Pages:
Author

Topic: Null input error - page 6. (Read 58153 times)

Activity: 465
Merit: 250
May 07, 2016, 10:42:14 AM
Even when they wanna talk about Monero (or so they claim) in their own subreddit they end up bitching and moaning about Dash instead of trying to improve their shitty, failed product. By design or stupidity? You decide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4i6147/advertising_for_monero/
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
April 15, 2016, 12:26:45 PM
DASH investor...

...visionary start-ups

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
April 15, 2016, 11:28:20 AM

Other coin developers have theorized that tx is enough--Monero Devs figured differently. It was discussed a lot within the community and does not in any way break the social contract, so have fun finding out that tx probably isn't enough for yourself.

Hint: A good place to start finding out why tx alone is not enough is the blocksize debate in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2016, 10:56:38 AM
btw, you seem to forgot to add how monero has infinite supply.  profit for everyone  YAYyy  Cheesy

EDIT : did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

The tail emissions fixes a problem, a problem you apparently don't understand, but nice try.

what problem is it  Huh the problem of rising prices Huh LOL

the mining in the end should be paid by tx fee alone, not eternal infinite coin supply

yet they didnt announce in their monero ann about the eternal infinite coin supply
shhh... whatever, maybe i ll just invest in some aeon instead... i hope they have finite coin supply instead. im sure they are better than monero, afterall if you fork some broken coin it become better... ritee bro ?

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  

From Ann Thread -->
Specifications

PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
    Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2] ... it is stated so stop spreading FUD u cannot claim

ah yes i must have missed it, but you can see that other ppl also miss this info

Quote from: TPTB_need_war on Today at 07:06:12 AM
No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. .......

Activity: 768
Merit: 505
April 15, 2016, 07:12:43 AM
btw, you seem to forgot to add how monero has infinite supply.  profit for everyone  YAYyy  Cheesy

EDIT : did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

The tail emissions fixes a problem, a problem you apparently don't understand, but nice try.

the mining in the end should be paid by tx fee alone, not eternal infinite coin supply

yet they didnt announce in their monero ann about the eternal infinite coin supply
shhh... whatever, maybe i ll just invest in some aeon instead... i hope they have finite coin supply instead. im sure they are better than monero, afterall if you fork some broken coin it become better... ritee bro ?

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  

From Ann Thread -->
Specifications

PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
    Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2] ... it is stated so stop spreading FUD u cannot claim
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 15, 2016, 05:12:26 AM
...visionary start-ups.

iCEBREAKER meme image incoming...  Cheesy

MLM Evon Duffocation reality distortion duffield is a possible theme.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 15, 2016, 05:09:47 AM
Quaint to see the [MRO] symbol from back then.

What that from when it was formerly alleged to be a dairy farm mining operation (in South Africa). Mroooneroooo.  Tongue  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 15, 2016, 05:02:50 AM

Incorrect.

A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% inflation to preserve mining incentives.

Quaint to see the [MRO] symbol from back then.

It was there from the original post before any edits (perhaps forum admin could verify) but that is the first capture in archive.org, May 20, 2014.

Whatever your criticisms of Monero, please do not make things up.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 15, 2016, 04:14:38 AM

Other coin developers have theorized that tx is enough--Monero Devs figured differently. It was discussed a lot within the community and does not in any way break the social contract, so have fun finding out that tx probably isn't enough for yourself.

OMG within the community, yet they didnt explain the fact to those newbie investor Huh   noob investor like me would assume that crypto coin has finite supply...
in fact i myself just aware of the fact that monero has infinite eternal coin supply

From Monero's ANN page:

"Specifications

•PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
•Max supply: Infinite (see note below) [2]
•Block reward: Smoothly varying [3]
•Block time: 60 seconds
•Difficulty: Retargets at every block

[1] CPU + GPU mining (about 1:1 performance for now). Memory-bound by design using AES encryption and several SHA-3 candidates.
[2] Initial number of atomic units is M = 264 - 1. However, once the block reward reaches 0.3 XMR (sometime in 2022) that is treated as the minimum subsidy, which means that Monero's total emission will forever increase by ~157783.68 XMR annually.
[3] Uses a recurrence relation. Block reward = (M - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, where A = current circulation. Roughly 86% mined in 4 years (see graph)."

I suppose the Devs should come over to your house and read the ANN to you after they tuck you into bed, little tiger?

legendary
April 15, 2016, 04:07:08 AM

OMG within the community, yet they didnt explain the fact to those newbie investor Huh   noob investor like me would assume that crypto coin has finite supply...
in fact i myself just aware of the fact that monero has infinite eternal coin supply

legendary
April 15, 2016, 03:59:40 AM

legendary
April 15, 2016, 03:55:57 AM

EDIT :: dang... i just remember that Aeon dev is monero dev too... LOL... i can only imagine if Evan create a clone coin of Dash...oh or maybe 1000 coin clone of dash then waste his time trolling other coin instead  LOOOLLLL  
legendary
April 15, 2016, 03:47:08 AM

legendary
April 15, 2016, 02:37:19 AM

legendary
April 15, 2016, 01:42:47 AM

Here's how Monero has developed:

1. fork coin with messy code

2. fork it from stubborn developer who is bent on doing things his way

3. ignore pleas for GUI and keep fixing and developing messy code

4. develop things like openalias, a research group, a video game, a gambling site, a DB and confidential transactions (still no GUI)

5. run? (that doesn't make sense, but good luck trolls and dash fanboys in spinning that yarn to anyone with a brain)

1. why choose coin with messy code to fork LOOL

2. kick the scam dev in pirates style... ARrrrghhh

3. RIP investard

4. AEON ?

5. it should be profit  then  Huh  then run

1. is the only valid question, so I'll answer it--because that messy code was the only one available using ring-signatures, which allows for end-to-end privacy.
legendary
April 14, 2016, 11:57:36 PM

4. develop things like openalias, a research group, a video game, a gambling site, a DB and confidential transactions (still no GUI)

5. run? (that doesn't make sense, but good luck trolls and dash fanboys in spinning that yarn to anyone with a brain)

1. why choose coin with messy code to fork LOOL

2. kick the scam dev in pirates style... ARrrrghhh

3. RIP investard

4. AEON ?

5. it should be profit  then  Huh  then run
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
February 21, 2016, 06:34:00 PM
The irony being that once the Monero GUI is done and anyone/everyone can fork it easily, there will be a shit ton of copy-cat.....ohhhhh, I get it. 

Holy shit that was smart not having a GUI until now.

That's no problem as it will only lead people here. Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
February 21, 2016, 06:00:01 PM
The irony being that once the Monero GUI is done and anyone/everyone can fork it easily, there will be a shit ton of copy-cat.....ohhhhh, I get it. 

Holy shit that was smart not having a GUI until now.
legendary
February 21, 2016, 08:40:17 AM
First off the thread is 90% useless ignorant trolls.

I just started looking into monero b/c it appears to be the best anonymous coin and the value that can provide is what made bitcoin what it is today. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, you don't need to know.

But there is a legit beef. I'm an IT guy and it is NOT TRIVIAL to do transactions. The wallet is called "simplewallet" it runs via a command line interface (CLI). I tried to use some third party gui "lightwallet" but that is a total joke. It wouldn't even write the config file. After 30 mins screwing with that piece of junk, I gave up.

1. There is no desktop GUI client wallet. I find that pretty poor planning. If you have no GUI wallet, then you have no usage. Someone badly needs to step up to the plate and get that built.

2. The fact it doesn't share bitcoin's codebase is both a curse and a sparkling diamond. B/c it doesn't get some free code from the bitcoin project, the client and updates are slower.

Going back to #1.

MONERO GET A GUI CLIENT UP NOW. The coin is worthless if it requires a CS degree to use a CLI wallet to use the damn thing. Consider who your target audience is. Also explain right off the bat what the viewkey is, the spendkey, and the PAYMENT ID (which I understand is mandatory for some merchants in order to verify a transaction even existed). mymonero.com is nice but you understand the entire purpose of this coin is super privacy. You can't have people viewing transactions on a website b/c there's no GUI client. Bam there goes privacy.

That should be priority 1 while you continue to work on the infrastrature. Get some usage, feedback, and more merchant support. Please. Otherwise the entire effort may be in vain.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2476/the-official-qt-gui-project       it is worked on... and it was funded in less then a day.

I always laugh when trolls claim that monero is a scam or a pump and dump, because what con artist in their right mind would create a technology to rip off noobs that requires a degree of technical prowess to use? Yeah, the Monero Devs were like," Hey, let's spend all this time building this coin so only technical people can use it, then we'll dump it after we've invested so much time and money building it that we lessen our potential profit."

The pump and dump handbook reads like this:

1. create coin with minimal effort

2. create simple GUI that a grandma could use

3. hype coin

4. wait for peak

5. run

Activity: 768
Merit: 505
February 21, 2016, 08:22:17 AM
First off the thread is 90% useless ignorant trolls.

I just started looking into monero b/c it appears to be the best anonymous coin and the value that can provide is what made bitcoin what it is today. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, you don't need to know.

But there is a legit beef. I'm an IT guy and it is NOT TRIVIAL to do transactions. The wallet is called "simplewallet" it runs via a command line interface (CLI). I tried to use some third party gui "lightwallet" but that is a total joke. It wouldn't even write the config file. After 30 mins screwing with that piece of junk, I gave up.

1. There is no desktop GUI client wallet. I find that pretty poor planning. If you have no GUI wallet, then you have no usage. Someone badly needs to step up to the plate and get that built.

2. The fact it doesn't share bitcoin's codebase is both a curse and a sparkling diamond. B/c it doesn't get some free code from the bitcoin project, the client and updates are slower.

Going back to #1.

MONERO GET A GUI CLIENT UP NOW. The coin is worthless if it requires a CS degree to use a CLI wallet to use the damn thing. Consider who your target audience is. Also explain right off the bat what the viewkey is, the spendkey, and the PAYMENT ID (which I understand is mandatory for some merchants in order to verify a transaction even existed). mymonero.com is nice but you understand the entire purpose of this coin is super privacy. You can't have people viewing transactions on a website b/c there's no GUI client. Bam there goes privacy.

That should be priority 1 while you continue to work on the infrastrature. Get some usage, feedback, and more merchant support. Please. Otherwise the entire effort may be in vain.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2476/the-official-qt-gui-project       it is worked on... and it was funded in less then a day.
Pages:
Jump to: