hash.

CSD Unified Time Model - Synchronizes Clocks Worldwide
Miners can no longer try to gain an unfair advantage by manipulating their clocks. No more "your wallet is 2 hours behind" error. Wallets will always be on the correct time, regardless of your clocks settings. CSD Unified Time Model keeps your clock in sync to the second no matter if your clock is off by 5 minutes or 5 days.

CSD Fractional Rewarding - Prevents Inflation / Locks Distribution to Timed Release
No more instamine! Goodbye HUGE multi-pool profits! CSD Fractional Rewarding bases block reward off of the block time when the chain is producing too many blocks. This will keep the Coin Distribution Locked to a Specific Time, which means no matter how many blocks are made, coin supply will remain on target.

No More Block Reward Halving
Coinshield was designed to have longevity, and be a stable container for wealth for many years to come. This is why coinshield block reward will never half over night. CSD follows an exponential decay model, which follows a curve to ease shock to market. It will be mineable forever, with minimal inflation of 1% after 10 years.

The First Multi-Channel coin with POS
Coinshield has a CPU mining channel, a GPU mining channel, and POS at a 2% Annual Inflation (2 Week Age, 2 Year Limit).

SK-1024 (New GPU Mining Algorithm)
Skein-1024 hashed to Keccak-1024. Skein was the second runner up in the NIST SHA3 competition. Together these two algorithms are highly secure.

Prime Search (New CPU Mining Algorithm)
This channel looks for very large prime numbers from a 1024 bit hash. These numbers can be as large as 308 digits. It uses a fractional difficulty proportion to adjust the difficulty. This will help number theorist in proving/disproving conjectures concerning prime numbers.

Shield Target - Target Difficulty from Chain Time and Block Time Proportions
Coinshield has it's own difficulty targeting system called Shield Target. Shield Target will provide Coinshield with a smooth increase and sharp decrease in mining difficulty. For the GPU mining algorithm Shield Target uses two variables:
1. Giving Block Time
2. The Chain Time

The first variable will tell you how far off target that one block is, the next variable will tell you what block the block chain should be at. If the height of block being created is less than the target chain height, that block will be at a lower difficulty to stimulate more block production. This will bring chain back to its target. If chain is too far ahead of target, it will have larger difficulty increases to increase their block times and get the chain back on target (for specifics see code at launch).

For the CPU, Shield Target works by getting an average of N block times which will determine what the difficulty should be adjusted to. The prime numbers found will have to fulfill a proportion of Fermat Remainders of (2 (2n - 1) + 1) and ((n - 1) / 2) + 1) / 2 which makes larger proportions *rare* to find. The second factor taken into account is the size of the 1024 hash. This is done by taking the difference between largest 1024 bit number and prime number to account for larger primes requiring more computing to produce.
I really don't think this concept can work fairly. It's so ripe for exploitation.

How exactly do you see this being exploited?
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
I really don't think this concept can work fairly. It's so ripe for exploitation.
I don´t like the idea of sending you my shitcoins for coinshields knowing that you are gaining BTC from that.

I would prefer that the CSD would be emitted through a Proof of Burn of shitcoins.

BTC gained from your shitcoins will be used to build buy walls for Coinshield. All transactions will be public. We will show a history of our buy walls on our main site (coinshield.io). You will be able to track your shitcoins from our system, to an exchange, to btc, and to the buy walls. If anyone dumps on our buy walls the CSD generated from that will go into our shitcoin trade channels as a secondary  funding source of CSD to ensure we can continue trading without interruptions (waiting for trade channels to replenish themselves).

I hope this makes the process a bit clearer.

~KryptoKash
Activity: 784
I don´t like the idea of sending you my shitcoins for coinshields knowing that you are gaining BTC from that.

I would prefer that the CSD would be emitted through a Proof of Burn of shitcoins.
Activity: 700
[Progress] is being made, here is an [update]:

3. GPU Channel [Right now is SHA512, BLAKE512, SKEIN1024]. TODO: External Solo GPU Miner
Please ensure that you have a patch for sgminer v5 branch ( https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/tree/v5_0 ) available at launch.

You can likely get it committed to the main repo before launch it you act quickly.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
4. [IN-PROCESS] Implementing Unified Time Model [Synchronizes network to same time from a Seed Regardless of your time]. No more clock problems.

Do you have any more details on this published anywhere?

It is of my own programming, and it works like this:
1. When node first starts, it grabs DNS seeds [for seed nodes] addresses and connects to each seed
2. Upon connection, node gets offset from that seed node, and averages it to the offset of other seed nodes [that are already connected]
3. If no seed nodes are found [seed nodes are all down], time will be seeded from average offset of connected peers [which is the unified time seed, saved on HD of peers]
4. This node's unified time seed will then be stored in DB, for anyone coming onto network to synchronize their clocks with [by comparing each other's unified times]
5. Unified Time Seed is checked to Median Seed every time there is a new connection from [seed node if there are seeds connected, peers if there are no seeds connected]

I have been testing, and results so far are + or - 2 seconds from clocks that are + or - 2 days out of sync.
This prevents manipulation of time within [allowable clock drift], and keeps difficulty adjustments smoother.
Last thing it does is make the system more user friendly [to not give pesky warning messages of clock being out of sync].

~Videlicet
Activity: 252
Activity: 294
Bitmark Developer
4. [IN-PROCESS] Implementing Unified Time Model [Synchronizes network to same time from a Seed Regardless of your time]. No more clock problems.

Do you have any more details on this published anywhere?
Jump to: