Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 376. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Thank you everyone! I'll post some more details [of what you can do to help test] when I release the binaries. I will be sure to have some compiled for linux / windows.

The GPU algorithm should run cooler than [scrypt / scrypt-n], it is based off of top 5 SHA3 candidates [winner and runner up] which had to maintain a certain level of efficiency [x11 is just a combination of 11 SHA3 candidates]. I don't have any reasonable data to verify this, so keep in mind this is a [logical assumption] for now... I will be sure to post test data as soon as I have it.

~Videlicet
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
What would testing involve?  Just mining?  I can do some CPU mining on Windows 8.1 machine with a 1st gen i7 (970)...

Would be interested in seeing how this plays out! Smiley  Sounds like a great concept and carefully planned... hope it executes in the same fashion! Smiley
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I can also test with windows xp/vista/7/8 and ubuntu 10/12/14.

Perfect, Thank You. I'll be sure to let you know [I'm projecting that I'll release some binaries by Friday]

~Videlicet

Dear Videlicet,

I can help to test with many Linux Server Centos 6, Windows server 2003, windows 8

Best Regrds,
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
I can help test as well. I have many *buntu variants 32 & 64 and a few random win boxes for color.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
willing to help in test net
i'm on win7 64 and xp 32

i like this project anyway and will support it
i really hate all those premined shitcoins

btw, i saw someone already asked this but no answer so far
so i asking again
how is the heating conditions for hashing in this algo?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries ... so that we can test it on a testnet before launch.

+10

Happy to help with the testing (Ubuntu trusty 64bit, OS X 10.6).

Cheers

Graham

legendary

Perfect, Thank You. I'll be sure to let you know [I'm projecting that I'll release some binaries by Friday]

~Videlicet

pm me at the time, I try to follow other interesting threads daily, but do not always manage as I am also busy developing!

Thank you for your willingness to help!

~Videlicet
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer

~Videlicet

pm me at the time, I try to follow other interesting threads daily, but do not always manage as I am also busy developing!
legendary

~Videlicet
Bitmark Developer

You can upload binaries to github by tagging a release, I just went through this process and found it to be easy. You can download by wget as well, which is good for testing on servers.
legendary
Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

Thank You,
~Videlicet

I would be interested to participate in some testing.

Thank You, what operating system would you be able to test with?

~Videlicet
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
We have updated the OP. Here is the final version of everything that is unique to Coinshield:
CSD- Unique Features

The following features are unique to Coinshield and were created by Videlicet.

Increased Security
SK-1024, SK-512, and SK-256 hashes used for Coinshield Core (to replace SHA2). It is Skein (second runner up in NIST SHA3 Competition) and Keccak (New SHA3 Standard) hashed together. This makes Coinshield the first to create a pure SHA3 network. This will allow it to stand the tests of time as computers get more and more powerful.

Upgraded Hashing
Coin Shield will be the first coin to use a 256-bit address hash, 512-bit transaction hash, and 1024-bit block hash.

SK-256 hashing for address generation
SK-256 hashing for address generation (ex. 2QuLJSwmbzQsXSosdLnew1FWmn8NFKUDEBwe4VP4DPCgbMxGeQN)

Coinshield will use Multiple Mining Channels and Proof of Stake
Multiple Mining Channels and Proof of Stake will make a 51% attack on Coin Shield very difficult (miner would need 51% of all three channels). Proof of Stake is set at a 2% Annual Inflation (2 Week Age, 2 Year Limit).

CSD Unified Time Model - Synchronizes Clocks Worldwide
Miners can no longer try to gain an unfair advantage by manipulating their clocks. CSD Unified Time Model keeps your Wallet in sync to the second no matter if your clock is off by 5 minutes or 5 days.

CSD Fractional Rewarding - Prevents Inflation / Locks Distribution to Timed Release
Coinshield will use a fractional rewarding system, this helps to ensure coin generation stays “on target” regardless of the number of blocks actually being created by the miners. It will be based per mining channel, which means each channel is awarded 50% of the time released supply (to keep distribution fair). No more instamine. Multipools will no longer profit.

No More Block Reward Halving
Coinshield was designed to have longevity, and be a stable container for wealth for many years to come. This is why Coinshield block reward will never half over night. Coins produced per minute is based on a slow decaying curve. This eases shock to the market by following a very natural time based curve. Mining should be considered “long-term” (~1% inflation after 10 years).

SK-1024 (New GPU Mining Algorithm)
Skein-1024 will be hashed to Keccak-1600 to produce an SK-1024 hash.

Prime Search (New CPU Mining Algorithm)
 This was created for the betterment of Mathematics and Number Theory. CPU miner will look for dense prime number clusters from a 1024 bit hash (~308 digits). This will help in the proving / disproving of The Twin Prime Conjecture, Polignac's Conjecture, and The Hardy-Littlewood Conjecture.

Shield Target - Target Difficulty from Chain Time and Block Time Proportions
Coinshield uses Shield Target, to work hand-in-hand with fractional rewarding. It will deflate the difficulty if mining channel is behind in blocks to bring reward up to target. It also uses asymmetrical adjustments to give higher priority to reduction in difficulty (this allows channel to recover quickly from large hash rate decreases).

Activity: 291
Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

Thank You,
~Videlicet

I would be interested to participate in some testing.
legendary

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

EDIT: I assure the quality of the code by dedicating a large quantity of my time solely to its development - experience amplifies this. It is my personal philosophy that more minds together amplifies anything; with this being said - all willing [testers] will be welcomed with open arms

Thank You,
~Videlicet
Bitmark Developer

I'm extending launch 1 more week. It will be on 7/18/14 12:00 PM

This will be the last extension [I Promise].
I am only one person, and I still have to write an external GPU miner from scratch [also still waiting on data centers to get more servers]

Everything else is done.

~Videlicet

New Launch (And Final) Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140718T12&p0=137&msg=CoinShield+Launch&csz=1
legendary
I'm extending launch 1 more week. It will be on 7/18/14 12:00 PM

This will be the last extension [I Promise].
I am only one person, and I still have to write an external GPU miner from scratch [also still waiting on data centers to get more servers]

Everything else is done.

~Videlicet
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
i am waiting to dig.
are the cpu and gpu tools ready?
I hold a few coins that I would deem shit.
Can't see how I can transfer these coins to a new wallet that you would be controlling when the coin itself is dead and can't be transferred any longer between wallets because no one is able to confirm transactions.

Are these coins deem beyond Shit coin status ?

If a coin is deemed shit by the community we will open a trade channel for it. If the coin has no miners and no one can confirm transactions the trade channel will go dormant. It will only send you CSD after it receives your coins. If it receives your coins after a set expiration time, your coins are returned to you. If or when the chain becomes unstuck, you will not have any issues using the trade channel. This will ensure that shitcoins stay dead and valueless.

so let's take the following case:

i have 6 mil CTD - the network works. I just send 6 mil to the trade channel. i will receive how many CSD?

Coinshield trade channels will use a highly advanced trade algorithm. The trade channel will check several factors prior to giving you an exchange rate. (value of both coins, the current buy orders of the shitcoin, as well as how many of the total supply we have already traded in and dumped, as well as a few other things). How much CSD you receive will depend on all these factors. Remember to get the best exchange rate possible you will want to be one of the first traders when the channel opens.
legendary

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with a memory-hard proof of work algorithm for GPUs.

I decided to go with Skein and Keccak due to their security [and implementation of 1024 bit hashing]. My aim with this algorithm is ease on mining hardware, and from my experience memory hard hashing functions are a bit harder on hardware [Rather than the SHA3 candidates ex. blake, skein, keccak, etc.].

~Videlicet

You mean the algorithm will be Skein and Keccak combined?

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet
It change every page  Roll Eyes (a page ago it was sha-512/blake-512/skein-1024 now what exactly ?

It is all part of the process. Cheesy

The final is SK-1024 and SK-512 which is Skein hashed to Keccak. This is implemented currently in Coinshield Core to replace all SHA2 hashes. Block Hashes use SK-1024, Core uses SK-512. Skein was the second runner up to Keccak in the NIST SHA3 competition, which makes them a strong combination.

EDIT: Here is an example of a Coinshield Address
2QuLJSwmbzQsXSosdLnew1FWmn8NFKUDEBwe4VP4DPCgbMxGeQN

I upgraded the hashing for addresses to SK-256 as well. [a bitcoin address looks like 1Fi57hAqyYYwaQVdA7a9qSKfiukBbt31G3]

~Videlicet
Jump to: