Pages:
Author

Topic: [NRS|NoirShares] POW ENDING at 50k | DACs | MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE 6/23/2014 - page 15. (Read 141590 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
ORB has a good chance to grow.

I would also help the software testing
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
There is a premine that is supposed to be used to fund the company.  It doesn't matter that he sold 130k NRS if he can show us a balance of 250k NRS or the BTC equivalent.  The premine is a fact and should be accounted for.

I would agree with that sentiment, that is reasonable.   

In terms of the General Fund, everything has been above board with that.  I am going to put together the interim FS over the next while.  I was going to rush something out but given that the tone got really venomous today, I think it will be best if I take my time to make sure that it is tight and detailed.  This has to all be done by hand and that takes time.

Regarding the Premine, that was well before my time and I never had control over those funds.  Barwizi is working to provide an accounting of those funds.  All the funds under my control are safe and accounted for.

Logan

Any update on this one?

Any update on this one? More than 2 weeks now... I remember I got an answer about joining the skypegroup for General Fund holders, but I removed skype from my computer because I really felt uncomfortable having a Microsoft product on it. I know you got an emaillist of all the GF holders, and would expect that an email to the group would also be an appropriate way to inform them. Also I think it is not only me who is waiting for the answer, but the whole community.

I read something about software being tested. Can I help test it? Maybe other people from this community also want to help test it?
legendary
Activity: 1302
ORB has a good chance to grow.
Well i am sure hopeful this coin goes some where. If not, it is my first real investment loss for crypto. Usually i am not *that* bad at picking coins. I guess i missed the exit and got left holding the bag.

check the Git....

What is a git? i mean, i am guessing it is github which appears to be some type of place devs can make their work public. I am not a dev, only took intro to c++/java classes.

I wouldn't know what i am looking at. I get that everyone is busy, but it really seems like no one cares at this point. If the devs cared about the coin they would post a little something once in a while, i don't think weekly is too much to ask for, like hey we are still around, just slow progress. That is fine in my book. Today was the first day in a while i came to see if there was info and there were a couple new posts, before that crickets for a week.  

The last thing to happen to this coin was a drastic decision to go from pow to pos only. Since then it has tanked.

When the only thing driving the price is speculation, if the information we all speculate on begins to fade out, so will the coin.

What has nrs really done? Besides attempt to make a multipool. It almost feels like they stopped proof of work so they wouldn't have to worry about answering why the pool went down and never came back up.

Over 9 days ago information was asked for, about the premine and where it all went and such. Without answers to questions like that, this coin has no future. Because like i said, if the devs really cared, they would try to disprove someone trying to smear them. They didn't though, which adds validity to the guy who was in here bitchin before. So instead of putting their balls on the table and being like "here is everything, transparent enough for you nay sayers?" They say nothing despite them claiming they would have this information available.

Even mario has been quiet lately in here..

When and what were the last general fund payouts, How are the miners coming along, what have the btc from the mining operation been used for? Where is the premine? Why not use that to hire a person who actually knows how to code? There a handful of good questions that get danced around, i try to give people the benefit of doubt, but things certainly aren't adding up in the devs favor here. I get they don't control the price of the coin. They control the value of the coin by making it useful. Right now, nrs is totally useless. I hope it gains some utility in the future, but do any merchants accept nrs? Anything? Can i do ANYTHING with the coin other than stake it? Without info on what is going to happen in the future, yeah.

Norbits was a huge success from what i heard  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mostly disappointed in my self more than anything, i should have known better.

I read it every day, but does not have to comment on everything. I just wait on the work of barwizi and his team.

a question I have too. logan What does the accounting treatment??? and why not run the miner?

the eternal question for the theme premine you can read it in the OP

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nrsnoirshares-pow-ending-at-50k-dacs-mandatory-wallet-update-6232014-565623

The Specifications

Doubles as both currency and equity for Noir Group.
    80 shares per block initially
    5 minute block time
    Per block difficulty adjustment
    PoW ends at 50,000
    5% block reward reduction every 3000 blocks
    3% stake, minimum stake age is 7 days, full age 14 days
    Transaction fees at 0.01 NRS are destroyed in an attempt at aggressively countering inflation due to mining and stake
    250k seed for corporate development, bounties, salaries, marketing, etc, approved expenses voted on by board members
    As the chain progresses and transitions to relying more on PoS blocks, it becomes highly energy efficient in comparison to pure PoW coins.
    This weaning of reliance on high powered machines encourages the average user to be able to have a functioning node that if used properly can be profitable.
legendary
Activity: 938
Work has been slow since we are short on some talent, but the coming week will see a wallet update with a surprise as well as a highly experimental new product in two weeks.

Stealing Butterfly Labs trademark, eh?

You even got an extra week and what do you have to show for it?  A couple more promises...

Some viewing of wallet development at hand in the last 24hours.

https://github.com/NoirX/NRS

Yup, guess the risk takers will be rewarded or have to take their losses. Unless of course you have some sort of sure thing investment you would like to point me to.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Work has been slow since we are short on some talent, but the coming week will see a wallet update with a surprise as well as a highly experimental new product in two weeks.

Stealing Butterfly Labs trademark, eh?

You even got an extra week and what do you have to show for it?  A couple more promises...
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Well, i am not looking to get rid of the coin for a loss any time soon. As long as the gears are grinding!
legendary
Activity: 882
Well i am sure hopeful this coin goes some where. If not, it is my first real investment loss for crypto. Usually i am not *that* bad at picking coins. I guess i missed the exit and got left holding the bag.

keep holding, it's gonna be worth more soon.

Thanks for the patience. I'm here, only quiet because talking takes time away from thinking and working.

Update:-

Talked to cryptsy, now approaching other exchanges that have us NRB/NRS listed, just making sure we are on the same page before moving forward.

check the Git....

What is a git? i mean, i am guessing it is github which appears to be some type of place devs can make their work public. I am not a dev, only took intro to c++/java classes.

I wouldn't know what i am looking at. I get that everyone is busy, but it really seems like no one cares at this point. If the devs cared about the coin they would post a little something once in a while, i don't think weekly is too much to ask for, like hey we are still around, just slow progress. That is fine in my book. Today was the first day in a while i came to see if there was info and there were a couple new posts, before that crickets for a week. 

The last thing to happen to this coin was a drastic decision to go from pow to pos only. Since then it has tanked.

When the only thing driving the price is speculation, if the information we all speculate on begins to fade out, so will the coin.

What has nrs really done? Besides attempt to make a multipool. It almost feels like they stopped proof of work so they wouldn't have to worry about answering why the pool went down and never came back up.

Over 9 days ago information was asked for, about the premine and where it all went and such. Without answers to questions like that, this coin has no future. Because like i said, if the devs really cared, they would try to disprove someone trying to smear them. They didn't though, which adds validity to the guy who was in here bitchin before. So instead of putting their balls on the table and being like "here is everything, transparent enough for you nay sayers?" They say nothing despite them claiming they would have this information available.

Even mario has been quiet lately in here..

When and what were the last general fund payouts, How are the miners coming along, what have the btc from the mining operation been used for? Where is the premine? Why not use that to hire a person who actually knows how to code? There a handful of good questions that get danced around, i try to give people the benefit of doubt, but things certainly aren't adding up in the devs favor here. I get they don't control the price of the coin. They control the value of the coin by making it useful. Right now, nrs is totally useless. I hope it gains some utility in the future, but do any merchants accept nrs? Anything? Can i do ANYTHING with the coin other than stake it? Without info on what is going to happen in the future, yeah.

Norbits was a huge success from what i heard  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mostly disappointed in my self more than anything, i should have known better.

check the Git....

Sorry, but what a shitty response.  Nobody cares what's in a Git repo when it hasn't been released...  I would say it's nothing but talk, but nobody's even doing that at this point.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

check the Git....
legendary
my new wallet wont start at all. any ideas what i should do ?
i deleted everything but still no go.

Updated zip
Updated exe

Download any one of the two wallets above and it should start syncing from the beginning.
You're probably using one of the wallets that do not load when there is no blockchain available in the appdata folder.

Cheers !

Thanks, this wallet worked really well. And with your Configuration it took 6 minutes sync.

1. I cleared everything from my %appdata%\noirshares folder except for the wallet.dat file[/b]

2. I used Notepad to create a Noirshares.conf file in my %appdata%\noirshares folder. (if you do this, make sure you save the file as Noirshares.conf while "All files" is selected. Otherwise you might save it as a .txt file)

3. In the Noirshares.conf file, you enter the following text:

checkblocks=1

addnode=ypool.net
addnode=nrs.argakiig.us
addnode=173.236.43.58:39565
addnode=66.69.215.216:64946
addnode=5.9.158.79:47779
addnode=178.125.216.61:63731
addnode=107.170.207.147:8500
addnode=8.38.76.74:8500
addnode=121.185.195.12:8500
addnode=14.201.25.59:8500
addnode=70.114.143.108:8500
addnode=124.168.225.125:50023
addnode=59.55.230.181:59019
addnode=65.128.192.240:8500
addnode=98.250.252.199:8714
addnode=222.242.174.137:11054
addnode=88.8.127.16:49448
addnode=192.99.144.139:59973
addnode=77.28.2.49:44534
addnode=198.101.10.110:8500
addnode=75.143.69.254:8500
addnode=86.163.25.105:59196
addnode=83.227.236.11:63228
addnode=85.243.107.186:51194
addnode=211.149.148.150:58600
addnode=183.66.32.185:61793
addnode=82.66.239.16:50554
addnode=124.231.7.138:6415
addnode=118.186.153.220:55145
addnode=212.117.32.160:63075
addnode=87.231.15.229:54376
addnode=77.185.64.103:51852
addnode=107.170.254.5
addnode= 41.78.77.178
addnode=192.241.213.244
addnode=172.245.183.30
addnode=162.243.131.88
addnode=54.213.71.178
addnode=192.241.213.224
addnode=54.80.61.11
addnode=198.199.96.129
addnode=54.197.175.238

4. Run the Noirshares QT client again and it will start syncing again from the beginning. It might get stuck a few times in the end, but then just close the client and start it again and it should continue to sync.

5. After it has totally finihed syncing, you should be able to open the client again and it should remain up to date.

Staking with it now.
legendary
6 months gone and nothing happened here.. thank you for the high electricity bills and bad investment, Noirds!
HI,DEAR GUYS,THE MARKET IS BAD NOW,GIVE SOMETHING OUT,THE INVENTSTORS NEED NEW THINGS.

The list of what is being worked on is readily available. If any of you know a coder or two that can help on this project, then that may help things. I know Barwizi was mentioning that this would free him up to complete some of the tasks at hand.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
6 months gone and nothing happened here.. thank you for the high electricity bills and bad investment, Noirds!

+1
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
HI,DEAR GUYS,THE MARKET IS BAD NOW,GIVE SOMETHING OUT,THE INVENTSTORS NEED NEW THINGS.
Activity: 731
Activity: 3
As mentioned previously, this next update focuses on the blockchain tech and wallet, both big time upgrades that should show some things never seen before, while also establishing the platform for expanding our DAC presence into the future. This is a fundamental platform update in preparation for future moves. We are proof-reading code now, will run alpha and testnet soon, and have something in the coming weeks

hyz

I wait it.. what is it?
Software is already in testing, and we are working out known issues.

What "software"?  

Enough with the generic answers already...give us some REAL information.
legendary
Activity: 882
Software is already in testing, and we are working out known issues.
Pages:
Jump to: