Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 142. (Read 66172 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
That 3900x is a beauty (on paper anyway).  I have a feeling it's going to be rather popular once Monero finishes their fork to RandomX.

With  no tweaking or turning it does  1090-1125 for xmr    running at 67%

this is it with 2 1660ti

https://old.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

I have been busy have not tested it much the last day.

But  It is a  better then the threadripper 1920x

It uses 2.4 kwatts a day to earn 45 cents.

while that seems poor it is turning a profit of 21cents  I think  the new fork will help that alot.

I think I need to do this:

not my work found a link to  paste bin

https://steemit.com/monero/@joshmocek/how-to-mine-monero-on-your-cpu-for-windows

https://pastebin.com/5bmtnSp7

"/*
 * LARGE PAGE SUPPORT
 * Large pages need a properly set up OS. It can be difficult if you are not used to systems administation,
 * but the performace results are worth the trouble - you will get around 20% boost. Slow memory mode is
 * meant as a backup, you won't get stellar results there. If you are running into trouble, especially
 * on Windows, please read the common issues in the README.
 * By default we will try to allocate large pages. This means you need to "Run As Administrator" on Windows.
 * You need to edit your system's group policies to enable locking large pages. Here are the steps from MSDN
 * 1. On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type gpedit.msc.
 * 2. On the Local Group Policy Editor console, expand Computer Configuration, and then expand Windows Settings.
 * 3. Expand Security Settings, and then expand Local Policies.
 * 4. Select the User Rights Assignment folder.
 * 5. The policies will be displayed in the details pane.
 * 6. In the pane, double-click Lock pages in memory.
 * 7. In the Local Security Setting – Lock pages in memory dialog box, click Add User or Group.
 * 8. In the Select Users, Service Accounts, or Groups dialog box, add an account that you will run the miner on
 * 9. Reboot for change to take effect.
 * Windows also tends to fragment memory a lot. If you are running on a system with 4-8GB of RAM you might need
 * to switch off all the auto-start applications and reboot to have a large enough chunk of contiguous memory. ..."

not sure if nicehash does it in configuration  I get 1095 hash with the 3900x   some claim hash as high as 1300

https://www.hashrates.com/cpus/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-12-core-processor-24-3.80/

randomx will be over 11000

https://cryptoage.com/en/1712-amd-ryzen-r9-3900x-and-r7-3700x-showed-a-high-hashrate-on-the-mining-algorithm-randomx-monero.html
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Just getting updated on 2 pages of posts....

Phil, hope you can find some ways to stay in the game -- too much upside this future of cryptos.

All this inconsistencies in US taxation and laws are just too premature unless they fully understand crypto-currencies.

Take the Facebook Libre case ......to allow Libre at the expense of people's privacy OR allow Bitcoin protecting people's privacy.

I will post but won't be doing any crypto activity from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021

But now  my issue to sell is how do I accept funds? If I take crypto  will I need to tell government kyc info on a private sale when I report sale on my 2019 return.

You don't need to have kyc info for a private sale, regardless of what currency you accept.  No different than selling a car, boat, tools, etc.  KYC is to prevent money laundering

"KYC is to prevent laundering" .... hmmmm...... but banks do it all the time, seems unfair no?

anybody figured out the new Nicehash platform yet?

old.nicehash.com/worker/BTCaddress dashboard works for now, but new system seems to only allow internal wallet

You can use external wallet also on the new nicehash. I'm using the same BTC mining address just changed the stratum server to eu-new.nicehash.com:[port]
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Phil, hope you can find some ways to stay in the game -- too much upside this future of cryptos.

All this inconsistencies in US taxation and laws are just too premature unless they fully understand crypto-currencies.

Take the Facebook Libre case ......to allow Libre at the expense of people's privacy OR allow Bitcoin protecting people's privacy.

But now  my issue to sell is how do I accept funds? If I take crypto  will I need to tell government kyc info on a private sale when I report sale on my 2019 return.

You don't need to have kyc info for a private sale, regardless of what currency you accept.  No different than selling a car, boat, tools, etc.  KYC is to prevent money laundering

"KYC is to prevent laundering" .... hmmmm...... but banks do it all the time, seems unfair no?

But now  my issue to sell is how do I accept funds? If I take crypto  will I need to tell government kyc info on a private sale when I report sale on my 2019 return.

anybody figured out the new Nicehash platform yet?

old.nicehash.com/worker/BTCaddress dashboard works for now, but new system seems to only allow internal wallet

legendary
You can't tell until you do it. Depends on wiring of fan to molex and psu design

My new cellphone account for bitcointalk is Philipma1957cellphone

.6 x 12 = 7.2 watts say 8. 8 x 6 is 48 watts.

Those  molex   If wired correctly have 1 ground and 1

12 volt  wire.  If it is an 18 gauge wire it can provide about 75 watts x .8 = 60 watts.

So you should be able to use 1 molex. Cable

I would put three on two separate cables.
Activity: 1178
Merit: 131
Switch to Gemini I got worried about my tax liability after I saw these emails were going out and emailed gemeni

Thanks for reaching out. Based on your account history, you did not meet the threshold for number of digital asset sales transactions in 2017 and 2018 and, therefore, Gemini does not have any tax statements available for you. Please note that Gemini will only send Forms 1099-K to customers and the IRS where both of the following conditions are met:

1. The customer's number of bitcoin, ether, Zcash, litecoin, and bitcoin cash sales transactions on the exchange exceeds 200 transactions per year, and
2. The customer's total sales proceeds from all sales transactions exceeds $20,000 per year.

For your reference, the amounts that would be reported on the Form come directly from an account’s transaction history Excel file, which can be accessed by following the three steps below:

Tho makes far more sense , if you are not trading like crazy over 200k trasacations no way coinbase should be farming out your info to the irs.  for the record I just use Gemini to go from crypto to fiat , sometimes I buy Btc through it but I don’t trade there , fees are too high and also to stay unde the radar.

Leave coinbase they are shitheads, btw I move well over 80 90k usd though my gemeni account each of the last two years Lol

200 not 200k.

My advice is use a non kyc exchange for your day to day trades , high volume shit and use another one far less frequently to cash out as needed no more than 2 to 3 transactions a month.  and Dump Coinbase!!

100% this, especially the non-kyc exchange(s) for all of the altcoins.  I also use gemini but like Marvell, just to buy-in, hold some assets, and (rarely) cash out.  Their fees are higher but they seem like the most professional exchange and you never heard about customer service nightmares.   Ultimately the IRS cannot trace all earnings from mining and trading.  I think the simplest practice is using a singular exchange for nothing but fiat trading, then the reporting becomes quite simple.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Ok, they're Scythe UltraKaze fans, 0.6A @ 12V.
Got 6 of'em to hook up, think I should use two molex connectors or will it be ok to daisy chain them all on one?

3 seems reasonable;  thst's still well under 200w....  should be fine IMHO.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Ok, they're Scythe UltraKaze fans, 0.6A @ 12V.
Got 6 of'em to hook up, think I should use two molex connectors or will it be ok to daisy chain them all on one?
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Guys, quick one please:
I'm hooking up a few case fans to a rig, and they've got molex extenders.
Can I just daisy chain, say, 3 of them and power them with one single molex power cable from the PSU? Will all 3 fans run at full speed?

Yes, ive daisy chained exactly 3 fans on several occassions on one molex, work perfectly fine, most case fans draw less than 1A anyways.

Ditto
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Guys, quick one please:
Can I just daisy chain, say, 3 of them and power them with one single molex power cable from the PSU? Will all 3 fans run at full speed?

Yes, ive daisy chained exactly 3 fans on several occassions on one molex, work perfectly fine, most case fans draw less than 1A anyways.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
You can't tell until you do it. Depends on wiring of fan to molex and psu design
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Guys, quick one please:
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Nicehash version 0.23. Stock settings on the cpu I think I need to go into windows and alter cache allocation. Been a while since I setup the cpus to mine xmr.  The threadripper 1920x is about 950 to 1015 hash on same software while this is about 1075 to 1115 hash this uses less power than  the threadripper.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

this is it with 2 1660ti

while that seems poor it is turning a profit of 21cents  I think  the new fork will help that alot.

What miner app are you using out of curiosity?
legendary
That 3900x is a beauty (on paper anyway).  I have a feeling it's going to be rather popular once Monero finishes their fork to RandomX.

this is it with 2 1660ti

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
That 3900x is a beauty (on paper anyway).  I have a feeling it's going to be rather popular once Monero finishes their fork to RandomX.
legendary
http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1QBZxAAva9msx8w7QSDkr39nbkA1QARGC7
I hope I still control that address in a wallet somewhere.  Its never going to find a block, but it runs.  FOR SCIENCE
edit: its on ckpool but its more fun to have it on your own node

What really is hurtful is the sales I sold so much gear at good prices. My business model included the sales.

To insure low risk I did lots and lots of low profit sales of gear.

Simply can’t do business this way with current rules of reporting.

Just setup a ryzen 9 3900x rig
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1QBZxAAva9msx8w7QSDkr39nbkA1QARGC7
I hope I still control that address in a wallet somewhere.  Its never going to find a block, but it runs.  FOR SCIENCE
edit: its on ckpool but its more fun to have it on your own node
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Switch to Gemini I got worried about my tax liability after I saw these emails were going out and emailed gemeni

Thanks for reaching out. Based on your account history, you did not meet the threshold for number of digital asset sales transactions in 2017 and 2018 and, therefore, Gemini does not have any tax statements available for you. Please note that Gemini will only send Forms 1099-K to customers and the IRS where both of the following conditions are met:

1. The customer's number of bitcoin, ether, Zcash, litecoin, and bitcoin cash sales transactions on the exchange exceeds 200 transactions per year, and
2. The customer's total sales proceeds from all sales transactions exceeds $20,000 per year.

For your reference, the amounts that would be reported on the Form come directly from an account’s transaction history Excel file, which can be accessed by following the three steps below:

Tho makes far more sense , if you are not trading like crazy over 200k trasacations no way coinbase should be farming out your info to the irs.  for the record I just use Gemini to go from crypto to fiat , sometimes I buy Btc through it but I don’t trade there , fees are too high and also to stay unde the radar.

Leave coinbase they are shitheads, btw I move well over 80 90k usd though my gemeni account each of the last two years Lol

200 not 200k.

My advice is use a non kyc exchange for your day to day trades , high volume shit and use another one far less frequently to cash out as needed no more than 2 to 3 transactions a month.  and Dump Coinbase!!

Yes but you should always just pay any taxes earned on income such as mining or capital gains such as trading. They might not send any statements to IRS right now since you are below $20K threshold but all your account history will be permantently there.

So in the future if the IRS sends Gemini an inquiry for any previous tax years even though you are under the $20K threshold they might still send your records. Also another issue is that your bank will see you are getting funds from Gemini and your bank will also have to provide that info to the IRS if they ask how much money was received from crypto exchanges.

The entire thing is a real big headache and its just better to pay the taxes than try and hide income.

All that’s true but I would rather pay it on my Own rather than have coinbase automatically sending my stuff out willy nilly to the irs , I pay my taxes based on my own calculations,  plus the bank wound never send shit to the irs unless you are pushing 10k per transaction which  is stupid if you are lol
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Tho makes far more sense , if you are not trading like crazy over 200k trasacations no way coinbase should be farming out your info to the irs.  for the record I just use Gemini to go from crypto to fiat , sometimes I buy Btc through it but I don’t trade there , fees are too high and also to stay unde the radar.

200 not 200k.

Yes but you should always just pay any taxes earned on income such as mining or capital gains such as trading. They might not send any statements to IRS right now since you are below $20K threshold but all your account history will be permantently there.

So in the future if the IRS sends Gemini an inquiry for any previous tax years even though you are under the $20K threshold they might still send your records. Also another issue is that your bank will see you are getting funds from Gemini and your bank will also have to provide that info to the IRS if they ask how much money was received from crypto exchanges.

The entire thing is a real big headache and its just better to pay the taxes than try and hide income.
Jump to: