Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 362. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 691
Merit: 500
Nice to see your miner kicking ass James.. Smiley actually getting blocks more than once a day now.. Smiley

Cheesy

I'm actually being quite lucky lately, makes a change.

Miner is mostly working now, had to mess about with some timeout values in the registry though.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.
Nice to see your miner kicking ass James.. Smiley actually getting blocks more than once a day now.. Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.
Cant tax a currency. Even though that is what it is...
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Big news guys: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-25/bitcoin-is-property-not-currency-in-tax-system-irs-says.html Bitcoin is being treated as property in the US and not a currency.
Wow. This is quite surprising to me.

Well, time to amend my taxes.

This brings up several questions though. How are we supposed to deal with alt-mining? I'm guessing, we obtain the current exchange rate and convert that amount to bitcoin for the amount gathered each day. But that would be pretty tricky to do. Personally, I'm going to stick to what I do: convert at time of withdrawal/redemption from a pool and subtract operations costs through a monthly basis. Of course though, the hardest thing is how to determine whether any amount of bitcoins are exempt from capital gains taxes. I mean, how do you prove that you've had a coin for over a year before redemption?
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Activity: 308
CoinTweak profitability charts
A big and exciting update on CoinTweak: the first step to average value calculations!
Cointweak now displays average difficulty and coin rewards! The next step will be an improvement to the exchange system where it will automatically swap to display the exchange with the best market (mixture of daily trade volume and exchange rate).
Great to hear! I like your site quite a bit and I've been using it more often lately.
Thank you, that is great to hear! If you have any personal feedback or features that you feel are missing don't hesitate to contact me. Smiley It is still a nice hobby of me to run it so I love writing new and improved code for the website.
Activity: 51
Merit: 10
Nice to be back @coinmarketcap
Activity: 245
A big and exciting update on CoinTweak: the first step to average value calculations!
Cointweak now displays average difficulty and coin rewards! The next step will be an improvement to the exchange system where it will automatically swap to display the exchange with the best market (mixture of daily trade volume and exchange rate).
Great to hear! I like your site quite a bit and I've been using it more often lately.
legendary
Activity: 896
what would be needed to start a pool similar to the multicoin pools that payout in BTC but payout in NOBL??

I wouldn't mind putting up some finances into this if needed

I had this exact same thing in my mind last night. Thought I don't know anything about setting pools.. I didn't mention this yesterday because I thought that if people interested in Noble would start mining multicoins in this kind of pool, then Noble's net hashrate and difficulty would go down and there could be some serious hoarding happening after that. But if more and more people get interested in mining Noble or in the Noble's multicoin pool, then this hoarding would not be problem.
The other problem is there aren't any XXXX to NOBL exchanges. So you'd have to convert whatever coins you mine into Bitcoin, then back into Noble. There would be double the fees from a normal multipool BUT it would provide more buy support for Noble...

I actually don't think that hoarding is too much of a concern at this point (there will be enough people who need to recoup operational costs or looking for quicker profits). There is a somewhat a fine line to tread between buy support and network hashrate support. Both buy support and trade volume are great things, but when it’s diluted by an inorganic means (in this case a multipool where profits are translated to BTC), it can function as just an artificial rise in the price of NOBLE. This could lead into some people just mining NOBLE (since a multipool function at this stage will most likely reduce the total of the network hash) that can pull away from markets and instead systematically dump coins once prices get high enough.

In this way, volume would be significantly increase; however, market averages will stay the same (maybe a slight increase) at the cost of increased volatility. That said, if enough new miners and support come this wouldn't necessarily be the case (a multipool could be a nice short-term prop for NOBLE).
BTW anybody here with a good SIG? need to change mine asap... got my bounty Wink Cheesy

Mine is

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0]NOBLECOIN[/url]         [url=https://www.noblemovement.com/marketplace/]   NobleCoinMarketplace NOW LIVE!     [/url]
[url=https://www.noblemovement.com/guide-to-marketplace-buying/] ★ Amazon Gift Cards ★ Steam Wallets ★ Bullion ★ 12% discount with NobleCoin! ★ BTC accepted! ★ [/url]
Activity: 378
BTW anybody here with a good SIG? need to change mine asap... got my bounty Wink Cheesy
Activity: 378
We're back on coinmarketcap and should be on altexplorer today or tomorrow. Smiley

Will be answering back as many PM's as possible over the next 24 hours so if I haven't gotten back to you I apologize!
That's great news, both the explorer and you answering pm's Cheesy

really good news! people can find us again Smiley
We're back on coinmarketcap and should be on altexplorer today or tomorrow. Smiley

Will be answering back as many PM's as possible over the next 24 hours so if I haven't gotten back to you I apologize!
That's great news, both the explorer and you answering pm's Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1232

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
nob.pool.mn invites you to mine NobleCoin! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

+1
Hi i'm mining Noble in your pool and i feel all alone Cheesy

I'm having issue with wallet sync on win 8.1 , i added .conf file inside ...Roaming/Noblecoin dir and added to it all nodes that i found in the first page of this post but no active network connections in 10 minutes. what should i do ?

Hi Smiley

Haven't really had any problems getting the wallet to sync, make sure you have all of the nodes from the first page added (I use the debug window to add them)then try deleting the peers.dat file from in the appdata folder. I can probably get you a list of the nodes I use if it still isn't working.

Edit: was being dumb and didn't read that you had already added the nodes off the first page, try deleting the peers.dat file and then leave it for a while

deleted and waiting, 5 minutes and still 0 connections, i'll wait a bit more then i'll burn my laptop and this hotel with its damn ***** internet connection Cheesy
Maybe your firewall blocks connections to noblecoin-qt ?

Hi everyone, i still have problem with wallet sync, my windows's firewall is ok (allow public and private) and i suppose connection is ok too because i tried with few different wallet and all of them worked fine.
Any other suggestions ?

Ok, can someone else confirm this. If I go to my wallet and type getpeerinfo it should give me a list of nodes I am connected to shouldn't it?

Then you should be able to just add the ones I am connected to

i got this :

19:48:36

Welcome to the NobleCoin RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.

19:49:26

getpeerinfo

[
]

I will try setting up a new wallet on a different machine and will let you know if it connects or not

Ok, so I just installed a new wallet and it worked fine. I got the one off the Noblemovement.com site. I guess it has to be something to do with your connection?

When I type getpeerinfo I get:
[
{
"addr" : "173.209.110.254:55884",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1395749260,
"lastrecv" : 1395749261,
"conntime" : 1395749178,
"version" : 60001,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:1.0.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 109297,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "220.246.163.233:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749283,
"lastrecv" : 1395749281,
"conntime" : 1395749224,
"startingheight" : 109297,
},
{
"addr" : "128.127.39.118:55884",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1395749224,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1395749224,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,
},
{
"addr" : "94.156.18.107:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749281,
"lastrecv" : 1395749282,
"conntime" : 1395749248,
"startingheight" : 109299,
},
{
"addr" : "198.53.241.4:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749272,
"lastrecv" : 1395749272,
"conntime" : 1395749260,
"startingheight" : 109300,
},
{
"addr" : "98.180.35.68:55884",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1395749277,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1395749277,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,
}
]
nob.pool.mn invites you to mine NobleCoin! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

+1
Hi i'm mining Noble in your pool and i feel all alone Cheesy

I'm having issue with wallet sync on win 8.1 , i added .conf file inside ...Roaming/Noblecoin dir and added to it all nodes that i found in the first page of this post but no active network connections in 10 minutes. what should i do ?

Hi Smiley

Haven't really had any problems getting the wallet to sync, make sure you have all of the nodes from the first page added (I use the debug window to add them)then try deleting the peers.dat file from in the appdata folder. I can probably get you a list of the nodes I use if it still isn't working.

Edit: was being dumb and didn't read that you had already added the nodes off the first page, try deleting the peers.dat file and then leave it for a while

deleted and waiting, 5 minutes and still 0 connections, i'll wait a bit more then i'll burn my laptop and this hotel with its damn ***** internet connection Cheesy
Maybe your firewall blocks connections to noblecoin-qt ?

Hi everyone, i still have problem with wallet sync, my windows's firewall is ok (allow public and private) and i suppose connection is ok too because i tried with few different wallet and all of them worked fine.
Any other suggestions ?

Ok, can someone else confirm this. If I go to my wallet and type getpeerinfo it should give me a list of nodes I am connected to shouldn't it?

Then you should be able to just add the ones I am connected to

i got this :

19:48:36

Welcome to the NobleCoin RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.

getpeerinfo

[
]

I will try setting up a new wallet on a different machine and will let you know if it connects or not
Jump to: