Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 140. (Read 66174 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I think you guys are getting paranoid, but it also seems like a good case for privacy coins.

Yes it is a bit paranoid and everyone is from China on the list.

But my wonderful prez has decided to up the anti with more tariffs against China and China has upped the tariffs back.

So things seem to be moving into unfriendliness as I type.

I also will most likely alter all my crypto business practices to avoid yet another pitfall that has seemed to appear this summer.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
I think you guys are getting paranoid, but it also seems like a good case for privacy coins.
legendary

My worries would be my sales of gently used gear to people in the USA and occasionally europe.

FWIW most of what I traded you came from zpool mining, or potentially from a yobit sig campaign payment;  but most likely from the main zpool wallet.   They use auto-exchange when mining to pay in BTC, so who knows what coins from what exchange.  99% of what was obtained from yobit has already been sold on gdax or otherwise.

The FED is pretty retarded in this whole ordeal...   They are digging quite a substantial hole.

Yeah I have been looking at the addresses listed above and do not think I have had direct contact with them.

But  think about the potential issues  about doing a 1 gpu sale  to any forum member.
 If it comes from any private wallet and not from say coinbase or an exchange  you could be subject to a seizure of the coin.
 I figure I sold 140000 in gear from 2012 to 2019  much of which was using btc some ltc some eth. Hopefully  I am good to go with this new issue. 

My real concern is expansion of those lists and where the feds are going to go looking for tainted coins and wallets seems to bring up quite a few issues.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

My worries would be my sales of gently used gear to people in the USA and occasionally europe.

FWIW most of what I traded you came from zpool mining, or potentially from a yobit sig campaign payment;  but most likely from the main zpool wallet.   They use auto-exchange when mining to pay in BTC, so who knows what coins from what exchange.  99% of what was obtained from yobit has already been sold on gdax or otherwise.

The FED is pretty retarded in this whole ordeal...   They are digging quite a substantial hole.
legendary
So the btc  accounts above I listed are barred by USA government.

I checked the first one it had 99 coins in and 79 out.

Leaving 20 left in it.

My question is what happens if some  coin passes into one of my accounts.

It seems to me he could move 1 btc into coinbase.  And when I buy a coin coinbase moves it to my wallet.

Thus a tainted coin.

I do not fully understand the tainted quality of these accounts.

I know if a bank give me 500 in 20 dollar bills and two or three are marked as bad money I get stuck with the loss.

Is the USA going to just expand the invalid tainted btc addresses to a point that lots of coins are worthless?

If so it appears I should dump all coins that may be tainted or am I just overly frustrated or paranoid?

I think if he moves 1 BTC to coinbase, and then later you do a withdraw and unluckly his BTC gets sent to you, then you are most likely not to worry since it was sent to a middle-man (Coinbase) first of all. The liability in this situation would be for Coinbase to freeze that account and investigate.

The issues will arise however if they send coins directly to someone else like selling some BTC for an alt without using an exchange or just doing a person to person meet and sending the coins directly to another wallet. Then that individual would have issues if they sent those coins to an exchange.

Very difficult to actually assess what would happen in this situation.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Leaving 20 left in it.

It seems to me he could move 1 btc into coinbase.  And when I buy a coin coinbase moves it to my wallet.

Thus a tainted coin.

I know if a bank give me 500 in 20 dollar bills and two or three are marked as bad money I get stuck with the loss.

Is the USA going to just expand the invalid tainted btc addresses to a point that lots of coins are worthless?

If so it appears I should dump all coins that may be tainted or am I just overly frustrated or paranoid?

I think if he moves 1 BTC to coinbase, and then later you do a withdraw and unluckly his BTC gets sent to you, then you are most likely not to worry since it was sent to a middle-man (Coinbase) first of all. The liability in this situation would be for Coinbase to freeze that account and investigate.

The issues will arise however if they send coins directly to someone else like selling some BTC for an alt without using an exchange or just doing a person to person meet and sending the coins directly to another wallet. Then that individual would have issues if they sent those coins to an exchange.

Very difficult to actually assess what would happen in this situation.
legendary

Leaving 20 left in it.

Thus a tainted coin.

Activity: 355
Merit: 276
does this seem to be a problem to anyone but me?

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20190821.aspx

quote from above:

"The following individuals have been added to OFAC's SDN List:

YAN, Xiaobing (Chinese Traditional: 顏曉兵; Chinese Simplified: 颜晓兵) (a.k.a. "YAN, Steven"; a.k.a. "ZHOU, William"), Wuhan, Hubei, China (Chinese Simplified: 武汉市, 湖北省, China; Chinese Traditional: 武漢市, 湖北省, China); DOB 25 Mar 1977; POB Wuhan City, Hubei, China; citizen China; Gender Male; Digital Currency Address - XBT 12QtD5BFwRsdNsAZY76UVE1xyCGNTojH9h; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 1Kuf2Rd8mDyAViwBozGTNYnvWL8uYFrkVo; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 13f59kUM5FU8MfTG7DCEugYarDhSD7XCoC; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 1P3ZfGFLezzYGg9k5SVzQmnjyh7nrUmF2y; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 1EpMiZkQVekM5ij12nMiEwttFPcDK9XhX6; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 1JREJdZupiFhE7ZzQPtASuMCvvpXC7wRsC; Chinese Commercial Code 7346 2556 0365; Citizen's Card Number 421002197703250019 (China) (individual) [SDNTK].

ZHENG, Fujing (Chinese Simplified: 郑福景; Chinese Traditional: 鄭福景) (a.k.a. "DENG, Gao"; a.k.a. "JIN, Gordon"; a.k.a. "ZHENG, Gordon"); DOB 11 Jun 1983; POB China; nationality China; citizen China; Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; Gender Male; Digital Currency Address - XBT 17ezuJoT3XBbdcwFZbkTnrXbup11F4uhiy; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 1DH2xDH7TngrDU6LXciprKCBKNcPA1xX8A; Passport G31920875 (China) issued 24 Oct 2008 expires 23 Oct 2018; Identification Number 310107198306111336 (China); Chinese Commercial Code 6774 4395 2529 (individual) [SDNTK].

ZHENG, Guanghua (Chinese Traditional: 鄭广華; Chinese Simplified: 郑广华); DOB 04 Nov 1955; POB Shanghai, China; nationality China; citizen China; Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; Gender Male; Digital Currency Address - XBT 33Kja69SQVc8kozpoP7Qw6HFtGxHkiWzTz; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 3MkUNScqf21EcfWq6T4x2MFgBeSTqhB5t6; alt. Digital Currency Address - XBT 18uKfaUjgG52rVeXEi3wxnveww7zZuECtE; Digital Currency Address - LTC LaizKtS5DUhPuP1nTQcc83MS7HwK6vk85z; Passport E51809923 (China) issued 25 May 2015 expires 24 May 2025; Identification Number 310108195511041616 (China); Chinese Commercial Code 6774 1639 5478 (individual) [SDNTK].

The following entities have been added to OFAC's SDN List:

QINSHENG PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. (a.k.a. SHANGHAI QINSHENG PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.; a.k.a. SHANGHAI QINSHENG PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.; a.k.a. SHANGHAI QINSHENG PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.), Room 614, Floor 3, No. 1, Alley 468, New Siping Highway, Shanghai 201413, China; Room 614, Floor 3, Block 1, Lane 468, Xinsiping Highway, Fengxian District, Shanghai, China; Website www.qinvictory.com [SDNTK].

ZHENG DRUG TRAFFICKING ORGANIZATION, Shanghai, China; Website www.globalrc.net; alt. Website www.goldenrc.com; alt. Website www.toplabrc.com; Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected]; alt. Email Address [email protected] [SDNTK].

Bookmark and Share
Last Updated: 8/21/2019 10:18 AM"

legendary

I will be doing a full make over of my business  due to the tax reporting issues. So frankly I have lost a lot of interest in many coins.

Raven as I am holding them
BCI     as I am Holding them

DOGE hasn't been mineable for years by itself, since it went Merged Mining mode.
It gets swamped by all the merge mining out of LTC, and is IMPOSSIBLE to mine for a profit on it's own as a result.

BTC + XMR + (LTC + DOGE)   will be all that I mine.

this is more clear.

I mine LTC + DOGE on spec.  As I have 11gh in L3+  that do a 50-50 coin spilt .

So that is .22ltc a day along with 400 doge a day. I just hold those two.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I will be doing a full make over of my business  due to the tax reporting issues. So frankly I have lost a lot of interest in many coins.

BTC
LTC
XMR   
DOGE will be all that I mine.

DOGE hasn't been mineable for years by itself, since it went Merged Mining mode.
It gets swamped by all the merge mining out of LTC, and is IMPOSSIBLE to mine for a profit on it's own as a result.

Activity: 186
Merit: 4
The upcoming change to XMR's algo has got me excited, I don't expect any profits but it's doing things different and than anyone else at the moment.

Maybe other coins would follow, maybe it will fall flat.Any bets?
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
Phil  looks like banks  are trying a new twist?

I pulled/quoted some of the article under the link

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/negative-interest-rates-japan-germany-france-150324580.html

"What if I said I wanted to borrow $100 from you and pay you back $99 five years later? Would you do it?

Hell no!

And yet this is exactly what’s happening right now in the banking systems of Japan, Germany, France, and other European countries.

Negative interest rates — where the lender gets paid back less than they’ve loaned — now add up to 30%, (and counting), of the global tradable bond universe, according to JPMorgan (JPM). You may have seen for instance that Germany just sold the first negative yielding 30-year bond issue.

In case you’re wondering, yes, this is crazy.

“It’s really unusual and really distorting the global financial system,” says Torsten Slok, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Securities (DB). “I spend all my time talking about it.”

This is not going to end well

Negative rates are counterintuitive, unprecedented — and to my mind — mind-bendingly insane and downright scary. They are like a parallel universe where everything you’ve ever learned about finance and human behavior is turned upside down. ..."

Note I was amazed to read this new twist on reality.

Can you imagine buying a negative yielding 30-year bond issue?

I can't but germany did Grin wtf?

I went to the link it is nuts it states 45% of the worlds bonds are negative interest rates!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/negative-interest-rates-japan-germany-france-150324580.html

"... Exactly how big is the negative rates universe now? According to Deutsche Bank’s Slok, there’s some $15 trillion of negative yielding bonds in the world (out of a total of some $115 trillion), up from zero five years ago. All German government bonds are negative yielding now. And if you exclude the U.S., some 45% of the worlds’ bonds have negative yields. So not chicken feed. ..."

Damn that is fucked up.
legendary
Anyone up to date what is going on with Ethereum?

Looking at Ethermine it looks like the ProgPOW audit should be released in Late August which is now. Also it looks like the ETH devs have finalized the next Ethereum fork (Istanbul) and looking at the EIP posted it doesnt look like there is any type of algo change in there.

Anyone know what is going on with ProgPOW? I remember watching a ETH dev conference and they said they are going to go with ProgPOW unless they encounter difficulties however since then we haven't heard much.

https://ethereum-magicians.org/t/progpow-audit-delay-issue/3309/143

You have an ASIC manufacturer reasoning why eth shouldn't change algo. Meanwhile eth devs seem to have zero will or capacity to make a decision on this subject.

I have lost interest in eth, I still mine it with a few undervolted AMD gpus but that's it.

eth is pretty much a joke.  actually  you can argue for

2 coins:

xmr  since they actually  fight asics
ltc since they have a shit ton of asics already

all other alt coins are pretty much bullshit.  this is general statement as there are a few good ones.

POS coins = piece of shit  that are simply  bank clones.

the truth is  without asic resistant algos  we don't need a lot of alt coins.

their best selling point was they work with gpus and that allowed millions of gpu owners to make some money.

Once they betrayed the asic resistant promise they damaged the entire altcoin movement.

My signature is still pretty much true.

BTC  can not scale  with out altcoins. =  fact   yeah some think it can scale it can't

LTC scales better the BTC

xmr has extra privacy

Eth  has become the stupidest coin I have ever seen. I am pretty sure it's king and or boss  has been fully compromised.

BTC
LTC
XMR   
DOGE will be all that I mine.

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

Looking at Ethermine it looks like the ProgPOW audit should be released in Late August which is now. Also it looks like the ETH devs have finalized the next Ethereum fork (Istanbul) and looking at the EIP posted it doesnt look like there is any type of algo change in there.

Anyone know what is going on with ProgPOW? I remember watching a ETH dev conference and they said they are going to go with ProgPOW unless they encounter difficulties however since then we haven't heard much.

https://ethereum-magicians.org/t/progpow-audit-delay-issue/3309/143

You have an ASIC manufacturer reasoning why eth shouldn't change algo. Meanwhile eth devs seem to have zero will or capacity to make a decision on this subject.

I have lost interest in eth, I still mine it with a few undervolted AMD gpus but that's it.
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Its not Satoshi.  There is no need for Satoshi to use > 2019 by Ivy McLemore & Associates. All rights reserved.<  IMO, In 2008 the curtain fell on the American financial system.  The monetary system isn't coping very well with the fact that since 2001 China and export nations have kept their currencies low and expanded on a huge scale.  They bought unprecedented amounts of USD debt/money with their massive trade surplus keeping the USD stronger than it should be, which led to de-industrialization/globalization accelerating.  This also directly kept the interest rates lower in America than they should have been, fueling loan creation and that over time culminated with the financial orgy that was collateralized mortgage debt obligations and their insurance products.  Nothing has been done to change it.  Structural problem which requires a structural change. 

Bitcoin is the structural change.

this is a very cool post.  Wanted to quote it in the event I wanted to reference it in the future.

Progpow is delayed for next year,it should be part of second hard fork

thanks, i too have not much paid attention to my eth that i mined back in the day. i just keep hearing about eth 2.0, sharding, progpow, blabla. since i just hodl eth now and not mine it anymore im out of the loop. although should be getting bag into eth soonish as i have an fpga on its way that can do it as a side bitstream.

so. anything i need to do with my old skool eth that are in my trezor/MEW? i assume not but it sure would suck if i blow it by not asking a simple question.

I have my bags of eth on Trezor.  It's been pretty smooth thus far.  No changes I am aware of.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

thanks, i too have not much paid attention to my eth that i mined back in the day. i just keep hearing about eth 2.0, sharding, progpow, blabla. since i just hodl eth now and not mine it anymore im out of the loop. although should be getting bag into eth soonish as i have an fpga on its way that can do it as a side bitstream.

so. anything i need to do with my old skool eth that are in my trezor/MEW? i assume not but it sure would suck if i blow it by not asking a simple question.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Its not Satoshi.  There is no need for Satoshi to use > 2019 by Ivy McLemore & Associates. All rights reserved.<  IMO, In 2008 the curtain fell on the American financial system.  The monetary system isn't coping very well with the fact that since 2001 China and export nations have kept their currencies low and expanded on a huge scale.  They bought unprecedented amounts of USD debt/money with their massive trade surplus keeping the USD stronger than it should be, which led to de-industrialization/globalization accelerating.  This also directly kept the interest rates lower in America than they should have been, fueling loan creation and that over time culminated with the financial orgy that was collateralized mortgage debt obligations and their insurance products.  Nothing has been done to change it.  Structural problem which requires a structural change.  

Bitcoin is the structural change.
legendary
I have seen no mention of this yet so I thought I would bring it up:

https://www.ivymclemore.com/blog

The Bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto is actually James Caan (James Bilal Khalid Caan):

I mined 980,000 Bitcoins using a remote computer and my laptop in 2009. As Hal Finney explained this in his 2013 Bitcointalk post quite accurately, “those were the days when difficulty was 1, and you could find blocks with a CPU, not even a GPU.”

The real news is that the 980,000 BTC is lost forever. I am a bit surprised that news of the loss of 4.67% of the total supply of BTC has had no impact on the price.

Now, it could be worse, Phil. I know your IRS dealings are a PITA but at least you did not lose $19 billion like James did.

I read it out of boredom, and I think who ever wrote this spent a great deal of time on writing it and trying to connect many events and so forth. Here is what I don't understand?

Most programmers know that hard drives have a very high failure rate, why in the world wouldn't he have a backup? He stated that he didn't want to use any cloud backups because his wallet.dat wouldn't be secure, why not just put it on an old hard drive and put that drive in storage. Or a USB drive or burn it on a CD/DVD or even put it on an old floppy drive?

Also right after he lost his wallet.dat, why didn't he say anything about losing all those bitcoins in the forum?

Some people already analyzed this article and concluded that its false.

I am hoping it is true. But most likely it is not true. I think that btc was created as a response to the banks

Crashing the world economy back in 2008.  Btc was used to keep banks in line since it could replace banks if banks fuck up again.
Jump to: