Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 137. (Read 66174 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
nvidia 3000 series rumored to be released 1st half of 2020, 1080ti users can now skip a generation

3080ti is 16GB BTW
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Guys what you think about Bitfree Cash (BFC)? Someone call it's Ponzi scam, but profit from mining for now very good.

Well I searched and searched and couldn't find it on the announcements page. So I decided to google it and found a link but when I click it I get some error saying I don't have the rights to access that thread. Its looks like it was either removed due to a potential ponzi scheme like you said or there is some other link that I can't find.

Post the official ANN and I will take a look. The issue is that if its indeed a ponzi, its a waste of time to mine since no exchange will list it. In my opinion stay away from any Ponzi schemes, it gives crypto a bad name and its the reason why the 2018 bear market started when bitcoinnnect went under.

ANN is already done but far away from 1st page https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitfree-cash-a-new-p2p-electronic-cash-system-based-on-mortgage-business-5198227

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Guys what you think about Bitfree Cash (BFC)? Someone call it's Ponzi scam, but profit from mining for now very good.

Well I searched and searched and couldn't find it on the announcements page. So I decided to google it and found a link but when I click it I get some error saying I don't have the rights to access that thread. Its looks like it was either removed due to a potential ponzi scheme like you said or there is some other link that I can't find.

Post the official ANN and I will take a look. The issue is that if its indeed a ponzi, its a waste of time to mine since no exchange will list it. In my opinion stay away from any Ponzi schemes, it gives crypto a bad name and its the reason why the 2018 bear market started when bitcoinnnect went under.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Currently have two RX 5700s rig humming away in my garage, its currently 51f degrees outside so its keeping the garage nice and warm when the wife and I pull out of the garage in the morning

You must have some good insulation to actually feel a difference with only 2 GPUs ...

He may mean 2 Rx 5700 rigs with multiple GPU's each ...
legendary
Currently have two RX 5700s rig humming away in my garage, its currently 51f degrees outside so its keeping the garage nice and warm when the wife and I pull out of the garage in the morning

You must have some good insulation to actually feel a difference with only 2 GPUs. I remember a few years back I actually had a rig in the garage and it did absolutely nothing to warm up the garage.

In the summer it was annoying because the garage was way too hot but in the winter when it got below 0 C it did nothing. The car inside was still freezing cold.

I remember I actually wanted to put an Antminer S3 inside the car in the winter so it would be nice and toasty inside however the issue was that if you left the S3 in the freezing car it would refuse to start, would need to thaw first and then had to be taking into the car when warm.
Activity: 198
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
bump

yet to test anything real world stuff has delayed me.

iCP8ZAyGXdoEpWu5jWDXf2j8LJZrj5NXrE
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Phil - is this worth joining - seems too good to be true to get that extra payouts assuming its better than current PPS at viabtc.

https://mining.bitcoin.com/hashrace/
when I get back to howell I will test it with some s17 gear
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil - is this worth joining - seems too good to be true to get that extra payouts assuming its better than current PPS at viabtc.

https://mining.bitcoin.com/hashrace/
legendary
What is a navi 5500 series

Just noticed this alt nickname of yours.

Wondering why don't you just post from your actual username on your cell phone? It works for me.

Just log in as you normally would and you stayed logged in forever on all your phones and computers. You don't need to log in manually everytime. Even if you are browsing using data and you got another IP, you will still be logged in.

Only annoying thing with a cell phone is that if you got an old phone with a small screen you need to zoom in and zoom out alot because there is no mobile bitcointalk format but the actual full page view which is a pain on a small screen.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
What is a navi 5500 series
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
ahhh winter, where profits dont matter and any revenue is a plus.  Next spring might be a good time to switch out GPUs for Navis.  So 5500 series will be 4GB ? Plus Intel late 2020 with 1080p GPUs I hear.  Sounds like 1080p offering for gamers will be cheap and plentiful.  About time.  Really AMD should have a lineup based on your resolution.  1080p = cheap 4gb, 1440p = high end 8gb, 4k = enthusiast 12gb+, etc.  With an intermediary high fps version for each resolution, so 1080p 144hz = beefed 4gb.  In other news, there are many cheap RX570/580s models on local listings, mining only version nvidias on alibaba/ebay for sale.  I myself sold my 1060s and 1070s (i only had a few).  keeping RX models since they are 35% electricity cost vs revenue and has a very low mh/$ resale value vs nvidia.  keeping 1080tis since they probably wont depreciate much for another year I hope.  I look at elec cost/total revenue and $/mhs metrics.  I dont see anything worth buying except for more RX570s 8GB under 100$ but I dont really want to do that because another factor is total space/amps I have.  More RX = less total hashrate possible for given amps.  But then again, I could sell them in 6 months and switch to 5500s or something and recoup pretty much the same amount of $.  Meanwhile if you want to clean up your rigs, usb risers, motherboards and rig frames are dirt, dirt, cheap right now.
I havent gotten any CPUs to mine yet, RandomX is a spot of sunshine in this gloomy period.  Happy mining
legendary
I think this thread deserves a bump since it's my favorite thread on Bitcointalk now a days. I keep checking if it's bumped on the first page of the mining section and get upset to see it pushed back. Surprised that the last reply was at the beginning of the month and we are almost at Halloween.

What is everybodies take on the XMR move to a new algo which is more CPU friendly. Are you going to have rigs ready when the launch happens? Anyone think it will actually be profitable? RandomX is the algo and anyone know if it's GPU mineable or CPU only?

I have 2 amd ryzen 9 3900x rigs  I have no idea if they will turn profit.  but I do have 2 of them.  I point them to nicehash and mine cryptonightR + x16R

https://www.nicehash.com/my/miner/146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3/stats

I have 4 rigs  mining above

2 ryzen 9 3900c  these have 3 btx 1660
1 threadripper 1920 this has 4 vega 56
1 ryzen 7 2700x thus has a gtx 1660 and a gtx 1080 ti

they are using about 2000 watts and they are losing money.  but I am getting heat from them so they are very close to break even
legendary
I think this thread deserves a bump since it's my favorite thread on Bitcointalk now a days. I keep checking if it's bumped on the first page of the mining section and get upset to see it pushed back. Surprised that the last reply was at the beginning of the month and we are almost at Halloween.

What is everybodies take on the XMR move to a new algo which is more CPU friendly. Are you going to have rigs ready when the launch happens? Anyone think it will actually be profitable? RandomX is the algo and anyone know if it's GPU mineable or CPU only?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
I think the hashrate drop was nothing more than reporters looking for an explanation for the price drop, however I think its nothing more than a coincidence.

I've been around BTC long enough to realise that sometimes when you are waiting for your transaction to confirm due to bad luck it can take over 3 hours for a block to confirm. And I am also used to the very high variance that these hashrate charts can have. Since BTC has long block times, it takes a few days to a few weeks to see an actual hashrate drop from miners shutting down their rigs. For a coin like ETH, it might take a few hours or a day or so to see GPU miners shutting down.

This is similiar to what happened when we broke the $6000 support back in Nov 18. People were saying it was due to Bitcoin SV however its just a coincidence and was mostly due to way too many over-leveraged longs which were liquidated on all these futures exchanges that everybody is using these days.
legendary
I did not understand the essence of forex brokers before. But now my dad has become actively involved in this and I see that it is not in vain. Quick deposit and withdrawal of funds, which is very convenient. The main thing is to choose the [url = https : // paxforex . com ]forex  broker [ / url ] for yourself and study the necessary trades, constantly stay in this area and develop. To easily and quickly perform the necessary operations, much depends on your platform.

don't post links in my thread.
Jump to: