Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 221. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
i've got a couple mined transactions in my wallet that are now a few days old that have 0 confirms. They're marked Generated but not accepted. Is this behavior expected with a POS coin?
Yes.  A POS block can orphan as much as a POW block. To be awarded the coins, your mining software has to be quick enough to report/propagate the new block to the network, and the highest number of connections you have, the better the chances that your block will be the winning one.

Studies on the Bitcoin network have shown that 10% of the times, it can take up to 45 seconds for a block to be propagated to the network - therefore, for a "fast" coin like NobleCoin, with a 60 seconds average block time, orphans are to be expected more often.
Just realized i posted that in the wrong forum. All the same it still applies and I got the info I needed, thanks =)
I got plenty of NOBL, just havent noticed it for this coin yet =)

SO in POS terms, the more coins you have = the more connections and therefore the better the chance of winning a coin. And since we all use the same wallet for mining POS, everyone is on eqaul footing when it comes to propogating the new block to the network?
i've got a couple mined transactions in my wallet that are now a few days old that have 0 confirms. They're marked Generated but not accepted. Is this behavior expected with a POS coin?
legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

Unbelievable, I didn't really care about anonymous until now.

people will find a way to make the best out of the regulations. I think it´s a step in the correct direction.
Exchanges, etc will get more professional and secure. The whole currency thing can grow up now.
Bitcoin & Co will find their way.

Did you even read those regulations?

the only thing those regs are going to is to drive digital currency underground.

i just hit my 1 millionth Noble!!!!!! Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Yup.  http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/07/17/cloakcoin-promises-holy-grail-cryptocurrency-anonymity/

A very interesting and timely article.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

people will find a way to make the best out of the regulations. I think it´s a step in the correct direction.
Exchanges, etc will get more professional and secure. The whole currency thing can grow up now.

the only thing those regs are going to is to drive digital currency underground.

i just hit my 1 millionth Noble!!!!!! Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Do we have any update on the fork progress?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

legendary
When the marketplace has a heavy discount, has anyone tried getting it mentioned on a site like dealnews.com? 20% off amazon gift cards, steam gift cards, etc. is kind of a big deal!
legendary
The volume has dropped again on Bittrex here - from 40+ BTC the other day, to less than 1 BTC now.....

Always amazes me how the market jumps up and down for no real reason.

Watching a lot of sells take place on Mintpal too - it's finally getting some action there, but pretty much all selling out.
You shouldn't really be all too surprised with sudden market actions in the scene. And let's be honest, it's not happening for "no real reason." There's always a catalyst that initiates action. And there is always a catalyst that causes the action to stay around for bursts of time.

Anyhow, it's been a bit more quiet around here but it looks like a good amount of work is happening behind the scenes. I'm intrigued to see how this transition  goes.

Hence why all my spare btc has been going directly into noble.
legendary
Activity: 896
The volume has dropped again on Bittrex here - from 40+ BTC the other day, to less than 1 BTC now.....

Watching a lot of sells take place on Mintpal too - it's finally getting some action there, but pretty much all selling out.
You shouldn't really be all too surprised with sudden market actions in the scene. And let's be honest, it's not happening for "no real reason." There's always a catalyst that initiates action. And there is always a catalyst that causes the action to stay around for bursts of time.

Anyhow, it's been a bit more quiet around here but it looks like a good amount of work is happening behind the scenes. I'm intrigued to see how this transition  goes.
legendary
I need a 0.25 BTC loan for a week or less, I can escrow Noble (1.3M). If anyone is interested PM me. I don't want to sell and have been buying with all BTC I mine but need to buy another coin for a week and coinbase takes me 4 days. I should get a good return to buy more Noble. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your NOBL!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Worker Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage

To mine:

Username: your NOBL wallet address
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3654

NOBL go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your NOBL (>100)!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
Activity: 420

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Hello, I have not had my wallet open for a while and am now having trouble getting it connected to any nodes. Any suggestions?

Did you try: addnode=nobl.poolerino.com ?

Thanks, that seemed to do it.

I just deleted the peers.dat file and it fixed it for me.

By going to  ... Start menu > run > %appdata% > roaming > noble coin ... everything BUT your WALLET.DAT file can be deleted to reset the wallet whilst securing your coins (and remember alway make a good couple of copies of your wallet.dat and keep them safe! ) I will then go to download all the block chain again and 99.99% chance of fixing any and all problems.
Activity: 259
Hello, I have not had my wallet open for a while and am now having trouble getting it connected to any nodes. Any suggestions?

I just deleted the peers.dat file and it fixed it for me.
legendary
Diff goes up! No. Diff goes UP! Shocked
50 - 90

UPD: aaaaand back to ~20

Multipool or Rented rig? 51 attack? It's been bouncing like that since the Scrypt ASIC's hit. Pretty soon it won't matter. Smiley
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Diff goes up! No. Diff goes UP! Shocked
50 - 90

UPD: aaaaand back to ~20
Activity: 519
Merit: 253

Jump to: