Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 377. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with a memory-hard proof of work algorithm for GPUs.

I decided to go with Skein and Keccak due to their security [and implementation of 1024 bit hashing]. My aim with this algorithm is ease on mining hardware, and from my experience memory hard hashing functions are a bit harder on hardware [Rather than the SHA3 candidates ex. blake, skein, keccak, etc.].

~Videlicet

You mean the algorithm will be Skein and Keccak combined?

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet
It change every page  Roll Eyes (a page ago it was sha-512/blake-512/skein-1024 now what exactly ?
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
I hold a few coins that I would deem shit.
Can't see how I can transfer these coins to a new wallet that you would be controlling when the coin itself is dead and can't be transferred any longer between wallets because no one is able to confirm transactions.

Are these coins deem beyond Shit coin status ?

If a coin is deemed shit by the community we will open a trade channel for it. If the coin has no miners and no one can confirm transactions the trade channel will go dormant. It will only send you CSD after it receives your coins. If it receives your coins after a set expiration time, your coins are returned to you. If or when the chain becomes unstuck, you will not have any issues using the trade channel. This will ensure that shitcoins stay dead and valueless.

so let's take the following case:

i have 6 mil CTD - the network works. I just send 6 mil to the trade channel. i will receive how many CSD?
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Can't see how I can transfer these coins to a new wallet that you would be controlling when the coin itself is dead and can't be transferred any longer between wallets because no one is able to confirm transactions.

Are these coins deem beyond Shit coin status ?

If a coin is deemed shit by the community we will open a trade channel for it. If the coin has no miners and no one can confirm transactions the trade channel will go dormant. It will only send you CSD after it receives your coins. If it receives your coins after a set expiration time, your coins are returned to you. If or when the chain becomes unstuck, you will not have any issues using the trade channel. This will ensure that shitcoins stay dead and valueless.
Activity: 832
Merit: 500

Are these coins deemed beyond Shit coin status ?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with a memory-hard proof of work algorithm for GPUs.

I decided to go with Skein and Keccak due to their security [and implementation of 1024 bit hashing]. My aim with this algorithm is ease on mining hardware, and from my experience memory hard hashing functions are a bit harder on hardware [Rather than the SHA3 candidates ex. blake, skein, keccak, etc.].

~Videlicet

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet
Activity: 433
Merit: 250

~Videlicet

legendary
The administrator, I have a few questions

This coin has an CPU channel, GPU channel.

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

For example :1-10000 CPU 10001-Forever?

At the same time with the CPU, GPU mining, block how to reward?
How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

What is this three SOLO code? Not like other coins?

What command, how to identify the computer with CPU GPU dig or dig?

It will be minable forever, with 2% annual inflation after 10 years. The CPU and GPU have their own algorithms, so each has their own difficulty adjustments. The blocks are rewarded based on the time it took for that particular channel to solve the block. This keeps the distribution based on time, rather than blocks.

To make this fair, you really should release the mining software WELL in advance of the actual wallet release and coin launch...

Otherwise those behind this project have a clear and unfair advantage while others are still trying to compile/install and then optimize new mining software...  This isn't just another algo... this is totally new software you're talking about.

I appreciate your concerns, and this is definitely an optimum approach, unfortunately in my circumstances I am in the position of being the developer for not just the Coinshield Core, but the GPU/CPU Miners [and not to forget the CSD Exchange Channels]. This makes my highest priority the Coinshield Core which I am testing currently [this is why I've had the time to chip away at the ole' GPU miner]  Smiley

~Videlicet
Activity: 700

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

I think the idea is that the network can mine two algorithm simultaneously, and find a block with either one.  Diff would adjust per-algorithm to target a certain portion of CPU vs GPU mining.

There's other examples where such a system has already been implemented (prior multi-channel coins based on bitcoin)

To solo mine, nothing should change if you already know the technical details behind solo mining.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

Activity: 299
The whole takeover attitude is going to be the downfall of this.
Activity: 433
We should not absorb just shitcoin economies, we should set out to absorb every coin out there, even bitcoin.
The coins that provided real innovation can be invited over to join Coin Shield development team to create the most innovative cryptocurrency ever after having their coins' economy absorbed by the coin shredding machine known as CSD.
Activity: 700
Why is this even a thing

What do you see as a problem with the idea?  Seems like a solid project to me.

1. The CPU Miner - This will be released in the client at launch [will make external rpc miner in time]. This will be looking for prime clusters, searching off of a 1024 bit hash [~308 digits]. It will help to determine various prime number conjectures concerning "dense prime clusters". These clusters have been found as large as 17 primes.

2. The GPU Miner - I am currently in process of coding this [from scratch]. Since I upgraded the Coinshield Core to 512 bit / 1024 bit headers, all previous miners in their architecture will not work. My goal is to have a basic solo miner available for launch. I will be developing this more in the future [and hope others may help].

To make this fair, you really should release the mining software WELL in advance of the actual wallet release and coin launch...

Otherwise those behind this project have a clear and unfair advantage while others are still trying to compile/install and then optimize new mining software...  This isn't just another algo... this is totally new software you're talking about.

---

Activity: 299
Why is this even a thing
Activity: 362
Is that the old CryptoRush.in logo on your website?  Huh
I personally have only used BTC-E, Cryptsy, and Mintpal - I never been on CryptoRush. After some google searches I verified you are correct. It looks like our designer slipped that in under our radar. We will get that changed ASAP. Thank you for letting us know.

You'd do best to not associate yourselves with cryptorush  Wink
I personally have only used BTC-E, Cryptsy, and Mintpal - I never been on CryptoRush. After some google searches I verified you are correct. It looks like our designer slipped that in under our radar. We will get that changed ASAP. Thank you for letting us know.
Activity: 362
legendary
It seems there are some [questions] here needing [answers].

1. The CPU Miner - This will be released in the client at launch [will make external rpc miner in time]. This will be looking for prime clusters, searching off of a 1024 bit hash [~308 digits]. It will help to determine various prime number conjectures concerning "dense prime clusters". These clusters have been found as large as 17 primes.

2. The GPU Miner - I am currently in process of coding this [from scratch]. Since I upgraded the Coinshield Core to 512 bit / 1024 bit headers, all previous miners in their architecture will not work. My goal is to have a basic solo miner available for launch. I will be developing this more in the future [and hope others may help].

3. Unified Time / Fractional Rewards - The fractional rewards bases your block reward off of your block time. With the old time system, it would get an average median of all connected nodes, and check that median to your personal clock. With this, the network would then tell you to change your time if it was off from the median. Due to the node not having a connection to every node in the network, it would be unable to get a completely accurate median time, so "allowable clock drift" was integrated into the code [this is what partially allowed time-warp exploits with KGW].

Now, Unified Time locks the network to a set time seed, allowing everyone to be on the same time [+ / - propagation time]. Now if the time was not set in such a way, one would be able to change their clock's time to be closest to the "allowable clock drift = 2 * 60 * 60". This would enable anyone to make blocks 2 hours in the future, making the network think the block took 2 hours to create, which would give a fractional reward of [7200/60]. This would cause unfair advantage.

To Clarify, "Your wallet is 2 hours behind" is not the warning, it is "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct.  If your clock is wrong Coinshield will not work properly."

4. Coinshield Core - The core is done, it is just fine "tuning" now. This is on-time for launch.

Hope this helps,

~Videlicet
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
SHA-512 ,whitch one ? SHA-2 512bit, or SHA-3 keccak 512bit ?
and is there a cpu miner for this algo?

The CPU miner will be released at launch.  Smiley

What about the GPU miner?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
CSD Unified Time Model - Synchronizes Clocks Worldwide
Miners can no longer try to gain an unfair advantage by manipulating their clocks. No more "your wallet is 2 hours behind" error. Wallets will always be on the correct time, regardless of your clocks settings. CSD Unified Time Model keeps your clock in sync to the second no matter if your clock is off by 5 minutes or 5 days.

can someone explain to me, how I can gain unfair advantage by manipulating my clock.
Usually when I get "your wallet is 2 hours behind", it is rather due to the fact I am not synchronized with the blockchain... 
SHA-512 ,whitch one ? SHA-2 512bit, or SHA-3 keccak 512bit ?
and is there a cpu miner for this algo?

The CPU miner will be released at launch.  Smiley
Jump to: