Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 375. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04
And with that... this coin is dead to me.

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.
What a well considered and thoughtful comment  Smiley.

Instead of being a little bitch, why dont you read this:

Lol you're joking right?

He's implementing a new crypto algorithm for mining coins, currently by himself!

All of these coins you see that launch within 2 days of announcement are just copying code created by someone else and changing the block reward and logo's.

It's easy to copy work from someone else, it's not easy to come up with and implement original code.

Plus he's doing it pretty much for free. There's the 2% of each block over the course of the entire coin. So he only gets anything out of it if the coin does well for a long period of time.

If you aren't joking then please just go mine the next scam coin that comes out where a "dev" copied code and set aside a hidden premine or instamined and destroys the value of the coin as

soon as it gets launched on an exchange. Because that is obviously what you're looking for.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.
What a well considered and thoughtful comment  Smiley.  Your content for cryptoarticles.com must be seriously top notch with that quality of analysis and writing.
Activity: 252

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.
Activity: 700

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

I hope CoinShield is the first coin that this project tried to destroy, lol.
Activity: 433
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Thanks for the response  Grin ; I think this answers all my questions. I'll be keeping an eye on this; probably will mine some soon - but I find it strange that pump/dumpers are finding this coin so appealing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
It sounds like a cool idea, and has a great intention, but I don't see this ending well personally, though maybe I missed something. Please correct me if this is the case.

It seems to fly in the face of the concept of open markets, which is a major reason for bitcoin's success; and are investors really the right people to be deciding what is and isn't a shit coin?? This sounds like something that would be turned into a tool for pump+dumpers to me; Imagine - you make a shit coin, pump the hell out of it, dump it, buy back in, the shieldcoin community notices and finally gets around to voting this coin as a "shitcoin"
- at this point, the dumper is ready to move to shieldcoin, so not only do they get all their profit from pumping and dumping their "shit coin" (which is really subjective, at this point, bitcoin is a shit coin compared to many coins not taken seriously or valued, and joke coins like doge become legit successes. Who are we as investors, not devs, to make that decision?? many traders don't have the first idea why any of the coins work) Just imagine, for a moment, a bunch of greedy people with no technological knowledge voting on coins based on their innovations.

So basically what I'm saying is, this coin looks like something that would make shitcoins more profitable to churn out and pump, since it adds an extra layer of profit for the pumpers far more than it would for any bagholder. I believe mainstream adoption of decently developed coins will kill the real shitcoins, not making another coin and devoting it to hostility towards open markets. People make stupid choices in every market, it's not really up to anyone but yourself to stop that from happening. Trust me, I know it sucks to lose money on a trade, but this..??

...With a coin like this, I would finally have a reason to mine shitcoins!!! I didn't before. Should I be buying doge again? It does nothing, and is deemed the shittiest coin, yet it's been to nascar and saved starving childrens' lives. I really don't see how we could possibly play crypto-god in the way shield intends to, it is not our place to do such a thing. Is this some kind of crypto-government??
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Are you kidding me ?
7/8

7/11

7/18

shit coin

Lol you're joking right?

He's implementing a new crypto algorithm for mining coins, currently by himself!

All of these coins you see that launch within 2 days of announcement are just copying code created by someone else and changing the block reward and logo's.

It's easy to copy work from someone else, it's not easy to come up with and implement original code.

Plus he's doing it pretty much for free. There's the 2% of each block over the course of the entire coin. So he only gets anything out of it if the coin does well for a long period of time.

If you aren't joking then please just go mine the next scam coin that comes out where a "dev" copied code and set aside a hidden premine or instamined and destroys the value of the coin as

soon as it gets launched on an exchange. Because that is obviously what you're looking for.

Hear hear to this!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Are you kidding me ?
7/8

7/11

7/18

shit coin

Lol you're joking right?

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Probably no miner at launch for Nvidia ^^" You should ask in the cudaminer thread, there are some new devs there who like bounties Tongue

EDIT: Oh, no premine Tongue That's new *cough* So no bounties he Tongue
that depends what you call bounties (freshcoin, I should have negotiated... however it was a lose-lose situation since there was already a gpuminer and rentals...) Grin

Actually this one could be interesting (but again with a gpu miner at launch, laziness tends to win knowing that porting to nvidia when a amd code exists (and vice versa) is rather a no brainer...) as there is no implementation of skein-1024 to sphlib so you need to actually read the code  Grin.

legendary
Probably no miner at launch for Nvidia ^^" You should ask in the cudaminer thread, there are some new devs there who like bounties Tongue

I will look into an Nvidia implementation

To point out, there is a developer fee you can see outlined in the OP on a per block basis [~2% total coin supply after 10 years] which could be used for such purposes. The reason for this is to protect the investments of holders against "dev dumps" [by developers having large % holdings] that usually come with pre-mines, but to still have available some of the positive attributes of a pre-mine [ex. bounties, costs, design, development, etc.].

~Videlicet
Activity: 644

legendary
Thanks for reply
looking forward for more info on algorithm and it's miner

+1 Since the Pre-Launch of this coin, it has really evolved from community involvement. I wouldn't have come to create SK-1024 without many great suggestions  Smiley

Thank you for your support,
~Videlicet
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Thank you everyone! I'll post some more details [of what you can do to help test] when I release the binaries. I will be sure to have some compiled for linux / windows.

The GPU algorithm should run cooler than [scrypt / scrypt-n], it is based off of top 5 SHA3 candidates [winner and runner up] which had to maintain a certain level of efficiency [x11 is just a combination of 11 SHA3 candidates]. I don't have any reasonable data to verify this, so keep in mind this is a [logical assumption] for now... I will be sure to post test data as soon as I have it.

~Videlicet
Thanks for reply
looking forward for more info on algorithm and it's miner
legendary
Thank you everyone! I'll post some more details [of what you can do to help test] when I release the binaries. I will be sure to have some compiled for linux / windows.

The GPU algorithm should run cooler than [scrypt / scrypt-n], it is based off of top 5 SHA3 candidates [winner and runner up] which had to maintain a certain level of efficiency [x11 is just a combination of 11 SHA3 candidates]. I don't have any reasonable data to verify this, so keep in mind this is a [logical assumption] for now... I will be sure to post test data as soon as I have it.

~Videlicet
the top 5 sha3 candidate so basically it will be NIST5  Grin
(if it is the case... I will call that a fail and walk off Grin... but at least it will be faster to write your gpu miner... mine too in a matter of fact  Grin)
When I think I started to look into skein-1024 (which actually wouldn't be too difficult (though painful) to port to sphlib)

My apologies, I should have been clearer in my wording. What I was trying to convey, is that it is Skein-1024 to Keccak-1600 to produce an SK-1024 bit hash [of 1024 bit output length]. Keccak-1600 was the winner overall, where Skein-1024 made it to the last round [the top 5]. Since Keccak-1600 is a sponge function, it works quite well by "absorbing" the Skein-1024 hash then "squeezing" it into a 1024 bit hexadecimal string.

Example SHA3 [SK-1024] Hash:
000006c258cd34fa401ec28eb3967ff4c2f05df1700d24bd68efb6bfec7763e5db168f6d2ebfdc7 402168d7a3a673cca8373fce15d990b6151a3be26a01cdcf142019805a0b838f0d12b5909cecd4e 15811d89d7e23f402601409f1542c8475a4d7e7a1d078fa406e87b58eb64460b4465c87ddab25f6 a74c61e779b0e9c50bd

Example SHA2 [SHA256] Hash [Bitcoin Standard]:
00000001f757bb737f6596503e17cd17b0658ce630cc727c0cca81aec47c9f06

~Videlicet
legendary

~Videlicet
the top 5 sha3 candidate so basically it will be NIST5  Grin
(if it is the case... I will call that a fail and walk off Grin... but at least it will be faster to write your gpu miner... mine too in a matter of fact  Grin)
When I think I started to look into skein-1024 (which actually wouldn't be too difficult (though painful) to port to sphlib)

legendary

~Videlicet
so no more keccak-1024 and skein-1024 ?
(actually the only keccak-1024 I found, is an asm for fpga  Grin, and a slide for asic... I suppose in support for NIST competition)
I didn't even see an implementation of keccak-1024 in keccak source files... beside the fpga stuff)
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Are you kidding me ?
7/8

7/11

7/18

shit coin
Jump to: