Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 174. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
December 10, 2015, 06:03:33 PM
Austin Hill Of Blockstream: A lot of the Discussions About Private Chains Are Shallow

http://coinjournal.net/interview-with-austin-hill-blockstream/#
legendary
December 10, 2015, 12:30:52 PM
Watching, if you don't mind.

welcome Smiley

/edit possible long term patterns

giant triangle vs consolidation triangle vs channel vs increased momentum within channel
legendary
December 10, 2015, 12:21:06 PM
We are at critical crossroads. Seems like two striking possibilities here in this excellent local EW form.

1-2 i-ii or abc. The one two chance begins with a primary wave extension, nothing wrong with this count but it is fragile, becoming invalid with a solid break under 2500. abc only just meets the B wave retrace level of a flat. This would take us lower to a limited downside. The bigger picture is Bullish in either case.

I am thinking along the same lines, but with a bias towards the lower one (obviously, for a bear Grin).
Expecting the first correction about 6 hours from this post, of course if the small triangle breaks down.
legendary
December 09, 2015, 01:28:48 PM

legendary
December 09, 2015, 02:01:01 AM
Hello nights watch.

Heres an updated look my bullish fork which was posted previously.

/snip

What we can see is price did not fall to the bottom of the fork which was my target but instead managed to break up to head upwards to the next trendline of the fork. Resistance at $400 matches where this next trendline lies.

Bitcoin appears very bullish, even staying below this line the trend is up, however we could easily see if break up again and charge towards next resistance line at $460.

It looks very much like bitcoin is bullish again.

thanks!

Was going to ask you for an updated chart of the same, you read my mind.

Now, about your chart, looks like me could make a drop to $ 360. I could be wrong

Yes it could do that without invalidating the bullish trend, main thing I'm looking for is to see support and resistance where the lines are. Have a feeling its more likely to go up than down but that might just be my personal bias coming through.

you were right after all! Lets see how far up this goes
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
December 08, 2015, 07:11:12 PM
Hello nights watch.

/snip

What we can see is price did not fall to the bottom of the fork which was my target but instead managed to break up to head upwards to the next trendline of the fork. Resistance at $400 matches where this next trendline lies.

Bitcoin appears very bullish, even staying below this line the trend is up, however we could easily see if break up again and charge towards next resistance line at $460.

thanks!

Now, about your chart, looks like me could make a drop to $ 360. I could be wrong

Yes it could do that without invalidating the bullish trend, main thing I'm looking for is to see support and resistance where the lines are. Have a feeling its more likely to go up than down but that might just be my personal bias coming through.
legendary
December 08, 2015, 05:34:02 PM
Hello nights watch.

thanks!

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
December 08, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
Hello nights watch.

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
legendary
December 08, 2015, 02:17:28 AM
legendary
December 07, 2015, 11:51:59 AM
it seems like we are back in rally mode, daily sma30 switched to increasing. correction could not bring us below sma10.
new weekly candle starts very healthy. 4hour candles with upside potential, old 385 target looks like support now.

420 is my new target within this weeks or already within next days.

/e
should breaking out up here

legendary
December 06, 2015, 10:51:46 AM

In terms of predicting price or noticing cycles, take a look at this image highlighting what I would say are correlating events in the cycles as I described them:

Yes! Some of those areas look similar, but a few to note are:
(D) In 2011, D was already making higher highs (HH's) above the B. In Elliott wave, that was a subwave of the whole rise to $31.9099. In this case, it was a 3. In 2013, it was still part of the correction, or in the best supporting argument, a subwave of a subwave, 1 of 5. Visually, it makes no HH, so it really doesn't look similar at all.

Next, compare price of everything after the $1200 peak with the 2011/12 data you have there. Your corresponding points hit the bottom and began rising in the latter. In 2014, it continued down. This tells me that we are in a much larger cycle here that isn't really comparable to the 2010-2012 data you have without first stretching that data about 4x. I would argue that your F, G and H are more appropriately set up like this

Where F and G were all of 2014 and we are still somewhere in the H. Or at best, in the I. There is also the possibility that F was the entirety of 2014 and we are in G since January this year. I don't really have an opinion on which is more likely.

RyNinDaCleM, you are trully smart! respect.

I agree with you, regarding the length of time taking longer or in other words, a larger cycle.

When i was reading OPs idea, the first thing i thought was he was right about human behaviour in herds as predictable, but also thought he was wrong in assuming it would repeat itself in the same number of days cycles. That i find, cannot happen in a case where there is growth. Growth in nature is not linear or proportional.

For example, think about children growing up, they grow at different paces at each stage of their life. Not that any growth is superior to another, but it does not take the same amount of time because at each growth level, complexity varies.

In the case of bitcoin, bitcoin today is not bitcoin of yester years - so, while growth might occur in a similar fashion, I would expect number of days to vary eg X4 or xY.

Which is why, i agree with RyNinDaCleM here when he redraws the labels to show the cycles are taking longer - similar, but longer days.

*please excuse typos. Cant be bothered
legendary
December 06, 2015, 10:22:27 AM
Normally I pay most attention to longer timescales but this fork on the 4 hour chart has me interested at the moment.

Looks like bitcoin is failing to get above resistance might take a dip down towards the area marked with a circle

Nice bullish fork to follow though.

legendary
December 06, 2015, 10:04:46 AM
Bitcoin has ZERO fundimental reason to not go down - in fact, the current news is mostly NEGATIVE indicating a very high probability it WILL go down over the next few months.

Market analysis only works on MATURE markets, Bitcoin is too small and too immature for it to have any real meaning.

Note that the recent surge was due to ONE NEWS EVENT in China, per all indications - the announcement by BTCC (and other Chinese markets) that they were going to start taking Fiat Currency payments directly again.

We're still dealing with the aftereffects of THAT one big announcement and the instability it introduced to the overall Botcoin market.

legendary
December 06, 2015, 10:01:50 AM
The TA isn't that good imo but the message is clear.

As I see it we have some good indicators
1. Very long bear period that must end someday.
2. 1w log chart has an EMA that clearly gives a bull signal and has held for >1 week.
3. Optimism in the media and forums
4. >5 year Existance of the currency
5. Halving coming
6. More infrastructure and investors
Etc.

Buy your bitcoins while they are cheap!!!!!
legendary
December 06, 2015, 09:58:59 AM
I was waiting for loads of comments about Technical Analysis being shit and sock puppet accounts telling me bitcoin is going to zero ? whats going on? are bears turning into bulls ? Have they given up?

Yep! Time to sell  Tongue

Honestly though, I don't really like that channel. Two points on the bottom makes for an unreliable channel base line. Basically, it can be moved infinitely until it works. The true channel bottom (which had 4 or 5 bounces on it) was broken nearly a year ago. We haven't even retested the underside of it, So upside is a great possibility, but to automatically assume we are heading to new ATH's is a bit premature.

I do think a 50-61.8% retrace of the entire bear is in order, but definitely not guaranteed. The top may have been the $500 high and we are still trying to figure out the oscillations before finishing the bear.
legendary
December 06, 2015, 09:13:23 AM
I am quite positive that we are in an uptrend now.

Things seem to be moving slowly but the quick rise from 250->500 proved that BTC is not tamed. The superspike will be crazy Wink
legendary
December 06, 2015, 08:53:41 AM
Replace 'Math' with 'Bitcoin'

Activity: 681
Merit: 507
December 06, 2015, 06:52:16 AM
I see what you mean, and agree that there is a bullish potential here.

FYI, not disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate for a more refined objective forecast.

Ok, since we are looking at bollinger bands, how about comparing bollinger formation here with $650 in April/May/June/July 2014?

What do you think?

yep you are right that this looks very similar on the 3d chart but on the weekly it looks different.
the run up in june 2014 didnt touch the upper bands on weekly. 

legendary
December 06, 2015, 06:22:28 AM

Do you see this going up to $550 - $ 650?

yep I think 600 is the target before halving but not sure if this is already the breakout. western exchanges has to sustain above 420$ and china above 2500cny imo. so usd exchanges have to follow china first.
anyway I have opened a long when we went we reached 2500+cny but with stop loss at break even.

This is also a possibility

yep, well a lot is possible but weekly chart looks bullish, tomorrow starting a new candle and the current one will most likely be green following the bollinger bands which looks like rally mode.
but trading here needs a good entry point.

I see what you mean, and agree that there is a bullish potential here.

FYI, not disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate for a more refined objective forecast.

Ok, since we are looking at bollinger bands, how about comparing bollinger formation here with $650 in April/May/June/July 2014?

What do you think?

Jump to: