Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 374. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
Videlicet,

I would like to tip you with 80 Bitmarks out of respect for your hard work and approach to the development of, and communication about, your CoinShield project.

This represents 4 full blocks and is 1/3rd of the coins I own, hopefully one day it will serve to be of some value to you.

If you pass me a Bitmark address I will send you the coins.

Keep up the good work, innovation and hard work are to be admired.

Mark
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
I'm not going to be able to rental mine this am I?

Yes, I do believe you are correct.

Hi, I just wanted to say... very early on I was quite critical of this project (and I still have qualms about the concept) but I must say that I am impressed with the amount of development that you have put into this coin.  I hope that you are able to have a successful launch and do some good for the altcoin community.  Please remember the little guys when you launch, and be thorough before deciding to take out a coin!

- BRM

I appreciate the support. The way I see it is - if I'm going to take the stance of quality, I better put in the hard work to back it up. I'm sure over time this idea will continually be refined to prevent manipulation as with any new system. Unfortunately sometimes the only way to discover [and prevent] such things is through the experience of them.

My ultimate goal here, is to convey to everyone that we can change the way things are by working together. I personally believe the way to unite the people is through a cause they all can have a part in - the direction. I hope that my hard work here, will encourage other developers to work hard on their projects to really produce unique and useful coins. This will help the public adoption of cryptocurrencies by improving the quality [and image] of the marketplace.

Thank You,
~Videlicet

edit: slight reformatting
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Hi, I just wanted to say... very early on I was quite critical of this project (and I still have qualms about the concept) but I must say that I am impressed with the amount of development that you have put into this coin.  I hope that you are able to have a successful launch and do some good for the altcoin community.  Please remember the little guys when you launch, and be thorough before deciding to take out a coin!

- BRM
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I'm not going to be able to rental mine this am I?
legendary
Mineable only by CPU?

There is an SK-1024 GPU channel, and Prime Number CPU channel.

~Videlicet

Activity: 252
legendary
Good work Videlicet, I look forward to testing your code.

Which CPU are you using?

Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3Ghz

~Videlicet
Bitmark Developer
Good work Videlicet, I look forward to testing your code.

Which CPU are you using?
legendary
Here is an [update] of current [progress]:

1. All major systems coded and implemented in Coinshield Core [clearing up last few bugs / tuning the engine]
2. Upgrading elliptical private/public key system in wallet to 1024 bits [in-process, private key output is 1024 bits, adjusting curve group to have larger modulation than NID_secp256k1]
3. Finally had time [while testing] to work on Qt, got it up to par. I will be doing more development on this post-launch.
4. [in-process] of developing RPC client to handle GetBlockTemplate for external CPU / GPU while [BitSlapper is working on GPU kernal, everyone give him a Big Thank You for offering his help].

My CPU hashrate for SK-1024 is about 50 kh/s per core.
It looks like we will be ready for public testing quite soon.

~Videlicet

edit: slight reformatting
legendary
Can we expect wallet for Android?

Yes, but not at launch. This will be of a lower priority compared to other components [exchange / voting channels, coinshield core, etc.].

~Videlicet
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
Can we expect wallet for Android?
Activity: 336
oooo cool man thank you very much waiting for this good project to happen sick and tired from p/d schemes  Undecided
I will be here waiting and watching the thread for news  Cool
Have a great evening Grin
hi there fellas, can you tell me how to mine this coin because i don't see in the OP Sad

You're gonna have to wait until the coin is released my friend Smiley
A ok man sorry Cheesy i thought it was released Smiley
When is the release date and hour do you know ?

"7/18"

6 days from now Tongue
hi there fellas, can you tell me how to mine this coin because i don't see in the OP Sad

A ok man sorry Cheesy i thought it was released Smiley
When is the release date and hour do you know ?

Activity: 924
Merit: 520
Wow...this coin has the potential to change the cryptocurrency landscape!
Bitmark Developer
Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04
And with that... this coin is dead to me.

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

I hope CoinShield is the first coin that this project tried to destroy, lol.

I checked this at length earlier in the project, here is how it works out (1.6-2.7% which averages to about 2% over all) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7409023

you could easily say a good dev team with a good project would still profit without an ipo/premine/etc.

Exactly, we have worked out a model that requires no taxation, premine, ipo, instamine or anything of the kind for Bitmark, discussed it at length and adopted it. There are other ways.

We could not implement taxation as it would break compatibility with existing software which we cannot do on our own project, so had to abandon it.

However CoinSheild does not have this problem as it is innovation focused with no backwards compatibility to be concerned with, so taxation will work here.

I personally feel sub 1% (0.25% even) would be better, but 2% is not so bad, and if it does not become hugely successful there is nothing at stake, value will be earned here through hard work which is the most important thing.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04
And with that... this coin is dead to me.

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

I hope CoinShield is the first coin that this project tried to destroy, lol.

I hear ya on that BUT this sort of method of dev compensation is actually kinda interesting since its more of a commission in the way that if the project does not succeed the dev gets shit. Still, you want to push that to the extreme and you could easily say a good dev team with a good project would still profit without an ipo/premine/etc.
Activity: 291
Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

Thank You,
~Videlicet

I would be interested to participate in some testing.

Thank You, what operating system would you be able to test with?

~Videlicet

I used to develop mainly under windows but I'm familiar with both windows and linux environment.
Jump to: